Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slow Ninja Needs Speed Tips!

CookieStorm

I just returned to the game after a very long time away and in the very first mission I played with other players I was being left in the dust.  I use Volt and was having to jump-slide (which I know use to be faster than sprinting and still feels like it is) just to keep from lagging too far behind the other three players who were simply outrunning me on foot.  Are there speed boost mods or some new sprinting mechanic that were introduced or that I've simply forgotten about?

There is a single sprinting mod.

Besides that, try to get a feel for short sliding taps, instead of the long slides I see most people doing.
Also, if you see a oppurtunity, abuse warframe's physics :p
Wall running and jumping in the right angle will slingshot you!

There is a single sprinting mod.

Besides that, try to get a feel for short sliding taps, instead of the long slides I see most people doing.

Also, if you see a oppurtunity, abuse warframe's physics :p

Wall running and jumping in the right angle will slingshot you!

Longer slides keeps stamina from running out. I find that if you slide for the same amount of time as you run, there's no problem stamina and speed wise. 1 sec run, 1 sec slide. If you time it right I'm pretty sure the slide jump gives an extra boost.

Longer slides keeps stamina from running out. I find that if you slide for the same amount of time as you run, there's no problem stamina and speed wise. 1 sec run, 1 sec slide. If you time it right I'm pretty sure the slide jump gives an extra boost.

I never run out of stamina though.. as I said, you should get a feel for it, it's not something that happens overnight. If it is, you're a lucky b****rd

there is a aura mod that adds sprint speed: Sprint Boost, but it affects entire team. meaning that if they are already faster than you, they will still be relatively faster than you.

I could not be sure, but long forward somersault (the forward somersault which jumps further than the usual somersault. could actually be a trivial case of slide-jump) followed by slide seems faster than wall-run-jump.

Another useful thing after melee 2.0 is to use slide attacks which seems good for getting through a crowd of enemies, and still take down some of them in the process.

nobody ever talks about the front flip. i'm pretty sure it got buffed with u13 as i can usually fling myself average copter distance with it

shift + alt + space

I could not be sure, but long forward somersault (the forward somersault which jumps further than the usual somersault. could actually be a trivial case of slide-jump) followed by slide seems faster than wall-run-jump.

e: yeah, this

Edited by N7Vanquisher

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I'll try to spend more time sliding on the ground than through the air, and maybe keep my eyes open for places where I can abuse the wall run.  I love my Gram too much to give it up for something lighter, but if I have to I do have a Dark Sword I can switch to.

Apart from sliding and slingshooting, you can slide and press your jump key to do a front-flip, or simply use your melee weapon to copter your way through the map. (e.g.: Zoren; Glaive; Fang; etc. - Just add some fire-rate mods.)

nobody ever talks about the front flip. i'm pretty sure it got buffed with u13 as i can usually fling myself average copter distance with it

shift + alt + space

e: yeah, this

Yeah, forgot to add that. But this also really helps!

Finally someone that WANTS to go fast instead of trying to slow everyone around him down and complaining "OMFG RUSHERS EHUHEUHEU"

My friend, get the rush mod, get the dual zorens, equip them with the Fury mod and spam slide attacks, you'll enjoy the speed, ESPECIALLY if used with Volt's Speed.

Fast-Slide is my favourite and pretty much the best way to get around quickly.

The reason why, is because the maps usually aren't long hallway rooms where you can use the full potential of a "slingshot slide".

Now, for Fast-Slide, you need infinite stamina. And to get infinite stamina, you use Shield Flux on your Warframe and Guardian on your Sentinel.