Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Anyone Think We Will Ever Get A Quadraped Frame?

Sasquatchias

I'd love to have one, but I don't think we'll ever get one. No specific reason or anything for thinking like this, I just feel that its one of those things that'll be unlikely to happen.

It would be interesting to play a zanuka like frame, kinda like blade wolf from Metal Gear Rising Revengance :o

Zanuka.

Kubrow is a dog that will be a pet to replace your sentinal. he went to Tenno camp and can wall run.

http://youtu.be/db6QCHnWyX8?t=51m23s

I know about Kubrows, and while I'm excited to one day own a llama dog of death, I'm talking about a playable Warframe who's body structure is that of a quadruped.

Think like Zanuka minus the dismembered Tenno and Frankenstein aspect.

I want a Wolf frame, basically a frame that is capable of high speeds and rips enemies apart with fang and claws, and it must be on all fours, your weapons consist of Razor sharp claws & fangs, a rail gun mounted on your back.

The abilities consist of.

1. Ravaging Swipe - Wolf frame takes a swipe and a semi circle projectile appears, damages foes & travels through targets.

2. Arcane Mist - Wolf Frame lets out a steam like aura that fills the room with an AoE slow effect.

3. Howling Wolf - Wolf Frame Lets out a Howl and gains movement speed & attack speed buff ( also affects allies )

4. Particle blast - Wolf frame Charges power into its rail gun and lets out a huge particle beam that explodes with an AoE on contact.

wat

Quadrupedal frames? Are you being serious? How do you want to squeeze a humanoidal Tenno in quadrupedal frame? And besides: why?

They don't have to be humanoids squeezed into a quadrupedal frame. In the lore it states that the Tenno came back twisted from the Void, and we have evidence of physical mutations (Oberon's hooves.), so it isn't too unlikely that maybe a few Tenno's body structures changed as well, requiring new Warframe armors made specifically for them.

As for why: "Variety is the spice of life."

Wait... There was a similar topic some time ago... Was it created by you? I remember answering in it and laughing at poor excuses for why wouldn't it break the lore and would give us new possibilities...

I don't remember making any topics about it, but I do remember posting in one or two of them.

And I don't see how this would break the lore, the lore doesn't say anything that is directly against the idea of a quadrupedal Warframe/Tenno.

Tenno are twisted, but not mutated like Chargers are. You can't make a quadruped out of a biped just like that. Tenno are Tenno, because they are infected with Technocyte, but they're keeping it at bay, not allowing it to mutate them further. That's why they're special. That was the case of Hayden Tenno - the first Tenno.

You either are an Infested Charger - a quadruped - and you lose your mind, or you are what you're used to be (mostly), but gaining supernatural powers.

Tenno are twisted, but not mutated like Chargers are. You can't make a quadruped out of a biped just like that. Tenno are Tenno, because they are infected with Technocyte, but they're keeping it at bay, not allowing it to mutate them further. That's why they're special. That was the case of Hayden Tenno - the first Tenno.

You either are an Infested Charger - a quadruped - and you lose your mind, or you are what you're used to be (mostly), but gaining supernatural powers.

There's no real precedent to show how mutated the Tenno actually are. For all we know, they could very well look like Chargers underneath or not even have a humanoid shape at all.

They could very much as easily have developed animalistic powers/tendencies from the Void and their suit was designed to accomodate to best fit them.

Their powers come from the Void also because of how mysterious it is: it gives DE a huge range of freedom designwise, as there's not really much known about it

I don't think we'll ever get a quadrupedal warframe because animations.

This is more likely a reason it'll never happen though.

There's not necessarily any proof that the Tenno's physical form is inside of the Warframe. They could just pilot them via VR. It all depends on how your head-lore works. 

Me? I see the Tenno as a person controlling them, a pilot outside of the frame. That or an ethereal being that can shift forms to fill the suit itself. But there's definitely a lot of room for interpretation. One Tenno multiple suits, one Tenno per suit, etc. 

I don't see a Zanuka-esque Warframe being any sort of problem at all, whether lore or animations. We already have both the Zanuka and the Kubrows. Melee weapons can be used via claws and merely be stat modifiers similar to Valkyr's claws. Ranged weapons can be mounted on the shoulders. 

There's not necessarily any proof that the Tenno's physical form is inside of the Warframe. They could just pilot them via VR. It all depends on how your head-lore works. 

Me? I see the Tenno as a person controlling them, a pilot outside of the frame. That or an ethereal being that can shift forms to fill the suit itself. But there's definitely a lot of room for interpretation. One Tenno multiple suits, one Tenno per suit, etc. 

I don't see a Zanuka-esque Warframe being any sort of problem at all, whether lore or animations. We already have both the Zanuka and the Kubrows. Melee weapons can be used via claws and merely be stat modifiers similar to Valkyr's claws. Ranged weapons can be mounted on the shoulders. 

Exactly, Gah i just want to see a team of blade wolfs running around xD