Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.7 Hot-Fixes

[DE]darryl1

Hi gents... sorry for the grief we've been working on a hotfix (one you may actually like) and it should be rolling out soon. Will post some details about what we are thinking and fan the flames of our incompetence.

Everytime something goes wrong, Steve comes forth and says sorry. No blame on anyone, no slap to the raging community, but just an apology and the promise to fix it. Can someone, anyone, tell me how people pull up sentences like "kneejerk reaction", "lack of leadership and direction" and such and point it at these guys? DE is such a Canadian company, they'll go as far as to apologize for people raging way out of proportion.

Could we please be a little more appreciative before BS like "a history of sneak nerfs" and such is propagated? :(

So i've noticed against specific things like ancients with nearby chargers but otherwise i'm having trouble spreading it without killing the host too fast.

Edit: this is while swapping to the viper to ensure it goes off easily(maybe i'm just bad at aiming) and while it is surprisingly powerful when leveled and spread out it should be somewhat more reliable against more squishy hosts.

Contagion is incredibly hard to tell if you have active or not since the effect is hidden by elemental mods. Personally feel there should be some visual effect on the frame itself since the ability also protects the frame from damage.

Personally I think that some sort of poisonous smoke like the Toxic Ancient has would be a great indicator that it's active.

Edit: Missed a few letters there.

Edited by GottFaust

Unfortunately, I do have to agree with Ced. The outcry over this update was ridiculous. The difficulty "spike" in itself was clearly either unintended or would have been quickly worked on. I haven't really found it that much of a difficulty increase in and of itself, to be honest. If you play smart and divide their teamwork, you can make short work of pretty much any faction.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Everytime something goes wrong, Steve comes forth and says sorry. No blame on anyone, no slap to the raging community, but just an apology and the promise to fix it. Can someone, anyone, tell me how people pull up sentences like "kneejerk reaction", "lack of leadership and direction" and such and point it at these guys? DE is such a Canadian company, they'll go as far as to apologize for people raging way out of proportion.

Could we please be a little more appreciative before BS like "a history of sneak nerfs" and such is propagated? :(

I agree with the rest of your post, but, to be fair, there has been in the past few weeks changes which we weren't told about. I don't know how many of these were intended, but you can't say it doesn't happen [e.g. the long delay of them getting the weapon balance notes up].

sorry to bother ya but seems like DE only read dis post so i ll post is here

i want to ask bwt hp/dmg scaling

right now with mob lvl only hp seems to go up thus making its like harder for new players than for more experienced ones realy strange that lvl 1 greener can shoot u same as lvl 55 one with maibe 1-3 dmg difference

also still dont see how armor even works

and also difficulty scaling in party is still reversed mobs get less powerfull when more men are in party

seems not right to me

I agree with you. Some of the changes are a little annoying. Like my whole team been 1-shoot by Jackal. I was like OMG O_O. But we know they will adjust this things. There is no reason to be crazy mad for the changes. We need just a little bit more of balance. And DE is the best developer that I see in a free game. The make pach and fixes like every 2 days and the support service. I almost cried when they send me a actual non-computer-generated answer. So please give them some trust.

Well... Warframe currently as a history of "lack of documentation" or at least documention us Beta testers can access. Which is bad. It gets hard to test when you don't know if something is a bug or an intentional cluster grope. The current state of development across the gaming industry (especially under big publishers) is assume "intentional cluster grope" which will never be adjusted without getting someone over at the Wall Street Journal to write a piece about. So... I'll put the blame back on big publishers for giving fans the silent treament.

Altough this would be kinda the second time within a month that DE has rolled out changes and not really been around to deal with them. Update 7 inital had them all mostly off at PAX East... and not able to address test feedback. 7.7, they were (rightly) asleep when most of it dropped. I'm not sure how that could change in the future. Being EST timezone this means if they roll out a Patch in the afternoon most Europe base players will be in the early to late evening. Once hits that time in the Americas DE is now how and sleeping, so they can't really respond.

Perhaps a Survey system of intended changes (thumbs up/down, cause people cant handle 1 to 5) being active during the 'night' hours. This way people know their feedback is being compiled for review come the next day. This would also force DE not to skip notes about whats going into the Hot Fix. If you put in something it goes on the Survey, and thus gets listed. It encourages the documenting process. Tie it to the Forum/Login system and you can even do a little post-weighting by Founder Status if need be.

Edited by Brasten

Unfortunately, I do have to agree with Ced. The outcry over this update was ridiculous. The difficulty "spike" in itself was clearly either unintended or would have been quickly worked on. I haven't really found it that much of a difficulty increase in and of itself, to be honest. If you play smart and divide their teamwork, you can make short work of pretty much any faction.

i was glad it was more difficult it needed to be done with the boost in health and shield you have to lvl the playing field and i dont think people read the wiki enough cause if they did they would know how to kill each faction efficiently with the proper modes. realy i know my oppion dont really mean much but i think you guys are doing a great job and keep it up. looking forward to the future of this game Edited by freznosmooth

Thanks for you note: we're human, get sleepy, sometimes we have to tune out the rage for a day because it affects creativity, productivity and long-view thinking. Increasingly I'm deaf to trolls, doomsayers and cynics but I am always happy to read 'w u no fix rhino' and chase it down. :)

We've got a new hotfix in test right now and it should be soon (I'll start a new thread with 7.9.9.9.9.9.9.9).

Howdy Steve

Thanks to you all and especially you and DE_Rebecca for chiming in on all the fuss.

But can you investigate this too? Enlarge the images to see better.

https://forums.warfr...fx/#entry197540

Edited by RawGritz

Also I don't know if this is a recent issue with 7.7 or what, but Streamline doesn't lower costs of powers correctly. At 30% it should make 50 power mods take 35 energy, right now they take 39 (and they took 40 at 25 when it should have been 37.5/38).

About Saryn's first, the idea behind it is awesome, this is the first game I see that does it that way (and it somehow resembles Banshee's critspots). The problem is in the execution, my supercharged Braton kills everything in a matter of seconds (or decimals...), if at least the spores could be detonated by splash damage it would be much better. And it would make a nice combo with Miasma.

Now, the problem with the difficulty increase is that Redirection and Vitality are mandatory on higher levels again. And I won't talk about the mod drop rate nerf, I have a heart condition. If at least we had some kind of transparency, but the Design Council is actually just a glorified title.

Izonami : it's always been that way.

Edited by Saskia

Saryn's first is pretty badass if you take advantage of the spreading - can look in to it.

is the damage issue just when others host then?

I know I'm not the only one who's posted that the damage from the toxin is only like 1-4 damage.

In any large group where the spreading would be useful, the odds of being able to even hit the spore before the target is already dead is fairly unlikely.

It honestly needs to either detonate on it's own or when the target dies, and the result should be a quickly expanding gas cloud, similar to fire blast in terms of speed of expansion / aoe size, just the animation lasting only a few seconds and then showing the affected enemies with the usual off-green color.

The only time where casting Venom is faster than just headshotting the mob is against a boss, but then there's no point because there's nothing around it anyway.

And, much like Ember, power strength, range, and duration seem to have no effect on her powers.

Edited by ShadowsCrush

Enemis are too strong Exta mission to get Frost that u need to kill

LIEUTENANT LECH KRIL

Has become almost impossible or u die to the way of the boss and if u have luck to kill him u die in ur way out ,enemis have too much damage right now

they need to get debuff

LIEUTENANT LECH KRIL

Has become almost impossible or u die to the way of the boss and if u have luck to kill him u die in ur way out ,enemis have too much damage right now

they need to get debuff

While I'll agree she's got some insane attack power. She's still easily doable.You just have to have one person melee tanking her, in a way that she never actually fires her gun, just tries to swing her hammer at you. While everyone else just unloads on her. Bolto, and Boltors being super solind choices for this fight. Assuming everyone's gear right it takes about 5-15 minutes to bring her down. Then you just book it out of there, because you've probably used most of your ammo at this point.

Not to say she's more fun this way, but certainly not impossible.

Enemy health, armor, and damage numbers are not something that a dev can flip a switch on and balance. Every update, with it's nerfs and buffs, are about trying to find those sweet spots. It makes sense to aim high and low and then scale the changes up and down to find the best middle ground. There are so many variables to take into consideration when trying to fine balance a game. In open beta, people decry these changes when they come, and it's such a short sighted thing to do, when they damn well know that this game is still in active development.

Hi gents... sorry for the grief we've been working on a hotfix (one you may actually like) and it should be rolling out soon. Will post some details about what we are thinking and fan the flames of our incompetence.

While this is pretty vague, am I to understand that the undocumented changes in 7.7 are largley unintended and will be fixed soon?

LIEUTENANT LECH KRIL

they need to get debuff

Tested it today.. nothing changed much if you don't facetank, use cover, don't equip bullS#&$ mods and beforeall... don't go with Paris or some other useless gun. HEK, Akbolto.. hell even Gorgon and Kraken will do. It's not impossible.. just a little bit harder and if you get killed all the time you probably have bad equipment, wrong equipment or just no friends to help you ^^