The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Blade Storm Op Or Want

OneBulletCurse

i have noticed in my time playing as ash that his ultimate blade storm is way to OP, like he cans everything in the room, ignoring all health, shields and armor. For example if you time it right on defense missions you can take out almost every single person in the area if they are close enough, just on bottom press and sit back for two minutes watching ash do all the work for you. 

Does anyone else think he is abit op? 

Fight long, Die hard Tenno,

Cerberus2101

Edited by Cerberus2101

Nope. 

He takes his sweet time to kill all the marked enemies so it's already balanced enough. Most Frames would just insta-kill everything within the target radius. If you mod ash specifically for Blade Storm you can wind up in animation limbo for almost 30 seconds.

Edited by Plasmaface

Nope. 

:::::::::

also

• Hits up to 7 / 9 / 12 / 15 enemies one at a time within a 20 meter radius of your initial target for 750 / 1000 / 1500 / 2000 Finisher damage per enemy.
      • Damage is unaffected by armor, and Ancient Healers are dealt 100% extra damage.
      • Number of enemies is not affected by Power Strength, but damage is affected.
Edited by Aeon66

Not at all. While his Ult might have more damage than other AoE nukes, it takes quite some time to kill every target as opposed to killing them all instantly. Also, Bladestorm is limited to a certain number of targets whereas other nukes are not.

Bladestorm is quite slow. Although powerful, it targets only a set amount of enemies, and need to go through them one at the time.

In fact, even if they made a change where Ash multiplies into three clones to kill all targets faster, it would still not be OP; it will only be more efficient in team play due to increased speed.

Coupled with the time it takes to finish it, sometimes he may be unable to destroy the enemies around the pod (if they're swarming) before they deal much damage to it. Also, if his targets get destroyed while he didn't kill them yet, he doesn't select a new target, and therefore he "wastes" it a bit.

There's also the bad luck of dying from a Toxic Ancient as soon as you come back to your initial position, since there's no invincibility frames at the end (if there are, it's very short).

So no, that's not OP at all. It's self-sustaining, yes, but it's definitely not the best ultimate for teamwork.

Edited by Casardis

Ash is far from overpowered. In fact, he is one of my least favorite frames.

Yeah, you can stack some good damage on it, but it takes ages to kill it's targets. It also has a cap on how many enemies it  can kill in one usage. Not only that, but the ability only works in the tile it is used in. If you want to talk about overpowered ults, address Nova and Rhino about their ult spamming habits.

wat

how do you ignore Health. psst. that's what Damage is for.

wat

Edit:

more autoformatting trying to trolling me. sigh.

I wish my guns could ignore health. All they do is just induce death.

That was a good laugh.

If anything, Bladestorm needs a buff, both in speed and scaling ability.

My first solution is to have Bladestorm receive bonus damage from the melee combo multiplier. As of now, it adds to the counter without benefiting from it, which makes no sense what so ever. This isn't just a across-the-board buff, and it scales in effectiveness relative to the player's skill in their ability to build up and maintain a long enough melee hit combo. And no, it's not going to be OP, because even if you build up a staggering 3x multiplier, you'll only do 6,000 damage. That is still nothing compared to Nova, but enough to let him take on those Grineer that are armored to the teeth (I'm looking at you, Corrupted Heavy Gunner [60]).

My second suggestion is to first increase Bladestorm's entire animation sequence speed by 50% and then have Bladestorm's entire animation sequence effected by Natural Talent. This would let players who prefer a faster Bladestorm have it at a cost of less time invulnerable by using Natural Talent (the Natural Talent 50% buff), while not restricting any kind of speed increase to those without the rare mod (the overall 50% buff). And players who choose not to use Natural Talent can have a slightly longer Bladestorm which is still 50% faster than it is now.

My third solution is to have Ash draw agro from nearby enemies during Bladestorm. As Ash teleports from target to target, assassinating his prey, bystanders can do nothing but try and shoot you off their comrade's back, even though it does no damage. Similar to Absorb as in, you are absorbing all incoming damage while prompting the enemies to waste their time trying to kill you. This will provide utility for any level, so even if after the speed buffs and the damage buffs, no matter the level, you can distract your foes, buying time for your team do dispatch of them.

Not perfect solutions, but will help him hit harder, faster and will fit into Ash's perceived theme as a frame with "lethal abilities complemented with powers of distraction".

(I like how I post a buff suggestion on a nerf thread :P)

ability it almost not even worth having on you bar.....

does a whopping 2000 dmg per taget, 1 at a time, over the course of several seconds.  the weakest rifle in the game puts down more damage per second. 

you do your 2000dmg one unit at a time, this guy with the penta is gonna be over here doin 40,000dmg to groups at a time.

useless past mid-level.

Bladestorm is pretty terrible.  On top of being a straight up damage skill, which is terrible in itself, it's really... really... slow.  Which makes it worse than other damage skills.  I can pick off the enemies faster with my bow, which does way more damage per hit.  Hell, Banshee's Sound Quake is better since it at least has CC.

Even if they were to make it an instant attack it still wouldn't be worth slotting.  The only thing that will make Bladestorm good is some form of utility.  Otherwise it's teleport+smokescreen all day.

i have noticed in my time playing as ash that his ultimate blade storm is way to OP, like he cans everything in the room, ignoring all health, shields and armor. For example if you time it right on defense missions you can take out almost every single person in the area if they are close enough, just on bottom press and sit back for two minutes watching ash do all the work for you. 

Does anyone else think he is abit op? 

Fight long, Die hard Tenno,

Cerberus2101

on what defense mission is your theory based off of pray tell?