The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Am I Doing Wrong? U_U

Alazais

Question

Spent more than 20 hours in Cambria Earth on Nekros, searching for Tranquil Cleave, it's gotten to the point where I'm honestly considering using a slashing weapon to slice the butchers in half to try and get double desecrates :/

Where for art thou TC? 

So half /rant and half "am i doing it wrong?" >.<

22 answers to this question

Use transmute.

For lols I spent about 250k on that earlier today, got a bunch of random crap as usual. 4 Rare mods turning into True Steel ftw :D

I mow 'em down with my braton prime, first time I've been glad that it's mainly slash damage.

Actually this is quite a nice idea, time to dust off my braton prime or maybe flux rifle.

Firstly, I must wonder how long you're staying, and secondly, why you're not using slash when you're searching for one very specific rare drop. Also, how long are you staying? Also: The system is designed for years of play. Not getting it RIGHT NOW doesn't mean anything is wrong. It means something designed for years of play can't be done in a single day. Which makes a startling amount of sense.

Also, as others have said, Trade channel exists for a reason. That reason is "I WANT THIS RIGHT NOW!". So, if it's MUST HAVE...

Firstly, I must wonder how long you're staying, and secondly, why you're not using slash when you're searching for one very specific rare drop. Also, how long are you staying? Also: The system is designed for years of play. Not getting it RIGHT NOW doesn't mean anything is wrong. It means something designed for years of play can't be done in a single day. Which makes a startling amount of sense.

Also, as others have said, Trade channel exists for a reason. That reason is "I WANT THIS RIGHT NOW!". So, if it's MUST HAVE...

Yes I'm well aware of the fact if i got everything I wanted right now then i'd have little reason to log into the game, after all the treadmill kinda is the game. Still just nice to hear i'm not wasting my time or actually doing something wrong, Usually stay 15 mins for the key then leave.

I'm honestly considering using a slashing weapon to slice the butchers in half to try and get double desecrates :/

Yes you are not using a slash weapon.

Yes. Everyone knows that in order to get what you want from a video game, the best course of action is to manipulate the game's bugs to increase your chances.

Spent more than 20 hours in Cambria Earth on Nekros, searching for Tranquil Cleave, it's gotten to the point where I'm honestly considering using a slashing weapon to slice the butchers in half to try and get double desecrates :/

Where for art thou TC? 

So half /rant and half "am i doing it wrong?" >.<

rng :(

Spent a good 2 weeks farming Cambria or Keppler everyday. 

Got nothing.

Noticed I had 1.5 million credits, so I was like "whatevs?" and transmuted a ton of rares. Got nothing but commons.

Transmuted a bunch of trash uncommons and got a Tranquil Cleave.

Total Cost: about 30h farming and 1.1 million credits

Spent a good 2 weeks farming Cambria or Keppler everyday. 

Got nothing.

Noticed I had 1.5 million credits, so I was like "whatevs?" and transmuted a ton of rares. Got nothing but commons.

Transmuted a bunch of trash uncommons and got a Tranquil Cleave.

Total Cost: about 30h farming and 1.1 million credits

And was it worth it? Just off-hand I wouldn't think so. 30 hours by itself is enough time to play through a non-rushed run of a complex RPG like Dragon Age or Final Fantasy. Working minimum wage in my state would have paid someone over $200 for that amount of time. 

1.1 million credits (I think, haven't actually done the math) would buy every BP in Clan Research. 

Worth for a stance mod? No way. If it is for you guys then please don't think I'm bagging on you for it. From my perspective though, that was a lot of wasted time and energy to achieve a rather lackluster goal.