The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battle Pay Changes Need A Cooldown Timer To Prevent Accidental (Or Intentional) Fraud

Yurilica

My point still stands about the budgeting and the amount of runs.  There is a thing in a faraway land that people do called saving.  Ooohhh ahhhh.  Of course they have way more than enough money to sustain high battle pay but even you can't argue that it's stupid to waste money no matter how rich you are.  Oh and sustaining high battle pay is not even a perfect solution because

This.

thank you for tacitly condoning the abuse of a system, good night. :D

this is still abuse or I would call it a fraud

if you decide to do something and the other party accepts that they will pay you x amount
after you finish your job they will tell you that they cant pay you because they already paid 100 other ppl to do the same thing and they have no money
of course they get the full benefit from your work done (mission was completed) but you get 0
that's when you take them to court

of course there is no judicial system in warframe lol
so the battle pay system has to be changed
to either not allow the solar rails change the battle pay and plan ahead the payments they will distribute or make the alliance vaults go to negative balance if they have more ppl complete missions for them than they expected

right now it benefits only the alliances that put the battle pay out and not the players that actually do the work

its wrong ,its broken ,its abusive ,its fraudulent

Edited by syle

OP is wrong about how battle pay works, but relying on Battle Pay is iffy at best.

If the payer runs out mid mission, you don't get paid. If your account status doesn't save, you don't get paid. It has little to do with fraud and everything to do with a silly system.

Regardless, it's a big contributor to me ignoring battle pay; often I'm only getting paid once every two to four missions because of these issues.

Solution to all this:

Go to http://deathsnacks.com/wf/

Check how many more missions with that battle pay are available.

If there are only 100 missions left with 60k Pay you're too late.

Equip your Dual Zoren to get through a room with 1 or 2 swings.

Run Solo so the Nekros Army can hunt their Nikana Stance in peace.

Get rich.

I personally found some team mates that went fast and made about 3.5 million credits helping this alliance in only 2 conflicts.

NONE of what you just said is accurate. Once the battle pay has been set it must run out in order to be set  again. it cannot be withdrawn haflway through. If a clan/alliance sets a battle pay at 100c for 100 missions, it cannot be changed until 100 missions are run, you, running that 101st missions might not get the batttle pay, because the clan/alliance has not had a chance to get it reset yet. This is not evidence of a scam. 

They  have hashed this out for over 2 weeks now. People  keep spreading this misinformation as though it is fact even though we have the facts right in front of us. Yes DE needs to re-evaluate the system, so that it can be  more streamline, How ever battle pay running out in the middle of a mission for some does not show duplicity on the part of the clan, but merely a matter of timing. 

Misinfo or not, Alliance knew this bug and still benefit from it. The normal player still not getting the credit reward the alliance setup. How's your explaination going to help them recover the reward they never received? Seem like you like many other just trying to justified the lost without giving a damn about the player that didn't get the reward. 

I still don't understand why people post these kind of things. Even if there is a "fraud", you abused the system in the same way to grab Zabala (Eris) and Kelashin (Nepture). I have plenty of screenshots of the other alliance doing the exact same as this alliance where you raise the battlepay to 20k at the very last minute after noticing you wouldn't win it easily with 10k.

Trying to sound smart usually works much better when you don't turn around and acts the exact same way that you supposedly admonish later down the line. Really you only flame what does not suit you and praise what does.

I personally don't care about either side that much but defend your argument better by acting the way you want others to act. Almost every single alliance has benefited from "the fraud". If it still is a fraud, it's pretty much become legal tender at this point. 

I still don't understand why people post these kind of things. Even if there is a "fraud", you abused the system in the same way to grab Zabala (Eris) and Kelashin (Nepture). I have plenty of screenshots of the other alliance doing the exact same as this alliance where you raise the battlepay to 20k at the very last minute after noticing you wouldn't win it easily with 10k.

Trying to sound smart usually works much better when you don't turn around and acts the exact same way that you supposedly admonish later down the line. Really you only flame what does not suit you and praise what does.

I personally don't care about either side that much but defend your argument better by acting the way you want others to act. Almost every single alliance has benefited from "the fraud". If it still is a fraud, it's pretty much become legal tender at this point. 

"You"? Me?

I think you're confused by something. I am in no shape or form affiliated with the other alliance.

I'm in a clan that sees no benefit over fighting for rails right now. We have several rails just sitting there. Hell, we mostly build them just to have a fancy sight to see in the Orokin Lab.

With that said, you're taking this awfully personally. It was the first clan that i actually bothered to take screenshots of and show what kind of an exploitable issue it all is.

As was suggested in other threads with people not understanding or wishing to better the Battle Pay system:

1. Display current Battle Pay amount in mission as you run it. Players can wait to extract if it shows 0 Battle Pay if need be.

2. Allow some sort of Battle Pay queuing, so players can get paid through in-game mail when Battle Pay runs out and the next set of Battle Pay tickets are keyed in, or, in the Rail Management menu it'll go to the next set of Battle Pay tickets in the queue rather than zero Battle Pay, and Alliances or Clans can manage ticket batches that way (or some combination of the two).

Misinfo or not, Alliance knew this bug and still benefit from it. The normal player still not getting the credit reward the alliance setup. How's your explaination going to help them recover the reward they never received? Seem like you like many other just trying to justified the lost without giving a damn about the player that didn't get the reward. 

It doesn't help them.  It just helps explain it.  Now if anyone wants to give a damn then tell DE to change the system because there is nothing that the alliances can do to fix it.

they are one of the few alliances in warframe who can offer consistent high battlepay for the entirety of the battle, can't we just stop with the falsehoods and mudslinging? they appears to understand that offering good consistant battlepay is going to attract players to run the rails, yet the inaccurate statements continue to pour in.

http://deathsnacks.com/wf/bl_history.html#5348d27a06c56f1d3f7b23f7_1398843721|ongoing

Look at the battlepay graph. It shows them with consistant high pay.

Warframe used to be a much more cooperative environment, now everyones getting mad at each other all the time. :(

Battle pay changes should have at least a 20 minute timer. That way it gives people who started mission plenty of time not to get scammed out of pay for their work, while still allowing enough flexibility for attackers and defenders to change battle pay during conflicts.

I believe battle pay should be input before the conflict begins and unchangable for the duration of the conflict.  It would be allocated during the Deploy phase giving each side 24 hours to decide upon their offering.

they are is one of the few alliances in warframe who can offer consistent high battlepay for the entirety of the battle, can't we just stop with the falsehoods and mudslinging? they appears to understand that offering good consistant battlepay is going to attract players to run the rails, yet the inaccurate statements continue to pour in.

http://deathsnacks.com/wf/bl_history.html#5348d27a06c56f1d3f7b23f7_1398843721|ongoing

Look at the battlepay graph. It shows them with consistant high pay.

Warframe used to be a much more cooperative environment, now everyones getting mad at each other all the time. :(

It's not "mudslinging". The issue is that they, and others CANNOT AFFORD (apparently!) the Battlepay they list, much of the time. When they talk about "Epic Battle Pay", and make it 15000 or whatever (not all the epic given that, without their 25% tax rate, many normal Dark Sector missions pay more than that!), and then one does the mission and gets zero, one can reasonably be concerned. Not exactly epic!

The system is not just flawed, it's terrible. When a mission is accepted, the relevant pay should go into escrow (as it were), being deducted from the total available, and be returned if the mission is failed. No-one should finish a mission and find the reward is fictional. Some clans/alliances are abusing that. Not so much them, but they are still creating situations where it happens.

As was suggested in other threads with people not understanding or wishing to better the Battle Pay system:

1. Display current Battle Pay amount in mission as you run it. Players can wait to extract if it shows 0 Battle Pay if need be.

2. Allow some sort of Battle Pay queuing, so players can get paid through in-game mail when Battle Pay runs out and the next set of Battle Pay tickets are keyed in, or, in the Rail Management menu it'll go to the next set of Battle Pay tickets in the queue rather than zero Battle Pay, and Alliances or Clans can manage ticket batches that way (or some combination of the two).

This is really overcomplicated.

Just deduct the Battlepay into an virtual "escrow account" as it were as soon as the mission is accepted, and pay it to the players when it's completed, or back to the clan/alliance if it is not. There's no need for mail or displaying the current amount or whatever. That's like tying yourself to a carseat with rope when you could just do up the seatbelt...

I find it funny how people go butt-hurt by not getting some credits, the system is flawed and the players alone can't fix it. Credits shouldn't even be much of an issue, if you're not happy go run a T3 or something, still plenty of credits.

Edited by Xs-138

I'm moving this over to feedback.

There definitely does need to be some sort of anti-fraud system put in. Maybe if the alliance spends a certain sum of money it unlocks a certain level of battlepay reward for all who run the mission... i.e. if the alliance pays 10 million credits it unlocks 1,000 credit battlepay, 50 million = 5,000 credit battlepay, etc. And battlepays wouldn't directly subtract from the vault... so if no one runs the conflict mission for them then they lose the "down payment" they made on battlepay rewards, but if a lot of people run it then people make a huge profit.

This is an interesting little thread. Honestly, the battle pay should be paid no matter what if you A: Successfuly completed the mission and B: Clicked on the mission start while the battle pay reward offer was there.

That's the only way it won't be abused. I mean, honestly? It's very easy to see how it would be exploitable to bait people into doing missions "Just in case" they're fast enough to get it, and when they don't they'll be "Oh well wasn't fast enough." It looks like it's the system's problem, so nobody holds the clans to ill-intent, even if obviously it's what anyone with two braincells would do (as a clan). I mean, honestly? Seems like a banging idea to me. If I ran a rail or something I'd totally bait bait bait bait and get many free-runs. I mean, I would be paying people, but if you didn't get paid oops too bad you weren't fast enough better luck next time (thx for your free run :D)

I think it's absolutely histerical how there's people posting here that don't grasp that... but then again, internet and all.

Edited by SSCrisis

This is an interesting little thread. Honestly, the battle pay should be paid no matter what if you A: Successfuly completed the mission and B: Clicked on the mission start while the battle pay reward offer was there.

That's the only way it won't be abused. I mean, honestly? It's very easy to see how it would be exploitable to bait people into doing missions "Just in case" they're fast enough to get it, and when they don't they'll be "Oh well wasn't fast enough." It looks like it's the system's problem, so nobody holds the clans to ill-intent, even if obviously it's what anyone with two braincells would do (as a clan). I mean, honestly? Seems like a banging idea to me. If I ran a rail or something I'd totally bait bait bait bait and get many free-runs. I mean, I would be paying people, but if you didn't get paid oops too bad you weren't fast enough better luck next time (thx for your free run :D)

I think it's absolutely histerical how there's people posting here that don't grasp that... but then again, internet and all.

So true, the scam of players must stop. it´s annoying. DE, please fix it.