The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ashes Teleport Desperately Needs To Be Redone, My Thoughts On How

Baive

LOVE  playing as ash, to me hes an amazing frame. i had him since ive started playing warframe (he was the fisrts frame i didnt buy, but built) and he is just an amazing frame all around. 

now

as much as i do love him 

one thing

teleport, now don't get me wrong, its an incredibly useful tool for travel, if you time it right that is. 

but i still think it can have more potential. now, he is marketed as a stealth frame, so why does it stun enemies, or for that matter, why do you need to teleport directly to enemies? why not use this ability as a range sort of thing, like activating it gave a marker where you were going to teleport, and you activate it again to teleport for real. 

what came to my mind: 

Dishonored's "Blink" ability. 

for anyone who has played they know that stealth is INCREDIBLY fun and useful when you can skip out of sight and leave silently from point A to point B in an instant.  

range? yeah. Warframe has that covered with the "Stretch" mod. i can think of no better use for it than this. 

(for Ash, at least lol) 

the range of your teleport increases as you max the ability itself out with cores, then add "intensify" and "stretch" for best results, or anything like that 

just a personal opinion that a few others agreed with.

and if you play as ash a lot you understand the struggle.  

LOVE  playing as ash, to me hes an amazing frame. i had him since ive started playing warframe (he was the fisrts frame i didnt buy, but built) and he is just an amazing frame all around. 

now

as much as i do love him 

one thing

teleport, now don't get me wrong, its an incredibly useful tool for travel, if you time it right that is. 

but i still think it can have more potential. now, he is marketed as a stealth frame, so why does it stun enemies, or for that matter, why do you need to teleport directly to enemies? why not use this ability as a range sort of thing, like activating it gave a marker where you were going to teleport, and you activate it again to teleport for real. 

what came to my mind: 

for anyone who has played they know that stealth is INCREDIBLY fun and useful when you can skip out of sight and leave silently from point A to point B in an instant.  

range? yeah. Warframe has that covered with the "Stretch" mod. i can think of no better use for it than this. 

(for Ash, at least lol) 

the range of your teleport increases as you max the ability itself out with cores, then add "intensify" and "stretch" for best results, or anything like that 

just a personal opinion that a few others agreed with.

and if you play as ash a lot you understand the struggle.  

funny players like teleport since melee 2.0.

That stagger.

you do have to be precise when targetting though. Only issue I find.

I'd personally prefer the ability to teleport anywhere you aim, instead of directly to an enemy. However, like Valkyr's Rip Line, I'd like it to have the extra function of stunning in an area if you actually target an enemy, so if you have the skill to aim at an enemy properly you'll stun them.

Alternatively, if you aim at the enemy properly, maybe it makes you invisible for a few seconds, for some stealth melee bonus? I'd really like that

There are other frames that need buffs/changes much more than ash.

Only thing ash needs right now imo is a re-design.

Ash took Valkyr's spot at poop tier. The added melee use did help a bit, but the ult, teleport and shuriken are crap to use atm.

ZzZzzZZZzzzzzzZZZzzzzzzzZzZzz.. Giving it a marker is just adding a speed bump.. Your marker would wind up giving you all sorts of "invalid target" messages, you'd probably wind up in walls, out of the map, etcetera.. Trying to place your marker when surrounded by enemies, would be like trying to point novas portal, at the ground.

Targeting? Stop hockey pucking your mouse around, get a better mouse, or learn to time/aim better.

Teleporting to an unintended/random target? You're kidding, right? See how long you like that, when you get tired of not going, where you want to be.

Yet another silly thread, from people that want something to be, what THEY want it to be. With no regard for the rest of the community..

ZzZzzZZZzzzzzzZZZzzzzzzzZzZzz.. Giving it a marker is just adding a speed bump.. Your marker would wind up giving you all sorts of "invalid target" messages, you'd probably wind up in walls, out of the map, etcetera.. Trying to place your marker when surrounded by enemies, would be like trying to point novas portal, at the ground.

Targeting? Stop hockey pucking your mouse around, get a better mouse, or learn to time/aim better.

Teleporting to an unintended/random target? You're kidding, right? See how long you like that, when you get tired of not going, where you want to be.

Yet another silly thread, from people that want something to be, what THEY want it to be. With no regard for the rest of the community..

You sir, have made me laugh with your self-centered comment. Do not speak for the entirety of the community, when everyone else that has posted thus far wants a change. Additionally, your approach to what would otherwise be constructive feedback to the idea of this thread was annihilated by provocative attitude. Think before you post.

the "rest of the community" wants changes to ash as well. Maybe you need to consider others.

Your whole argument is just you trying to disagree just to disagree.

how about when you aim at an enemy if you just tap the key you teleport as normal but if you press and hold the key time slows and gives you time to place a marker then when you let go you teleport to the marker.Kind of like web rush in the amazing spiderman if you wanna look at that as an example. This would keep it the way it is for people who like it as it is now but it would add something more for other people.

[...]

what came to my mind:

I suggested this before as well.

However, after playing Ash I'd also be fine with teleport being similar to how it is now, but teleporting me BEHIND the enemy so that it can actually be used for stealth. Tele --> backstab.

Although they have to fix backstabs first...

And while enemies are alerted to your presence, they should still not immediately turn back around, but you shouldn't have the option to backstab. Makes it feel more like stealth.

Edited by S7ORM

Teleport is bad because the targeting is unforgiving so you can't use it in suboptimal conditions.  Even worse is if you have a low frame rate since that reduces the number of times you can try the ability per second (all semi-auto inputs behave this way,) making Teleport very hard to use if either you or the target are moving.

Except for, uh, the only other teleport ability.

switch teleport? i believe he said "mobility skill"

I wouldn't classify switch tele as mobility, that falls more in line with traps/escape/trolling