Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glorious Battle And Victory In The Name Of Your Clan [Dark Sector Megathread]

Oizen

That wasn't my point, I suggest you read my post again

That wasn't my point, I suggest you read my post again

All I see is you implying that Eclipse is doing the right thing because they offer good battle pay. I'm telling you that their battle pay mean S#&$ for the reason I already mention.

All I see is you implying that Eclipse is doing the right thing because they offer good battle pay. I'm telling you that their battle pay mean S#&$ for the reason I already mention.

I'm not saying they're doing right, You should google translate what I said because I don't think you can comprehand it 

Looks like enough people remembered how dark sectors work and ran against Eclipse which actually accomplished what they wanted where whining on the forums didn't, and the sector is still held by the people it was previously held by.

Even if they put up 20k, the most one can do is about 20 run for the obvious reason. The amount is nothing compare that to what you earn on a 3 day tax free sector. For the record, I'm only getting about 12k reward from Eclipse 25% defense node while the tax free node give me more than 23k per run. Is 20k for maybe 20 run if you're lucky worth losing that 23k per run afterward? I think not.

I disagree about only getting 12k out of a 25% tax-ed node.

Edited by Letter13
Removed disrespectful comments

I think I haven't shoot what I thought about this matter.

Dark Sectors are bringing a lot of good (also bad. At least it's not as bad as Game-Jam mess) drama to us players. Each and every of us has different view regarding this matter. Some saw Eclipse as the 'evil dictator', some saw Eclipse as "they do the necessity evil role so that many will see that no-tax rails are hurting the owner more, especially in a dog-eat-dog world"

The difference between "evil dictator" and "neccesity evil" are thin, after all

As from my personal observation at forum, there are two kind of general reaction from people when faced with stuff like this: they will just whine and whine about the things done to them; and there are who got fed up and decided to take the act. Call it a 'revolution' or not, but when people are capable to band and stand up for what they believe is right (despite the whala-bala rewards behind it), it's moving to a more healthier environment. We saw one today.

From what I see, more and more clan are gong to involved in the Dark Sector, and that's a good thing. Competition are moving past 'mercenaries' phase and more to 'principal' phase (........or do we? Remember Gradivus), and this makes Dark Sector way more interesting than when it first came out. What's left right now is to fight for what you believed in.

P.S. : Man, where's Warbros and Broframe right now? Things are just getting interesting, and they haven't put any move at all.

............Or do they?

I disagree about only getting 12k out of a 25% tax-ed node.

The person you are attempting to ridicule is actually right, as far as I can tell. I suggest you check your attitude. You're just crapping up the thread acting like that. Discussion works out much better if you aren't overreacting to small things.

I think I haven't shoot what I thought about this matter.

Dark Sectors are bringing a lot of good (also bad. At least it's not as bad as Game-Jam mess) drama to us players. Each and every of us has different view regarding this matter. Some saw Eclipse as the 'evil dictator', some saw Eclipse as "they do the necessity evil role so that many will see that no-tax rails are hurting the owner more, especially in a dog-eat-dog world"

The difference between "evil dictator" and "neccesity evil" are thin, after all

As from my personal observation at forum, there are two kind of general reaction from people when faced with stuff like this: they will just whine and whine about the things done to them; and there are who got fed up and decided to take the act. Call it a 'revolution' or not, but when people are capable to band and stand up for what they believe is right (despite the whala-bala rewards behind it), it's moving to a more healthier environment. We saw one today.

From what I see, more and more clan are gong to involved in the Dark Sector, and that's a good thing. Competition are moving past 'mercenaries' phase and more to 'principal' phase (........or do we? Remember Gradivus), and this makes Dark Sector way more interesting than when it first came out. What's left right now is to fight for what you believed in.

P.S. : Man, where's Warbros and Broframe right now? Things are just getting interesting, and they haven't put any move at all.

............Or do they?

If Warbros and Broframe comes back, I guess we can see another mega thread coming... I m genuinely annoyed by Warbros trying to monopolise the Dark Sectors... Thats how things are gonna end up.. People just cannot stand it when there are strong alliances who knows how to play the current content better than them and will complain when they do not get things for free.

The person you are attempting to ridicule is actually right, as far as I can tell. I suggest you check your attitude. You're just crapping up the thread acting like that. Discussion works out much better if you aren't overreacting to small things.

Blatant, if you have been reading all of his posts, you will realise that this particular dude is just out to create hate. In every single discussion, this guy must add his hate comments about 25% tax in every single topic. Check all of his post if you do not believe me :). If he cannot count properly, let me do the math for him then. 10k - 25% = 7.5k,+10k (5 waves)+1k( for every team mate he has).

Edited by x1aok1tty

If Warbros and Broframe comes back, I guess we can see another mega thread coming... I m genuinely annoyed by Warbros trying to monopolise the Dark Sectors... Thats how things are gonna end up.. People just cannot stand it when there are strong alliances who knows how to play the current content better than them and will complain when they do not get things for free.

I'm in Warbros myself. I haven't seen any serious talk about wanting to try to run the gauntlet and own every Dark Sector. Of course, if that was the choice they made I would try to back them up. 'Glory is for the Warriors who can reach out and take it' and all that crap.

Blatant, if you have been reading all of his posts, you will realise that this particular dude is just out to create hate. In every single discussion, this guy must add his hate comments about 25% tax in every single topic. Check all of his post if you do not believe me :). If he cannot count properly, let me do the math for him then. 10k - 25% = 7.5k,+10k (5 waves)+1k( for every team mate he has).

Hm. I mean he is right that Dark Sectors under Contest still aren't quite as worthwhile. That is what I took from his post. But you're right. I've not been following his posts very carefully.

Still, regardless of that how you're responding to me right now is probably how you ought to have responded to him. I can understand wanting to cut right through the crap - especially if you suspect the person you're talking to intend to just stir up drama - but that sort of approach really doesn't do anything and it draws you pretty close to having me or another mod have to step in and address it. You don't do anybody any favors, much less yourself, if you get in trouble for trying to 'stick it to him'.

I'm in Warbros myself. I haven't seen any serious talk about wanting to try to run the gauntlet and own every Dark Sector. Of course, if that was the choice they made I would try to back them up. 'Glory is for the Warriors who can reach out and take it' and all that crap.

I like this sentence and i absolutely agree with you in it.

As regards to Neogeo, sure i will take your advice :)

What reasons did Eclipse have to attack Sechura? It certainly will make most casuals suffer a loss. It certainly doesn't help newbies. It certainly isn't for the good of all.

SoV has been doing a good job of keeping Sechura free of tax. What excuse is there to change that?

And that is why I'll defend their rails against anyone, be it Eclipse or The Bestest Coalition of Good Guys.

(I think "the excuse to change that" is obviously ego).

Implying that people care about Jupiter or saturn.  You'll prolly lose Ceres soon enough now that it's become evident that the community can beat you into submission if they feel like it.

The community could always beat Eclipse into submission right from the start, if the community had decided to fight instead of complain.

Five attempts on Jupiter fought off. Successful defenses. Why? Because our stubbornness was stronger than this "community"'s hate. :p

Most of your previous opponents on Sinai didn't even offer battle pay and one was a one-man-clan that did more overall damage than several clans before him.

I think you'll be in for a surprise at the amount of effort and cash you're gonna have to mobilize when Dark Sectors actually become worth doing/owning.

Gabii - Ceres was your first taste of going against a relatively capable alliance. And it wasn't even the weekend, so both sides were not fully mobilized.

To be honest, I've been away for about a week almost. I needed a break from Warframe, so everything I've been talking about has been up until last Friday.

And if we lose Gabii, that just proves my point: We're not THE UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST!!!, or any unstoppable juggernaut. We can be defeated. We're not the evil empire.

May the best alliance win these fights, that's all I'm saying. ;D

This is what the Dark Sectors are for at it's core.... Drama.

Glad to see some have a happy result.

My personal feeling is and will remain that players affiliations should be known on these forums so that we know who is representing who in Dark sector discussions.

Likewise, Dark Sector discussions needs it's own forum space

And the troll strikes again... total bullS#&$ about only getting 12k out of a 25% tax-ed node. Its either you are unable to count properly or you are unable to use a calculator. Please, for christ sakes, go back to your mother's basement and continue living there till you grow up

That's what my reward screen tell me, 12k. I would post a screenshot if I am not at work at the moment. I'm not sure how the 25% is calculated but that's the amount I received. Maybe you should go play on Eclipse 25% node and see how much you're getting. I'm not sure what's your problem. I suggest you go take a chill pill. As far as I can see, you're the biggest troll that is stirring S#&$ right now. Edited by Neogeo

That's what my reward screen tell me, 12k. I would post a screenshot if I am not at work at the moment. I'm not sure how the 25% is calculated but that's the amount I received. Maybe you should go play on Eclipse 25% node and see how much you're getting.

without stating which specific node, both sides can claim they are right. and if you are specificly farming for credits only, its pointless to do anything other than the highest paid nodes which without taxes is 23k. with 25% tax, thats about 17k reward.

I feel like Eclipse didn't attack Pluto because they were greedy, but to make a point : "zero tax is not viable, and people will fight for the highest battlepay".

Well, they were wrong. Pluto is the best money maker right now available to everyone, and as I saw yesterday night, people will fight like hell to keep it that way, even with zero battlepay.

I want only to clear a small point ;) Don't get it wrong, Eclipse knew what they were doing by attacking that nodes. They knew(!) that the chance of winning there easily is not existent. The only thing that was intended, was to see, if the ppl can defend nodes at all (I mean if not there - nowhere). 

Additionally the Ceres node was the one that they would wish to control - not Pluto. Unfortunately nearly no support from the alliance themselves were given because the attack started too late at night on workdays. 

Two rails to proof the defense is a low price.

Edited by AtLasVegas-EGT-

without stating which specific node, both sides can claim they are right. and if you are specificly farming for credits only, its pointless to do anything other than the highest paid nodes which without taxes is 23k. with 25% tax, thats about 17k reward.

I was calculating using the basic percentage subtraction at first but the formula is not so straight forward. My actual in game reward is around 12k. First time 11k, I did it again just to confirm, and I got 12k. It's probably had to do with the number of people in team. But its not my fault nobody play on this high tax node while I could easily get a 4 man team in pluto zero tax node.

I was calculating using the basic percentage subtraction at first but the formula is not so straight forward. My actual in game reward is around 12k. First time 11k, I did it again just to confirm, and I got 12k. It's probably had to do with the number of people in team. But its not my fault nobody play on this high tax node while I could easily get a 4 man team in pluto zero tax node.

you still didn't say which node. different sectors give out different rewards. without stating which specific node you are just perpetuating the "eclipse is evil tax greedy".

Edited by birdei

Responding to the stuff in bold:

It's kind of funny when you attempt to refute his claim with flawed math. Your lack of understanding of the tax application makes you look like a greater fool than the one you're attempting to stare down. I would recommend you go do some taxed DS runs yourself and get an idea of how the math on those works, before you troll here.

DS taxes apply to end-mission rewards, as a whole. They do not apply to the first tier of the listed credit reward. To put this plain and simple, the tax of 25% on Ceres applies to the entire 23,000 (assuming 3 more tenno in the squad), therefore netting you 17,250 (23,000*0.75).

Your flawed calculation would give someone the idea that they're only losing 2,500 (10,000+7,500+1,000+1,000+1,000 - 23,000) when that is not the case. They lose 5,750 on a 25% tax Ceres run. And 2x that amount if they're using a booster (so, 11,500).

I'll repeat, the %tax reward applies to the entirety of the end-mission reward, and not just the first tier as your post appears to state.

I am not aware on how (if at all) credit pickups in-mission are taxed as I have not yet evaluated those in solo runs. Then again, I haven't really done more than 3 missions on an Eclipse node because I'm happy with my 46,000 credits per 5-minute runs on Sechura; 4 minutes if I get matched with a good squad that does not have a Nova spamming MPrime, slowing the mobs down.

It takes me approximately 22 runs to make 1,000,000 credits on Sechura with a 0% tax, and believe me, I'm NEVER going to see that kind of consistent credit farming in the form of battlepay from Eclipse (or for that matter, anyone); however godly or prime-y their battlepay may be. Battlepay, in my personal opinion, is classic scam. Benefits a handful at the cost of the majority.

It's horrible we waited weeks to deploy, nothing, they release the Genius idea of Armistice so after 2 weeks of waiting to deploy now there's an Auto Armistice, Eclipse the dogs took full advantage of this by deploying more rails while claiming FOUL. They should be punished for abuse. The whole Solar rail idea is a total failure and now I am loosing more clan members and lots of sleep over this. Eclipse claims "we need help" because the system is unfair? Eclipse added more rails while they were complaining. What a load of BS... 

The Solar Rail Conflict was the worst idea in a series of bad idea's that just keep on coming. Eclipse and others abused there own complaints by adding more rails and DE now protects them by adding Armistice. If you look they have taken Armistice on every Solar Rail the second a war ends. This is such an outrage I feel like deleting my whole Moon clan. Every week they release an ill conceived idea then they seem to make it worse.

After 2 weeks now they make it 96 hours before you can try to deploy only to see Armistice on every Rail War? Seriously, this issue went from bad to worse and now once again I go from 30 daily players to 5 because of these wonderful ideas. Get out the gun, the right foot has been shot, now they shot the left foot, what's left to shoot besides my whole clan. 48, 72, 96 hours, oh wait now Armistice? Is this some twisted joke?