Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mind Control, Needs Damage Immunity From Other Allies.

BloodKitten

im playing nyx here and there, and im always ticked off when people immidiatly kill enemy i mind control befor it can even do something.

could mind control be changed so only the nyx that control the enemy can damage him? would make this skill more usefull rather then a waste of energy 90% of the time due to target getting oblitirated from other tenno.

I tend to accidently kill mind controlled enemies allot. Either from not noticing they're mind controlled until the last second, killing them while the nyx is doing the animation to mind control an enemy, or mowing down a crowd and accidently killing it. I don't play nyx all that much honestly but I think this would be a great idea I always feel like the biggest jerk taking out a mind controlled enemy.

They could at least return the energy to nyx if a teammate immediately kills a mind controlled enemy or at least give the mind controlled enemy a defense buff against teammates so they won't accidently kill the enemy. As it stands mind control is almost a useless ability. It's such wasted potiental ability as well, mind controlling a leader or heavy unit is a great idea in theory but if a teammate just doesn't care or notice it's dead.

That would just make Nyx a troll frame. Imagine a Nyx using mind control on a:

- Boss/persecutor when they are the only thing in the room;

- Oxium osprey just so people can't kill it;

- Enemy in the extermination mission (any really, it would delay the mission by the duration of the skill).

Mind control is useful to kill stronger mobs (heavies, ancients, etc) without risking them damaging us in the process.

If you want to keep a controlled osprey alive, just tell the team or pick better players to play with, it's for their own good ^^.

- Enemy in the extermination mission (any really, it would delay the mission by the duration of the skill).

Mind control is useful to kill stronger mobs (heavies, ancients, etc) without risking them damaging us in the process.

If you want to keep a controlled osprey alive, just tell the team or pick better players to play with, it's for their own good ^^.

I tried using Mind Control on a heavy grineer before,

when my team mates kill him,

none of us got the xp..

I lol'd reading this pretty much what ^he^ said. Are you like using it on lancers and butchers? Use it on threats, like annoying heavy gunners, or napalms etc. Something that can mess up some mobs

when I can kill a Heavy Gunner without channeling in one hit with my Dragon Nikana I don't it matters what is targeted by Mind Control

I tried using Mind Control on a heavy grineer before,

when my team mates kill him,

none of us got the xp..

I think that is DE balance to the skill (neither Control Mind or Chaos give any xp on kill; Nekros Shadows of the Dead give 50% on their kills). In my opinion this just makes us use the skills less but go figure.

when I can kill a Heavy Gunner without channeling in one hit with my Dragon Nikana I don't it matters what is targeted by Mind Control

Try that on a very high level mob, this skill only shines in those occasions: first off you won't be knocked down, second you won't be attacked, third he will attack remaining enemies.

- Could disable use on boss/perscutors, you already can't resurrect bosses or perscutors so there would be a reason they wouldn't be able to make so you can't mind control them.

- Can disable it on oxium ospreys as well.

- There is an ability timer on mind control, it doesn't last forever, and other enemies attack the mind controlled enemy often times killing them rather quickly. Plus if a person really wants to troll an extermination mission just go hydriod with overextended (+90% power range -60% power damage at maxed) with maxed power duration and spam undertow. OR switch to loki with maxed power efficiency and keep switch teleporting teammates. Doesn't even have to be further back in the mission just around a room would be annoying enough. And if you are good about getting into places where you can't move and still switch teleport its even worse. Or switch to nova and block door ways with wormholes so teamates can't pass through it. Just because an ability can be "trollable" doesn't mean it'll be done by every single person. I've seen novas block door ways, I've been switched teleported to a spot where I couldn't get out of, I've seen a few hydroids spam undertow making missions last forever (especially defense).

Additonally they could also tweak mind control if they decide to change, maybe doing some damage to the enemy then locking that specific enemy so they can't be mind controlled again or at least not right away giving teammates enough time to kill it. It doesn't need to completely invincible from allies either, could be just a defense buff from the tenno so it'll be harder to accidently kill one.

ALSO if they ever do add that reputation system like they talked about long time ago, they could totally have a option to mark players a trolls. Enough votes of that could punish the player for being a jerk in some way.

Past the troll/not troll arguments. There's another reason some might not want it to have immunity to players.

Simply, sometimes I cast it on something so that mob will do some damage to the others, but other times I cast it on something so I can safely kill it without it killing me. I wouldn't like to lose this abilities use as a simple CC if needed.

Past the troll/not troll arguments. There's another reason some might not want it to have immunity to players.

Simply, sometimes I cast it on something so that mob will do some damage to the others, but other times I cast it on something so I can safely kill it without it killing me. I wouldn't like to lose this abilities use as a simple CC if needed.

The player that used mind control could always do full damage to the mind controlled enemy. I think the main problem is that other players tend not to care if the nyx is mind controlling an enemy and just kills it without second thought.

Bosses aren't affected by Mind Control.

Easy fix:

While active, players cannot damage a Mind Controlled unit, but their damage dealt is represented on the unit's life bar by the bar turning red incrementally according to damage dealt. Upon Mind Control's expiration, all damage that players dealt, the red segment of the bar, is applied instantly. No trolling, neat burst damage opportunities, allows for Nyx to be able to actually USE Mind Control as more than an extended stun.

Easy fix:

While active, players cannot damage a Mind Controlled unit, but their damage dealt is represented on the unit's life bar by the bar turning red incrementally according to damage dealt. Upon Mind Control's expiration, all damage that players dealt, the red segment of the bar, is applied instantly. No trolling, neat burst damage opportunities, allows for Nyx to be able to actually USE Mind Control as more than an extended stun.

Now that's a good idea.

Even a simple fix could work : Make the Mind Controlled unit immune to friendly fire, but he always dies after 20 seconds (whatever you seem fit, affected by power duration). You cannot control more than 1 enemy.

Easy, useful, and trolling avoided.

Easy fix:

This is actually the best idea i've heard for mind control suprised I haven't heard it before

Even a simple fix could work : Make the Mind Controlled unit immune to friendly fire, but he always dies after 20 seconds (whatever you seem fit, affected by power duration). You cannot control more than 1 enemy.

Easy, useful, and trolling avoided.

Seems like a nice idea in theory but with max power effiency it could be just a cheap way to kill everything.

Easy fix:

I don't have Nyx anymore but this is genious.