The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Guys Think About Warframes Combining Powers

kscott190

Ex: Frost uses Snow Globe, Volt uses Overload while inside and Snow Globe becomes magnetize or Hydorid uses Undertow, Volt use Shock on Undertow and all enemies caught in it sustain additional eletric damage on top of Undertow's damage or Saryn using Miasma on Ember's Fireblast giving it Gas damage

As long as we can combine them to summon Captain Planet, I'm all for it.

That being said, I would like something like this, but I understand why we don't. The number of permutations is staggering.

EDIT: I'd do the math, but to be honest I forgot the formula.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

I can see the benefit and costs of that being a possibility

Like if you want to use fire but it mixes with another element to form something you dont want and it becomes less effective because of it.

it would require some real communication to even out during fights

which we dont always have time for

Edited by Anatolius

That being said, I would like something like this, but I understand why we don't. The number of permutations is staggering.

Let's see, we got Ember (heat), Frost (cold), Saryn (toxin), and Volt (electric)

Ember + Frost = Blast, Ember + Saryn = Gas, Ember + Volt = Radiation

Frost + Saryn = Viral, Frost + Volt = Magnetic

Saryn + Volt = Corrosive

Doesn't seem like many especially since this is already available in game with weapon mods

Only one I can think of having some issue with would be Hydroid since water isn't a element in the game, yet

Let's see, we got Ember (heat), Frost (cold), Saryn (toxin), and Volt (electric)

Saryn + Volt = Corrosive

Doesn't seem like many especially since this is already available in game with weapon mods

Only one I can think of having some issue with would be Hydroid since water isn't a element in the game, yet

Oh,  you meant in terms of procs. I was thinking about each power as a separate thing instead of grouping them like that.

Yeah, that's a lot less complicated.

Oh,  you meant in terms of procs. I was thinking about each power as a separate thing instead of grouping them like that.

Yeah, that's a lot less complicated.

Yeah, something like Volt turning Frost's Snow Globe magnetic and destorying the shields of any they walk into it

For Hydroid I see his Undertow as a way to trap enemies and other players lay damage ontop like Oberon's Hallowed Ground

Judging that the OP is using more than just ults,  i assume he wants every ability to combine. With our current number of frames, excluding Primes, that would be 5776 abilities. That means DE has t make 5776 UNIQUE combinations, in addition to adding new warframes which will further increase this number.

Judging that the OP is using more than just ults,  i assume he wants every ability to combine. With our current number of frames, excluding Primes, that would be 5776 abilities. That means DE has t make 5776 UNIQUE combinations, in addition to adding new warframes which will further increase this number.

Exactly where does it say I want all their abilites to combine?

Yeah, something like Volt turning Frost's Snow Globe magnetic and destorying the shields of any they walk into it

For Hydroid I see his Undertow as a way to trap enemies and other players lay damage ontop like Oberon's Hallowed Ground

Saryn + Volt = Corrosive

Ex: Frost uses Snow Globe, Volt uses Overload while inside and Snow Globe becomes magnetize or Hydorid uses Undertow, Volt use Shock on Undertow and all enemies caught in it sustain additional eletric damage on top of Undertow's damage or Saryn using Miasma on Ember's Fireblast giving it Gas damage

captain-planet.jpg

Loki Decoy + Nyx Chaos = Sexie Jutsu.

OMGOSH i am legit dying of laughter

idk why it black out. Anyways, i think it should be the 1st abilities only or just the ULT because the 1st ability is pretty much useless for most frames after a certain level, adding combined abilities for the 1st ability would help with this. 

Or the ULTs only because this would highly promote team work 

currently i only know one combo THAT is actually in the game presently. 

radial javelin+ bullet attraction= (all javelins attracted to the target) currently works 

me and my friends farm bosses this way. I forgot the math but basically lets say theres 10 javelins and each does 2000 dmg then all attract to the boss... BOOM= 20K dmg no joke this actually works.

But this is mainly because of the utility aspect of bullet attraction because instead of all the javelins going outwards like this (<O>) it does tihis (>O>)

Would be a nice way to encourage teamwork, even if it's not just restricted to elements but more synergy with powers in general (like that old Bullet Attractor + Radial Javelin trick).

Unfortunately due to how every frame is effectively a one man army who doesn't even need a team to begin with, the only way such a mechanic would be worthwhile would be to make singular abilities less effective, and naturally everyone would be against that since working with other people in a co-op game is bad (obviously).

Would be a nice way to encourage teamwork, even if it's not just restricted to elements but more synergy with powers in general (like that old Bullet Attractor + Radial Javelin trick).

Unfortunately due to how every frame is effectively a one man army who doesn't even need a team to begin with, the only way such a mechanic would be worthwhile would be to make singular abilities less effective, and naturally everyone would be against that since working with other people in a co-op game is bad (obviously).

As nice as synergizing all powers together, I see element synergy easier for them to put into the game since it's already in the game