Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Stop Corpus Owning The Star Map

I think a big issue here is that although both sides have a mini-boss, the mini-bosses themselves are unbalanced in terms of rewards. The G3, while they are arguably way more difficult to fight than the Harvester (which should also be fixed - bring the Harvester up to G3 level of difficulty [perhaps 3 Harvesters?]) the G3 not only drop more rewards, but pretty much everything they drop is better than what the Harvester drops. 

What I would do is turn the Harvester a pack of 3 Harvesters (and maybe make them Hyena style with different elementals associated with them), make it so each one has a chance to drop a different Detron part, and then add mods like Rage, Quick thinking, Berserker, Whirlwind, etc. so that the G3 and the Harvester (pack) have balanced drop tables.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

I love seeing these 180s.

btw. Corpus are skoom

I second that! #grineerdogsftw

Corpus will still win no matter how hard you try.  

I think a big issue here is that although both sides have a mini-boss, the mini-bosses themselves are unbalanced in terms of rewards. The G3, while they are arguably way more difficult to fight than the Harvester (which should also be fixed - bring the Harvester up to G3 level of difficulty [perhaps 3 Harvesters?]) the G3 not only drop more rewards, but pretty much everything they drop is better than what the Harvester drops. 

What I would do is turn the Harvester a pack of 3 Harvesters (and maybe make them Hyena style with different elementals associated with them), make it so each one has a chance to drop a different Detron part, and then add mods like Rage, Quick thinking, Berserker, Whirlwind, etc. so that the G3 and the Harvester (pack) have balanced drop tables.

That would go a long way, to be sure.  But at the same time, I've fought the G3 dozens of times, and never once got a Brakk part.  Then again, plausibly I'm in the minority, or perhaps not.  Perhaps what's needed is a reason for players not to dislike the Grineer?  Like a Darvo type character?

Edited by Evariskitsune

I bet the infested will come out of nowhere and take over

Well we are the ones building solar rails to infested dominated dark sectors, plausibly opening up easy passage to the rest of the solar system for said infested.

Edited by Evariskitsune

That would go a long way, to be sure.  But at the same time, I've fought the G3 dozens of times, and never once got a Brakk part.  Then again, plausibly I'm in the minority, or perhaps not.  Perhaps what's needed is a reason for players not to dislike the Grineer?  Like a Darvo type character?

Well, while I personally have gotten an even distribution of rare mods and Brakk parts from the G3 (and I've never needed them since I got my Brakk from Gradivus), I can understand where you're coming from. It's all RNG really.  

I think the general player base has zero issues with liking the Grineer, and Gradivus made that very evident (numerous clans, large and small, were choosing sides with Grineer before the event even began). It may not seem like it from the small correspondence of this thread, but there is a HUGE population of Warframe that are major Grineer fans, and I would say it is perhaps larger than that of the Corpus. If incentivized, they would quickly make themselves very apparent.

As far as a Grineer-type NPC like Darvo, while that would be very cool and I think they should, it is most definitely not necessary in order for people to like the Grineer more. As I said before, there is a huge population that already does. Furthermore, while Darvo is a popular character, I would note that because information on him is in short supply, the majority of the Warframe player base probably does not automatically associate him as a part of the Corpus, even though he is; but rather that he is on his own side.  

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Corpus will still win no matter how hard you try.  

I like Captain Vor, if only DE invested more in him (Give us Vor's prize already plox!!), even Darvo or Alad V have more stuff..

Its all because of the brakk, I hate the corpus but want the brakk so bad. They should have came out with harvester and g3 at the same time and also what you were saying better battle pay and we wouldnt be in this mess. Corpus have 10 planets grineer have 4 and there loosing earth

lol apparently this guy hasnt gotten the memo

Meanwhile Corpus invasion on Earth is struggling to take more than half a planet. Come on people, a little more and grineer will go extinct. Let's do this! Isn't Corpus interception way better than Grineer one?

Corpus were taking over on PS4 for a while now (Saturn for example went full Corpus a while before Brakk release was announced), now with help of Brakk farming we might just pull that off.

They should allow invasions on mercury too though.

On a side note fighting robots is NOT fun at all. Having pet/ally robots is nice though. Fighting chunky space marines who split into gooey, messy gurgling chunks of meat is always fun.

Edited by (PS4)Lord_Gremlin

Meanwhile Corpus invasion on Earth is struggling to take more than half a planet. Come on people, a little more and grineer will go extinct. Let's do this! Isn't Corpus interception way better than Grineer one?

Corpus were taking over on PS4 for a while now (Saturn for example went full Corpus a while before Brakk release was announced), now with help of Brakk farming we might just pull that off.

They should allow invasions on mercury too though.

Corpus:

resized_all-the-things-meme-generator-co

eh, i prefer corpus over grineer, take their Proxies away, and they are a lot more harmless (they have only 2 humanoid bosses, and one of them still uses a proxy for help, and the other is one of the easiest bosses in-game currently)

the grineer are just one big effin' army, who uses more Armor than the bloody space marine.

i help both sides, but in the end if both sides offer the same battle pay, i choose corpus over grineer, also, come on, Ruk needs an worthy opponent.

now if you excuse me, i have a Prova that needs to clubber a few grineer

The Tenno can't agree, we're helping the Corrupt Merchants take over the universe, and the most important thing to us is space lamas.

What a wonderful world.

This tenno says corrupt merchants are better a better choice than warmongers, whether they're a military state (grineer) or psychotic mass murderers (most tenno).  

This thread makes me sick.

Its not your call your neutral in this war. Both sides are going to kill you and the Lotus is the only person willing to protect you. If you think the Lotus is only in this for her own gain or evil, so what? We both win. She eliminates threats to her and us, war is stopped, we gain a home, and the system is at peace. War isn't pretty or as black and white as many of you paint it. Tough decisions are made and blame will always exist by the end of the day.

Back to my previous point, indoctrination temples, lying business men, cheaters, and exploiting human body parts? Doesn't that sound a bit dystopian? Their just going to eradicate us for our warframes and take the void for themselves.

Sure, the Grineer are in no better shape. They would kill in a moments notice, are xenophobic, crippled by gene mutations, and conquer everything that opposes them. They are a dictatorship/ military state with a common goal. They will kill us all and destroy the Orokin.

But are Tenno really going to be safer with either one? No. Both are just going to exterminate us because we don't fit their needs. And there's your answer to why we are neutral and why we should preserve it.

Back to my previous point, indoctrination temples, lying business men, cheaters, and exploiting human body parts? Doesn't that sound a bit dystopian? Their just going to eradicate us for our warframes and take the void for themselves.

1.  Schools / jails / mental health institutes... as a few examples of present day indoctrination centers.  

2.  every merchant who ever lived.

3.  Every merchant who ever lived

4.  Last I checked only Alad V does this among the corpus.  Nef only sells the Warframes and has the tenno in cells for analysis and to neutralize their threat without killing them.  In no other system are tenno parts collected by the boss.  Not to mention it's probably a good thing that they are, given the tenno are the only ones who can you know... not go crazy from the infestation infecting them.  The corpus probably want a way to make their populace immune to the technocyte virus.  Plus with tenno being the only ones able to operate warframes, and given the centuries-long war with the Grineer, it makes sense to try to get an edge over your enemy any way you can.

5.  Why would they eradicate us?  And even if they try to, do we deserve to survive when we kill civilians on a regular basis and set nuclear meltdowns of reactors in a good bit of the habitable systems?

6.  Why would they want to live in the void?  

Dystopian?  no more than present 1st world countries like the USA, Canada, and the EU.  

Eradicate us for our warframes?  well they don't seem to be doing that to us yet.  

Edited by Evariskitsune