The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This Why A Lot Of You Wanted To Nerf Trinity?

aginemi

a big part, would likely be to make Trinity perform more reasonably, rather than slitting wrists being the main form of attack.

a large consistency hole with Trinity, where masochism is apparently incentivized, while other frames are the opposite.

there's dozens of other reasons as well, however.

Edit:

this is not to say Trinity is a sole offender, just about every Frame has Power(s) that need to be tweaked. some 'up', some 'down', some sideways.

Edited by taiiat

When one frame can make the party invincible permanently, with absolutely NO risk of having the party ever be vulnerable to damage, and then use another ability and shoot herself in the foot endlessly to kill all enemies in a rather large area with absolutely no danger or skill involved, that definitely calls for a nerf of some sort.

I actually thought that was a particularly creative use of powers, so no. There's just simply no reason someone should be immune to all forms of attack and CC for 30 seconds at a time. IMO, 5-8 seconds of invulnerability at most would be more than enough to let it remain a life-saver without being abusable/God mode.

@Paradoxbomb
I think that 5-8 seconds, 10 max, (Without duration being able to increase it) with 3 to 5 seconds before it can be recast again would be just about right.  That would definitely do a lot to balance the skill.
If they could also prevent self damage from working with link that would fix the other half of what makes blessing + link + ogris/penta/castanas so OP.
Or just make link not work with blessing at all.  Afterall, if it reflects half of the damage you take and you're taking zero damage it shouldn't reflect anything, as half of zero is zero.

Edited by Tsukinoki

I wonder when the "Nerf Ember coz her ultimate can kill enemies just like shown in the video" threads come up. Sure.. Ember is not invincible during that time (if you don't count the fact that enemies die before they can shoot) but since lowlevel, lowMR and low experience players are the ones crying nerf when they see this without realizing that other Warframes can perform like this just aswell alot of Warframes should be nerfed then alongside Trinity. It's not that just anyone can do this from the start without any effort. It takes time to collect and level the required gear and i would say this is an Endgame build.

To make things clear before the Flamekids take bait... i don't care if Trinity gets nerfed, i shelfed her a long time ago when playing like in the video got too boring... and believe me... i'm currently exploiting other Warframes just aswell as i did Trinity. I just advise anyone to not take this too seriously... the game will continue without that Trinity build and unless DE learns to balance their game, other OP Warframes will emerge.

Edited by Namacyst

DE doesn't like invulnerable things

Iron skin, snow globe, sinergy between rage and quick thinking are just examples

All her powers will be reviewed, so it's likely some might receive a buff and some might receive a nerf.

I wonder when the "Nerf Ember coz her ultimate can kill enemies just like shown in the video" threads come up. Sure.. Ember is not invincible during that time (if you don't count the fact that enemies die before they can shoot) but since lowlevel, lowMR and low experience players are the ones crying nerf when they see this without realizing that other Warframes can perform like this just aswell alot of Warframes should be nerfed then alongside Trinity. It's not that just anyone can do this from the start without any effort. It takes time to collect and level the required gear and i would say this is an Endgame build.

That's just it though, Ember isn't invincible during that time, she's still effected by damage and CC, which adds a risk vs. reward mechanic to using her ultimate. On top of that her damage with powers is severely limited compared to Link's ability to scale off of the damage from maxed out Castanas or a Penta. And Ember is the one that's supposed to be the high damage pseudo-tank and yet the frame who's not meant to deal direct damage outperforms her by a large margin. I feel bad calling it out since I thought the combo was an interesting one, but that is a glaring hole in the balance between frames and their roles.

And you can argue that yes, there are a bunch of frames with equally exploitable abilities, but if we keep saying "don't nerf A until you nerf B" than nothing is ever going to get reworked. Trinity's already under the spotlight, so while it's important to acknowledge the fact that she isn't the only offender we shouldn't deny that the change is important nonetheless.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

-snip-

And you can argue that yes, there are a bunch of frames with equally exploitable abilities, but if we keep saying "don't nerf A until you nerf B" than nothing is ever going to get reworked. Trinity's already under the spotlight, so while it's important to acknowledge the fact that she isn't the only offender we shouldn't deny that the change is important nonetheless.

That Pest called Nova comes to mind. Most annoying, unfun, poorly balanced noob Warframe to have in your team... ruins games vs. enemies of lvl 10-50 coz M. Prime ... and useless from lvl 50 on coz she's mostly played by noobs not knowing of AD... but people say Trinity ruins games. *rolleyes*

Tbh i welcome a Trinity nerf IF it will finally be the needed rework of all her abilities to make her overall viable instead of just Link + Blessing. If Scott just gives her the Blessing nerf-bat in an half-hearted attempt of (again) poor balancing then i will be very disappointed.

So following this train of thought a Mag zipping through the same mission, pulling everything in a little over a minute is due for a nerf too?

All aboard the nerf train!

Except Mag's pull only works for the host correctly since U9.

Tbh i welcome a Trinity nerf IF it will finally be the needed rework of all her abilities to make her overall viable instead of just Link + Blessing. If Scott just gives her the Blessing nerf-bat in an half-hearted attempt of (again) poor balancing then i will be very disappointed.

Agreed, while I feel being able to get up to 30 seconds out of Blessing's invincibility needs to change, I would love to see WoL and EV improved upon, they feel too slow and clumsy right now, particularly WoL since there's pretty much no reason to use it over Blessing.

Agreed, while I feel being able to get up to 30 seconds out of Blessing's invincibility needs to change, I would love to see WoL and EV improved upon, they feel too slow and clumsy right now, particularly WoL since there's pretty much no reason to use it over Blessing.

What i like to see is a fusion of WoL & EV into one skill (or scrap EV), make it an Aura and give Trinity a new skill that makes sense and is fun. Having an unneeded WoL (coz of Blessing), an unneeded EV (coz of Energy Siphon and Rage/QT+Blessing) and a soon to be useless (without invul) damage ability called Link she will be left with.. well.. nothing to make her a pick for any mission. Right now she depends on Link & Blessing..as shown in the video.. a pure nerf to Blessings invul without rework of the other skills would destroy her.

To make things clear before the Flamekids take bait... i don't care if Trinity gets nerfed, i shelfed her a long time ago when playing like in the video got too boring... and believe me... i'm currently exploiting other Warframes just aswell as i did Trinity. I just advise anyone to not take this too seriously... the game will continue without that Trinity build and unless DE learns to balance their game, other OP Warframes will emerge.

exactly this! not to say trinity doesn't need some balancing but then again so do most other frames still. builds like this are only possible with corrupted mods ... 

What i like to see is a fusion of WoL & EV into one skill (or scrap EV), make it an Aura and give Trinity a new skill that makes sense and is fun. Having an unneeded WoL (coz of Blessing), an unneeded EV (coz of Energy Siphon and Rage/QT+Blessing) and a soon to be useless (without invul) damage ability called Link she will be left with.. well.. nothing to make her a pick for any mission. Right now she depends on Link & Blessing..as shown in the video.. a pure nerf to Blessings invul without rework of the other skills would destroy her.

I wouldn't go so far as to say she'd be useless, assuming Blessing still heals people and offers a few seconds of invincibility (5-8) it can still function as a life saver/tide turner like it should have, not an exploit you can continuously spam to fight level 300 enemies. Nonetheless she should still have the other three powers looked at as well; I would love to see WoL and EV made into an aura that restores health and energy to players to stand next to Trinity (as you suggested). Not sure what to with Link, but at the very least it could also offer some kind of team buff (damage mitigation for all).

Edited by Paradoxbomb