Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So It Just Dawned On Me... As A Newer Player, I Can Never Reach Max Level.

Hexerin

this is a very big deal for someone like me who is a completionist. knowing that i can never actually complete the game is a serious turn off. are there any plans for a way for newer players to gain levels that the removed equipment would have provided?

edit - DeathKoala has appeased my worries here. thanks~

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/225822-so-it-just-dawned-on-me-as-a-newer-player-i-can-never-reach-max-level/#entry2615172

Edited by Hexerin

You will never be able to "complete" the game, in this fashion. Newer equipment is always released, the rank cap will go up as we get new weapons. I'm a completionist as well, but fretting over something such as this is a bit too much, at least for me.

Plus, rank doesn't really mean anything after a certain point.

this is a very big deal for someone like me who is a completionist. knowing that i can never actually complete the game is a serious turn off. are there any plans for a way for newer players to gain levels that the removed equipment would have provided?

my guess, is that eventually they will have enough warframes/weapons so that you wont need the removed items to level to the highest amount.

thats the hope for all ps4 players who have stuck through the game so far.

Then surely that passively raises the maximum level, negating the point of adding the extra Mastery except for prolonging the grind?

you could add a set of "filler gear" that has stats of basic gear (like the mk1 braton for example) and which the gaining of affinity with only counts towards the same affinity that the piece of removed equipment would give. so for visual example since i'm terrible at explaining:

Epic Gun of Retirement (EGR) has been removed from the game.

Mk1 Braton EGR has been added to the game. it has mk1 braton stats.

gaining affinity levels with the Mk1BEGR counts as if you were gaining affinity levels with the removed EGR.

gaining affinity levels with the Mk1BEGR does NOT provide any benefit for those who also gain affinity levels with the EGR.

The plan is to eventually release enough weapons and warframes that anyone can reach MR 30 without having any exclusives, so worry not.

that's very relieving to hear, thanks.

removed Equipment may or may not be reintroduced in the future.

Event Items are largely not Exclusive (only two that i can recall), and may appear in Events in the future.

that leaves only the Founders items that you will not be able to obtain. only 3 items. (and the Prime Access scarves if you care about those).

So far DE always set the Max requirement of Mastery 1-2 levels below the Max achieveable so if you can reach MR 16 (as of right now) the Max required MR for anything will be MR 14 or 15.

From 15 to 16 it requires about 20-25 Weapons alone to reach so it gets slower and harder anyways at high MR so you are basically whining about not having a 16 but only a 15 on your Avatar which means nothing.

There will always be new weapons in the game. Expect to see at least one new piece of content to level every two weeks. Event weapons may or may not come back but thusfar it's only what, five missed event weapons? Plus the few market weapons that have been discontinued, which is a bit of a downer, but they weren't too great anyway, plus Founders exclusive items. Let's recap here-

Excalibur Prime

Lato Prime

^

Skana Prime    <          Founders exclusive items that DE promised them would remain exclusive to them alone. 

Braton Vandal      

^

Lato Vandal         <       These two are exclusive to the Closed Beta testers

Snipetron Vandal

Strun Wraith

Gorgon Wraith 

Twin Wraith Vipers

^

Machete Wraith                  <  These are all the event exclusives that may or may not be re-released at another date in time.

Snipetron

Gorgon

Boar

Machete 

^

Some type of Dagger(s) that I can't remember?        <         These weapons have been retired, either do to not fitting a certain theme or...well DE hasn't really given us a reason beyond that. Not the most fun to level anyway though so you won't be missing out on much here. 

These might seem like a sizable amount of content, but just keep in mind that some of these retired weapons may be getting re-implemented as a re-designed version and the event weapons may come back. As it is right now the only mastery hurtle you should worry about getting to is rank 10, which can be achieved by ranking up all the current Warframes with some weapons you like thrown in between them. 

Edited by Hastur609

There will always be new weapons in the game. Expect to see at least one new piece of content to level every two weeks. Event weapons may or may not come back but thusfar it's only what, five missed event weapons? Plus the few market weapons that have been discontinued, which is a bit of a downer, but they weren't too great anyway, plus Founders exclusive items. Let's recap here-

Excalibur Prime

Lato Prime

^

Skana Prime    <          Founders exclusive items that DE promised them would remain exclusive to them alone. 

Braton Vandal      

^

Lato Vandal         <       These two are exclusive to the Closed Beta testers

Snipetron Vandal

Strun Wraith

Gorgon Wraith 

Twin Wraith Vipers

^

Machete Wraith                  <  These are all the event exclusives that may or may not be re-released at another date in time.

Snipetron

Gorgon

Boar

Machete 

^

Ceramic Daggers        <         These weapons have been retired, either do to not fitting a certain theme or...well DE hasn't really given us a reason beyond that. Not the most fun to level anyway though so you won't be missing out on much here. 

These might seem like a sizable amount of content, but just keep in mind that some of these retired weapons may be getting re-implemented as a re-designed version and the event weapons may come back. As it is right now the only mastery hurtle you should worry about getting to is rank 10, which can be achieved by ranking up all the current Warframes with some weapons you like thrown in between them. 

they have mentioned a "disney vault" where occasionally they will re-re-release for a period of time.

I'm also a completionist and a collector

But not to the point you are which is a bit crazy Btw

It's like you would play diablo 3 and want to reach max paragon level...

For example I like scanning cause I then have a look at on the enemy his weaknesses his resistances and most importantly the loot he drops

hit rank 8 bam done

no need to go higher. at a certain point youll find yourself burnt from all the grinding.

Thanks for the clarification all on the level 8. I havent researched the Spitter and PS$ doesnt have the katanas yet.

I make new stuff, try it out a bit, decide if I like it, if i do i will level to 30, if not, 20 or so and ditch it. 

You will never be able to "win Warframe". 

What's the point of complete?

You know what? I started play Warframe, found out it was so damn fun building your weapons and frame, grinding every night for the items I wanted the most.....then, nights after nights of grinding, I didn't play Warframe much now unless there is a new event or new weapons. Cause once you got everything, fun downfall!

Happy grinding. It's not the destination that matter dude!

hit rank 8 bam done

no need to go higher. at a certain point youll find yourself burnt from all the grinding.

for me it isn't about untouchables, it's about reaching full completion of core content. for example, mastery ranks = levels = core content that i must reach 100% on. on the flip side, founders gear = event gear = stuff that it would be nice to be able to gain affinity with, but isn't a problem to ignore due to being "extra/side content".

also, grinding doesn't burn me out, as i'm one of those people who genuinely enjoys grinding. well, as long as the grind serves a purpose other than just grinding for the sake of it. there's really no better feeling in RPGs than throwing on some good house/trance music and grinding XYZ mobs for XYZ reasons, be it exp, drops, whatever.

Edited by Hexerin