Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To Our Poor Jaw Sword?

Omni_Omega

Update 13 brought many new and exciting weapon changes along with it, but one of which I am not very fond of. The Jaw Sword, the rare alert sword that originally was very unique for being the only longsword to specialize in puncture, is now a generic slash sword. Yes it looks cool, but having a puncture sword was such a neat idea. Now it is immediately outdone by the Dakra Prime and gives it little to no value.

I personally believe that the Jaw Sword should be changed back to the way it was as our unique little puncture sword. Anyone else agree or have other thoughts? 

Yeah, first I thought "Oh well, just a mastery feeder..." then it really grew on me. It was actually pretty decent against Grineer, to the point where I considered slapping a Potato on it. After meele 2.0? "Meh, apparently it is just a mastery feeder now. Good thing I saved my Potato for later."

Jaw sword stands as a middle-ground item between skana and dakra prime, not every weapon in Warframe is supposed to really have a "use" for late game, unfortunately.

A new player who acquired one would be quite glad with it's much-higher-than-skana damage however.

Edited by Zinthir

Yeah wondered why they changed the Jaw Sword to be a Slash weapon now. There are too many swords that specialize in Slash, from the Skana to the Cronus to the Pangolin Sword to the Ether Sword. The Jaw Sword having Puncture damage made it unique as a longsword, and gave an alternative for those who like melee weapons with Puncture damage but don't like using daggers.

Though I rarely use the Jaw Sword, I would like it to revert back to the only puncture longsword, at the very least it will not dilute the pool of weak slash longswords any more. It would be cool to have more variety in weapons, especially melee.

(like spears, that you poke and kind-of slash, unlike the Orthos)

I agree, I wish It's stats were changed to be a primarily puncture sword again. We have a ton of slash and quite a few impact melee but very little puncture. I was a puncture sword again because I don't like daggers.

Now it's a slash weapon with a SLIGHT puncture lean. I can get there not being any Impact swords (though Plasma Sword was before Melee 2.0), because it wouldn't really make sense, but a sharp sword can stab just as well as it can cut, and the Jaw Sword's shape seemed perfect for stabbing. We have an electric sword (Plasma Sword 2.0), a sword that spews fire, a sword with toxin on top of the physical damage, and a radioactive sword. Which can't we have one that's simply good at stabbing through armor?

#MyJawSwordWillPierceTheHeavens

Edited by nintega

just a quick side question people as you all have the jaw sword. Is it still available? I have been scanning alerts for months and have not seen a whisper of it pop up. which brought me to my question, maybe its been removed or have I been quite unlucky? its one of two melee weapons im missing and would really like to try it.

anyway

cheers Tenno

I hate the damn idea the Jaw sword is slash dmg now. Its like any other S#&$.

Sundering strike and Rending strike are being used only on Fang/Prime. (rending has a 60% slash dmg,making it not that useless. But yes,i want a puncture dmg on jaw sword back!!!

This was one of the very first things I noticed after Melee 2.0 came out, and I was not happy. It still has higher puncture compared to other slash focused swords, but that is not quite the same thing.

The Jaw Sword had been my main anti-Grineer melee weapon, thanks to the nice puncture and radiation damage combo I had on it. But now, it is just another longsword, like the Skana, Cronus, Dakra Prime, Pangolin Sword, Ether Sword, and Heat Sword. Do we really need that many of the same weapon type?

At least the Plasma Sword, Mire, and Dark Sword all deal something other than slash damage. And the Dark Sword is possibly even more effective against Grineer than the old Jaw Sword was. But still, would it hurt to have just one puncture damage focused longsword?

The only reason I can think of as to why this was done is because some of the attacks on the longsword stances deal more puncture damage than slash. But that is still not as effective against armor as simply having puncture focus on all attacks.