Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Courtesy

Abbreviating a courtesy defeates the point.  If you can't be bothered to type out "Thank you" I can't be bothered to acknowledge your "courtesy".

How does it defeat the point? "ty" doesn't has less value than "thank you".

I'd like to friend and do missions with nearly everyone who responded!  I do try to thank anyone who revives me, though I can't say I do it every single time if it's a long Survival (eg) and we're getting mobbed by Bombards and Napalms. I do try to hold up my end but trying to down anything that's coming so my savior doesn't go down because of reviving me. My worst case (maybe this is a separate thread) was an ODA when the host somehow dropped me in at a spawn point that turned out to be already mobbed with Big Bad Infested. Did anyone come back to help? Nope. But they did swear at me quite colorfully (yeh---the host had time to type out things like "F*** you, you s***) and talked/typed amongst themselves about aborting so they could drop me, then reported me on the recruiting board as a leech. Seriously??? There are *so* many nice people in this community, but yeah, what you remember are your worst-case. Most of the nice ones are now friends or clan-mates. (and I've written and edited for so long that textspeak is like fingernails on a chalk board, but even *I* see the value of TY and NP when you're in somewhat straitened circumstances.)

generally i don't expect a "thank you", i guess it's kinda normal to revive someone...that is ,if i can, i won't put myself under fire from heavy grineer rocketers if i got less than 10 health, heh. If in a way or other the player was behaving like a complete *ahem* then no 2nd chance and this time i expect a "dammit revive me" :3

and if i'm revived...well i must say i don't always thank as most of the time danger is near enough.

And since it take only about a second to type "ty" i feel bad afterward, and forget it.

(and if i'm rhino then i stomp my way to escape in anger)

....when i think about it the prisoner is nicer and more polite than me, when i revive him :/

As a Penta user I'm not particularly embarrassed when I get downed by mistake. Even Iron Skin is vulnerable to a near, or direct blast; and even if I survive the 4k radiation proc gets me anyway. 

I only feel bad if it happens at a crucial time, or if my round ricochets off a closing door (a noobie mistake). 

Edited by YourBusDriver

As the title suggest my post is about in-game courtesy, and don't worry - this is not a rage, or rancorous commentary about player interaction. (You'd wish more players would tell you up front, sheesh!)

I want to ask a question...

After being revived by a teammate, I will promptly type Ty, or Thank you in recognition of my rescuer's efforts. Alternately, if a player does the same for me I will reciprocate a Yw, or Your welcome. 

So my question is: Do you thank / acknowledged other players for reviving you?  

I realize this is a minor thing - giving thanks - but humans do it all the time. After all, revival is technically optional. Courtesy would also include other players holding the elevator for you, or slowing down to let you catch up if you've fallen behind. 

Tell me what you think?

YES, and if somebody don't say thx, I save him 2 times more, if he don't say thx, I let him die

I dont think reviving them is completely optional in the way that most times itd be disadvantageous to have a member down

I also dont mind if im not thanked because alot of times its hallow

An example

In mabinogi after a run people will say thanks for the run and immediately poof away

IRL we hear lovers say "i love you" over the phone or when theyre leaving eachother for whatever reason and its become such a trend that the words dont mean much anymore

The more you say things like that the less value they carry

so ill appreciate the ones that do thank me

Its probably more sincere if they dont do it often

I'll give a 'ty' to anyone that revives me and a 'np' to anyone that thanks me for reviving them.

I'll give dead silence to doorway heroes as they bleed out half the map away while expecting the team to respond to 'help'

if someone's done an exceptional job of irritating me I'll stand over them and watch them bleed out. Had a guy a while ago bashing me for being a GM founder after he saw my Lato Prime. That very same Lato Prime was waved in his face as he died. Three times.

I always say 'thank you/ty' to being revived, and np to the thanks i get. I feel that reviving a team-mate goes to my general principle of 'leave no-one behind'. When i do get up from being downed in like a faceful of Naplams and Bombards i thank them as well with my Radial Disarm, hope he/she's happy.

I dont think reviving them is completely optional in the way that most times itd be disadvantageous to have a member down

I also dont mind if im not thanked because alot of times its hallow

An example

In mabinogi after a run people will say thanks for the run and immediately poof away

IRL we hear lovers say "i love you" over the phone or when theyre leaving eachother for whatever reason and its become such a trend that the words dont mean much anymore

The more you say things like that the less value they carry

so ill appreciate the ones that do thank me

Its probably more sincere if they dont do it often

And hello fellow Milletian ^~^.

Edited by Xs-138

I generally give no thanks unless the other players seem "Talky" or write something first. But i will do my damndest to revive others. And i will usually apologize if my attempts to revive ends up in me dying and thus increasing the problem. I sometimes apologize if i fail at reaching someone for whatever reason as well.

However in my darkest moments, say during a mobile defense mission where i ask others to stay close, or ask survival people to not pop the pod too early... And they do anyway? I leave them to die, while encouraging others players to leave them to die.

Only if we hit an actual pause, or they had to go out of their way.

Otherwise, we're a team, and it benefits us all to have all of us at full fighting capacity. I don't thank people for shooting enemies, using room-clearing CC, or opening two-panel doors, either - that's part of the mission. We're here for a purpose, and having all four guns in play is going to help that purpose.

I'll also dive hard to revive - Zephyr with a potato, I can take it - but I don't expect thanks. That's why we're here. But if it gets too hairy, I WILL let you bleed. The mission comes first. And until someone's survival is detrimental to the mission, I'm going to try and get them up. No words necessary.

Edited by Frigglish

i dont expect players to go out of their way to show appreciation for doing what needs to be done. 

qnd if you keep going down over and over i get annoyed if you keep typing thank you. its a formality that only goes so far before it starts to get weird.