Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stance's Hidden Damage Multiplier -_-

Smoking-Ashes

Like the title says, there are hidden dmg multipliers for some stances (currently only crimson dervish from what i know).

I know that melee 2.0 was supposed to make melee more viable, however with other stances giving only combo's why is there a stance that makes Long Swords better than most melee weapons when the dmg is compared (per hit in game...not just the stats that are shown in the load out menu).

I believe that DE should either remove the Crimson Dervish x2 dmg multiplier or add it to all other rare stances as well; should other stances also have a multiplier they too should be removed (of course that's if C D multiplier is removed) so that melee stances are equalized and don't play "favorites".

What do you guys think? i'd especially like the hear the opinions of those that didn't know that C D had multiplier.

PlZ give constructive criticisms and not just insult me or others

I've heard that some of the Scythe stances have damage multipliers in them as well.

I doubt it's a longsword only thing. Also, adding a damage multiplier on the stance could help balance out some of the innately lower damaging, older weapons.

Edited by fishworshipper

..... do you know who drops this Stance? Bombard..... yes, a Bombard, one of the biggest pain in the necks of droping rare mods along with the Leech Osprey. So, no, dont go asking for a nerf for something that is hard to obtain.

Edited by Kao-Snake

..... do you know who drops this Stance? Bombard..... yes, a Bombard, one of the biggest pain in the necks of droping rare mods along with the Leech Osprey. So, no, dont go asking for a nerf for something that is hard to obtain.

Tranquil Cleave (as well as gnashing pyraya or however you spell it XD) is among the more harder stances to obtain...by your logic it too should have a dmg multipliers, right? because if not then you are just picking and choosing the things that you like/benefit from -_-  

also going by your logic they should buff Berserk, Whirl Wind, ect. as they too are extremely hard to obtain -_- 

COOLANT LEAK needs buff because its super hard to get and AoE is tiny but hey you dont hear me complaining about it 

Tranquil Cleave (as well as gnashing pyraya or however you spell it XD) is among the more harder stances to obtain...by your logic it too should have a dmg multipliers, right? because if not then you are just picking and choosing the things that you like/benefit from -_-  

also going by your logic they should buff Berserk, Whirl Wind, ect. as they too are extremely hard to obtain -_- 

COOLANT LEAK needs buff because its super hard to get and AoE is tiny but hey you dont hear me complaining about it 

Whirlwind gives the Glaive 180% more flight speed, if want it to be buffed more it will become hit-scan, Berserker is hard to find and its from what Im told, its VERY good on Zorens/Ichors (I cant know because my FPS cant keep up with the attack speed).

now Coolant Leak NEEDS a buff, in either range or slow down strenght.

Now I dont think Tranquil Clave is as hard to get as Crimson Dervish, mostly because it drops from an enemy that is very common, Arid/Frontier Butchers are easy to kill and they have to get in melee rage, and Xini is full of Elite Crewman for Payara.(did u know they do impact proc on u more often than not? Isnt the Flux Rifle supposed to be mainly Slash?)

Now a Bombard is either by going on Mercury Survival for low levels wich you have to go 15 minutes to see even 1 of them, or go the higher levels were they are thougher but spawn quicker, however they still spawn along with Nalpans and Heavy Gunners wich makes them share spawn with 2 other hard-to-kill/can-easily-mess-you-up-if-you-are-not-carefull Heavies.

Either way, we face a grindwall.....

Dakra Prime master race.

Deal with it.

i suppose people cant read when others write, reply with positive/constructive/ect criticisms...such is the internet full of bias, self centered, illogical, childish, ect child/ren or man child/ren (idk the female term for this praise :( )

teaches me to try and get other's insights and opinions in a adult fashion -_-

i suppose people cant read when others write, reply with positive/constructive/ect criticisms...such is the internet full of bias, self centered, illogical, childish, ect child/ren or man child/ren (idk the female term for this praise :( )

teaches me to try and get other's insights and opinions in a adult fashion -_-

You should really learn to type properly without the usage of emoticons before criticizing others as being immature.

Hate to break it to you, but after doing some number crunching with my skana prime it appears that the damage multiplier is closer to 3 rather than 2

And actually on topic, I also tested with other stances and yes they do modify your damage, but at different parts of the combo for different weapons, and even in one case, not extensively tested, crossing snakes appears to actually lower the damage of the first attack for dual ethers, and for gnashing payara is increases the damage slightly on the first attack then lowers it slightly on the next two attacks to account for it, after seeing this I assume that somewhere in the crimson dervish combo is probably a lower damage strike that is harder to see. And finally the last stance I played with to look into this was cleaving whirlwind, which doubles the damage for the entirety of the spinning during the broken bull combo

Edited by LordDarkwing

Or the Skana Prime has a hidden damage multi, maybe? Try it compared to the Dakra Prime.

Ill go do that real quick.

EDIT: and after one quick run with each the damage is nearly tripled as I said before, going from 76 with nothing on dakra, to 230 with dervish

Edited by LordDarkwing

Whirlwind gives the Glaive 180% more flight speed, if want it to be buffed more it will become hit-scan, Berserker is hard to find and its from what Im told, its VERY good on Zorens/Ichors (I cant know because my FPS cant keep up with the attack speed).

now Coolant Leak NEEDS a buff, in either range or slow down strenght.

Now I dont think Tranquil Clave is as hard to get as Crimson Dervish, mostly because it drops from an enemy that is very common, Arid/Frontier Butchers are easy to kill and they have to get in melee rage, and Xini is full of Elite Crewman for Payara.(did u know they do impact proc on u more often than not? Isnt the Flux Rifle supposed to be mainly Slash?)

Now a Bombard is either by going on Mercury Survival for low levels wich you have to go 15 minutes to see even 1 of them, or go the higher levels were they are thougher but spawn quicker, however they still spawn along with Nalpans and Heavy Gunners wich makes them share spawn with 2 other hard-to-kill/can-easily-mess-you-up-if-you-are-not-carefull Heavies.

Either way, we face a grindwall.....

Berserk works well but that was me just trying to get my point through XD; also Tranquil Cleave is not hard to get because the spawn rate or difficulty in killing butchers but rather the actual drop rate for T C is so low :(

i agree that grineer ogris' guys are hard to kill/avoid dmg from;i even sided with grineer in tht corpus vs grineer event because of the ogris guys XD. However im saying, that there are other stances that are also hard to get and but have no benefits besides the unlocking combo's :( and that DE should either remove the dmg multiplier or add them to the other rare stances as well.

PS had the added the dmg multiplier to only the are stances (but all of them) i wouldnt mind; but they didnt and its ridiculous that my Dakra can do 12k plus dmg per strike no matter what faction but my orthos prime gets 3-4k  and d. nikana gets 5-8k even when they have faction specific element on and actually have better stats than Dakra. (these numbers are from when im in invis...and the difference between them is even higher should they also get the natural crit dmg they have) 

im not hating, because i do love my dakra but what i am saying is that it doesnt make sense...just like the snipetron didnt make sene and they removed it.  

im happy you agreed with the coolant leak needing buff XD

Also just tested with dark sword and its damage without dervish is 44 to a lvl1 lancer and with it it comes to 132, so it is tripled, and dakra may have some unseen decimals involved with getting its numbers.

thx for checking it out with other weaps XD, i cant do it because i dont have inventory space :(

You should really learn to type properly without the usage of emoticons before criticizing others as being immature.

why should i? english is my fourth lang and i use it better than most americans and my english comprehension is better then 98 out of 100 12th grade students that took the ASVAB and overall i got a 95 in the english section/s of the ASVAB, my grammar/punctualization/ect in writing... well it is a whole different beast.

What is wrong with using emoto-cons? i mean lang is used to convey messages with others and emoto-cons work just as well for that...so why are YOU having a problem with it?

srry for not following my own request guys/girls that are actually being helpful/informative/ect :(

You know, I was wondering.....which stances passively give damage bonuses and how much.....

This would be important to record and report as it would allow us to understand the stances just a bit more.

Edited by Darkmoone1

Tranquil cleave is mindbogglingly easy to find compared to crimson dervish.  I've ground out 8 tranquil cleaves, I had to trade for a crimson dervish despite grinding just as much for it :|

i think swirling tigers hits multiple times per combo swing (theory being that the attacks are simulating big ol kitty claw strikes) until the finisher, and also swings them in a way that maximizes reach span of the weapons since you're flailing your arms outward wildly, causing berserker to pile up massively if you spend longer than three seconds in contact with an enemy and even shorter if you're crowd diving

Edited by weirdee

Also, adding a damage multiplier on the stance could help balance out some of the innately lower damaging, older weapons.

what about Glaive? have to Switch to glaive to use channel in order to deal 5k critical on thrown? my dragon nikana does better and swings even faster...

about coolant leak, we need them to be upgrade-able/level-able, which increase the ranges?

Perhaps the stances use the alternate damage numbers? I noticed that brutal tide seems to use spin attack damage.

doubt so, my down attacks on dragon nikana with 1.5x? does 49k critical damage on ancient disrupter while doing only 6k critical on normal.

what's more my dragon nikana is stance-less