The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bones

zooke90909

So I was kinda wondering this earlier while playing Warframe. I know that our Warframes are high-powered almost indestructible suits, but I was still confused a bit. At the heights that we Tenno jump, and land without any effect, I started to wonder if our bones could break. Yes I know about the theory saying that the Tenno aren't Human, but spectral beings, but what if we were? Are the suits acting like the suits in Crysis where even if your body is hurt, the suit will keep you alive, etc. This is just a thought.

Also: Who here HASN'T broken anyone of their bones? (Raises hand)

Edit: I guess I have chipped the bone that circles the eye-socket. Long story. 

Edit #2: Shrek is love, Shrek is Life XD

Edited by zooke90909

Haven't broken, sprained (to my knowledge) or dislocated any of my own bones.

I have broken other people's bones, though. Several times.

I have Dislocated two parts of my body. My pinky, and my right shoulder. Although, I can dislocate and relocate my shoulder at any time that I please :D (doesn't even hurt)

If Dark Sector is any source of lore for Warframe, bones would, over the time of the infection, be systematically disintegrated and replaced with hardened Technocyte metal. This principal works for pretty much everything in the human body when it gets infected and turned into a warframe (or Infested)

As for personally...no...not really. I busted my nose, but not even a hairline.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

Heh, somehow I participated in many fights, fell down the stairs, fell down from the height of 2nd (1st for those, who start with ground) floor, fell down from bikes/skateboards and stuff at extreme speeds and angles and finally not so long ago I"ve crashed my car at 110 kmh... and I haven't broke a single bone so far. In fact, the only thing I have on me is a double knife scar just a bit lower my right knee.

Edited by Dansilent

I doubt Tennos can "break" their bones...

We know that (maybe) long time ago, before the war wth the sentients. what lay today inside the warframes was human, 

Vay Hek propaganda calls Tennos "genetic modified humans" and "Orokins test tubes monstrosities":  the legitimacy of this is debatable, but let's say vay hek made his homework.This could mean artificial humanoid, human hybrids with orokin DNA or everything in between.

Than the Tennos has been sent to the Void: 

"...The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction."

it seems to me that the Tennos kept some kind of body after the Void, twisted in his composition by the unknowable laws of that dimension. Maybe the warframe is even needed more to keep Tennos in, more than to protect (Saryn, Nova... if left unchecked their power could destroy too many things ruthlessy).

In the end, Tennos bend the laws of reality every day of the week, so gravity and physics should not be problem: even so, their body could be so strong (and they are, because not even rockets to the face keep them down) that you need impossible forces to break their bones.

Edited by Zuijin

I doubt Tennos can "break" their bones...

We know that (maybe) long time ago, before the war wth the sentients. what lay today inside the warframes was human, 

Vay Hek propaganda calls Tennos "genetic modified humans" and "Orokins test tubes monstrosities":  the legitimacy of this is debatable, but let's say vay hek made his homework.This could mean artificial humanoid, human hybrids with orokin DNA or everything in between.

Than the Tennos has been sent to the Void: 

"...The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction."

it seems to me that the Tennos kept some kind of body after the Void, twisted in his composition by the unknowable laws of that dimension. Maybe the warframe is even needed more to keep Tennos in, more than to protect (Saryn, Nova... if left unchecked their power could destroy too many things ruthlessy).

In the end, Tennos bend the laws of reality every day of the week, so gravity and physics should not be problem: even so, their body could be so strong (and they are, because not even rockets to the face keep them down) that you need impossible forces to break their bones.

That does seem like a really good reason why the Tenno would never break their bones. But also think of this then: What was used in order to get all the parts for Zanuka?

That does seem like a really good reason why the Tenno would never break their bones. But also think of this then: What was used in order to get all the parts for Zanuka?

Nice question. I believe Zanuka was made with components from Warframes, not actual Tennos. The difference may be subtle (or maybe even not existing), but could confirm the inhumanity of Tennos. Their flesh and bones (our flesh) couldn't be used for the Zanuka (and considering how fond the Corpus is of enslaving with technology their own flesh this is telling) because it was too strong or not pliable enough.

Sadly, Tennos aren't immortal: they can be killed with the firepower of a couple of platoons. The scrapped remains of these battles could have been the first step in creating the Zanuka project... 

Nice question. I believe Zanuka was made with components from Warframes, not actual Tennos. The difference may be subtle (or maybe even not existing), but could confirm the inhumanity of Tennos. Their flesh and bones (our flesh) couldn't be used for the Zanuka (and considering how fond the Corpus is of enslaving with technology their own flesh this is telling) because it was too strong or not pliable enough.

Sadly, Tennos aren't immortal: they can be killed with the firepower of a couple of platoons. The scrapped remains of these battles could have been the first step in creating the Zanuka project... 

I could see that. And that could also answer the question this thread was based upon. With you saying that the Tenno can be killed with the Firepower of a couple Platoons, then it could also be possible that they could also break the bones of the Tenno.

This also brought another question forth: Are the Warframes sealed onto the skin of the Tenno? If so, Alad must of had some crazy things planned for that Mag in the Ps4 Trailer.

Could have used both.

Also, does anybody else wonder why Zanuka stretches in the intro for the Salad Five boss battle?