Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.7 Hot-Fixes

[DE]darryl1

Did they buff the droprates for mods? I'm having redirection dropping left and right. Got two from Xini wave rewards, another one dropped in Pluto. That's almost more redirections than I had gotten before the patch in total.

Edit: Seems I got too excited, two of them were for the Sentinel. Still three Redirections is quite many in one day.

I've found the opposite. Mods in geneeral seem to drop in fewer numbers with the more rare mods not dropping at all. I've had games prior to this patch where I would get multiple Redirections and then none for several days. I guess it's another ymmv situation since RNG details are hard to pin down.

If they made one change, I'd be saitisfied if they rolled back the Uncommon and Rare mod droprates while keeping Redirections and VItality a much easier to acquire mod. Especially for new players, it will keep everyone stocked with the mods they need and also increase the challenge level appropriately for expected gear levels per system. Right now, there aren't enough uncommon and rare drops for certain very necessary mods to properly compensate the increase in difficulty. The difficulty curve needs to be smoothed out as well.

Edited by Tegajinn

I understand your viewpoint extremely well. You first assert "The game wasn't fun for high-level players." I agreed with that. The problem is this is not an excuse to shaft everyone else. And yes, posting a image macro implying the other guy is a crying baby is directly insulting no matter what you think. I don't care that you don't share my opinion. I don't just report people for being disagreeable. I report them for being A******s.

You then assert "Pluto should be hard". And I agree with that. Except apparently my definition of hard is different from yours, and I think 'hard' means 'hard but doable for the average player with 20-30 hours under his belt' while you think hard means 'guys with absolute max rank everything'. The game doesn't have anywhere near enough content for that to work.

Well if they want a reset more power to them. That's irrelevant.

And yeah, keep posting. "Mouth breathing idiots" "stupid and lazy" "shallow dull fools" "simplistic games" "brain turned off" just gives me even more ammunition to my point. You don't want a game. You want a chance to laugh at ~casuals~. Every one of your posts oozes contempt at people who just, for some reason, don't want to invest so much time in something for their fun. Maybe because they're "mouth breathing idiots". Or maybe because they have pretty hard jobs in real life? Maybe because they have other things to do than to practice extra hard at one game?

And I didn't know it required so much intelligence to hide behind a crate and shoot things. This is extra funny because I know at least two of my friends currently angry about the difficulty boost also play Dark Souls. This is ultra extra funny because I play a ton of games which reward thinking through your attack plans before you execute them and intelligent tactics. Guess we're all "stupid and lazy" and "shallow dull fools". Meanwhile none of us said the game should be super easy. We said "the game is approximately difficult to the point where it's challenging but doably fun solo".

I could make an entire thread about why this game is the way it is and why the difficulty change is problematic for people who actually, you know, use tactics instead of being twitch gamers. But that's an entirely different topic and you probably won't like what I say.

Dark Souls isn't as hardcore as Dark Souls players want to believe, sorry.

As far as the buff goes, I don't really care one way or another, but I think saying you should be doing pluto in 20-30 hours is a little much. You want long term customers in a game, not someone that picks it up, plays it for the duration of a poor single player game, and then goes on their way. They need an end game that takes time to reach, 20-30 hours played isn't that long. Casuals should be able to do Pluto, but not many should be doing it in one day played. I only have two days played and can do Pluto, and that's kinda... wrong.

If you imply that it was meant for you... sure... you imply alot and it's not about what I think.

All i did was leaving a picture of a cute crying baby to sum up everything i would've written instead. Saves time.

That's all ;)

As an excuse this is almost, but not quite as compelling as "I didn't shoot him. He just fell onto my bullets. At nine hundred meters per second."

Dark Souls isn't as hardcore as Dark Souls players want to believe, sorry.

As far as the buff goes, I don't really care one way or another, but I think saying you should be doing pluto in 20-30 hours is a little much. You want long term customers in a game, not someone that picks it up, plays it for the duration of a poor single player game, and then goes on their way. They need an end game that takes time to reach, 20-30 hours played isn't that long. Casuals should be able to do Pluto, but not many should be doing it in one day played. I only have two days played and can do Pluto, and that's kinda... wrong.

Okay, so space the game out. Have more content and variety (they're doing this already soooo). But here I am, with like 150 hours of gameplay, and I'm basically dead in the water on Pluto. Maybe 20-30 hours is a little much but 50? 60? What's the limit here? Should I have to tediously grind the most efficient place to farm fusion cores and credits for 100 more hours to play on Pluto?

Why is it I always see the same people arguing in every thread they just about post in? Not every thread, but just about every thread (clarifying so that my words dont get misconstrued into what they arent).

Some chilling out needs to happen, some opinions need to be less thought of as fact, and most of all, you guys need to let DE do what they see fit. Its not like we dont have years of games gone wrong or right to show what should and shouldnt be done, you people just need to have a little more faith in DE than you appear to.

Edited by Zeally

So veterans are fine with the game now, while new player will have an even harder time trying to get the gear/mods to go higher level planets?

With rare drops nerfed, difficulty increase AND weapons nerf, I pity new players, really.

The progression curve will take a big hit with this patch, if it remains of course.

Im ok with the new difficult but the lower drops is a totally BS !

God, the whining in this thread... Whatever happened to being constructive?

Currently, I'm fine with the difficulty. Higher levels (i.e., Pluto, Eris, etc) and bosses -should- be um....HARD. I'm sorry, but that's just how most games go. Endgame/Higher level areas/enemies are supposed to kick your &#! if you're not ready for them. Now? They're certainly doing this. This is a good thing.... Difficulty is a -good- thing. Elitism has nothing to do with it.

Mercury, Uranus, Jupiter - these are still relatively easy, and scale a bit better than they used to. Most of the higher level bosses now actually prove to be a damn challenge to most people - this is good! Higher level content = harder! It's not...that hard...to understand.

Edit: Also, Dark Souls is overrated in its difficulty. It's not hard - it's just cheap. The "difficult" parts of the game are simply all about muscle memory. Basically, most of DS came down to this: Go down a hallway, get killed by some sort of trap. You now know this trap is here. Go back to that hallway, dodge the trap. Continue down the hallway, get killed by another trap. You now know this trap is here. Go back to that hallway, and so on. And yes, I played DS. Got bored to tears, sadly.

Not answering any subsequent posts due to exhaustion. *heads to bed*

Im ok with the new difficult but the lower drops is a totally BS !

I'm hoping this is actually a glitch. Maybe they tweaked the droprates, but added a decimal in the wrong place. We'll find out tomorrow, according to DE_Rebecca.

What happened was that there were a lot of unexpected gut punches, a bit of anger at the unexpected gut punches by people who thought the difficulty was fine, and then the inevitable backlash. And the fact that apparently some people here are actually elitists doesn't help.

Currently, I'm fine with the difficulty. Higher levels (i.e., Pluto, Eris, etc) and bosses -should- be um....HARD. I'm sorry, but that's just how most games go. Endgame/Higher level areas/enemies are supposed to kick your &#! if you're not ready for them. Now? They're certainly doing this. This is a good thing.... Difficulty is a -good- thing. Elitism has nothing to do with it.

Okay, there's this statement by a guy who enjoys making ridiculously hard games.

http://www.destructoid.com/bayonetta-dev-high-degree-of-difficulty-not-always-good-148262.phtml

What he says that's important:

"I think a game which just has high a degree of difficulty is not always good. The most important thing is to be able to cater to gamers of all abilities so you’re not making the game inaccessible to people who’d want to play it. We prepared an 'Easy Automatic' mode for users who are interested in playing Bayonetta but aren’t very good at action games, or maybe haven’t even played one before. There’s several different difficulty modes so whatever your skill at action games is, you’re sure to find a mode that suits you."

This is critical. If I want to play Warframe but am bad at third person shooters, I should get to play Warframe. I shouldn't get to only play half of Warframe. Is it possible to satisfy people like that and also people who need a sadistic challenge?

Well yes. Bayonetta managed to do it. It's called 'difficulty modes'. Notice what he says. "Cater to gamers of all abilities." That means, yes, giving guys like you and Namacyst a challenge suited for your skills. That also means giving guys like Sam Scrub, Failure At Videogames, a challenge suited for their skills.

Mercury, Uranus, Jupiter - these are still relatively easy, and scale a bit better than they used to. Most of the higher level bosses now actually prove to be a damn challenge to most people - this is good! Higher level content = harder! It's not...that hard...to understand.

And higher level content was harder in the previous hotfix. It just wasn't designed to be frustratingly hard to anyone who didn't play 4-player co-op and have a ton of mods and/or wasn't uber-super-good.

Edit: Also, Dark Souls is overrated in its difficulty. It's not hard - it's just cheap. The "difficult" parts of the game are simply all about muscle memory. Basically, most of DS came down to this: Go down a hallway, get killed by some sort of trap. You now know this trap is here. Go back to that hallway, dodge the trap. Continue down the hallway, get killed by another trap. You now know this trap is here. Go back to that hallway, and so on. And yes, I played DS. Got bored to tears, sadly.

I agree. Bosses should be hard. High-end bosses should be very hard. That being said, there's a good kind of difficulty and a bad kind of difficulty.

Good difficulty example: Dark Souls. Bosses will absolutely wipe the floor with you if you aren't ready and don't know how to fight them, but they don't take 30 minutes to kill for most skilled players.

Bad difficulty example: Patch 7.7 4-player Hyena (He's fine solo). A 4-man team with maxed out, super charged, warframes using maxed out, super charged, weapons ran completely out of ammo and was forced to melee the boss for the last half of his health. Total kill time - 20 minutes.

In our defense: none of us use the oft-mentioned Rhino, Hek, Akbolto, Scindo combo so maybe we just aren't doing it right, but should you really be forced to use that exact setup to be able to beat bosses without running out of ammo and/or taking entirely too long? A quick note: our average kill-time before 7.7 was about 2 minutes with this same setup.

A boss that I think is in a good place right now is Kela De Tyame. Will she massacre a team that's not ready? Yes. Does she take 20+ minutes to kill and completely run your entire team out of ammo if you aren't using Rhino, Hek, Akbolto? No.

Why doesn't DE add a cover system already? It's obviously the way they want people to anyway.

I'm hoping this is a mistake brought on by a lot of loud people on the forums causing DE to overestimate the number of people who wanted Gears of Warframe, not a conscious design decision.

OK, just installed and tryed U 7.7 fix and it broke a lot of things:

HEK shotgun has no sound, ROF of automatic weapons is very low, shield of 750 goes down in a sec. etc.

GEAR inventory doesn't work

Edited by Strac_CRO

Hmmm...

All these threads:

https://forums.warfr...ornings-update/

https://forums.warfr...s-intented-but/

https://forums.warfr...es-is-not-cool/

https://forums.warfr...full-auto-guns/

https://forums.warfr...ies-got-buffed/

https://forums.warfr...eally-happened/

Plus discussion here suggests there are indeed missing details. For this I apologize - it was not intentional!

The office is currently closed and Devs are likely sleeping,, I will get back to everyone tomorrow with some official notes on changes that didn't make the list.

Sorry again, everyone.

Still no word from the devs or an update to the patch notes.... Sad.

Unfortunately my post got buried, but we aren't ignoring this and we are getting things organized.

Hard doesn't mean fun. Enemies are still bullet sponges, but now the hit harder and you have less health. And bosses are just a variation of regular sponges. And is't super entertaining to be one-shot from a hitscan weapon.

Personally I'm waiting for an OOPS the difficulty increase was supposed to be for when we put in a hard mode option.

What about the myriad of other stealth nerfs? There is far too much changed that makes me think this mess was intentional

Edited by Tegajinn