Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Changes For Saryn :(

TheFirstRonin

Saryn doesn't need an overhaul. Miasma works fine, so does Molt. Molt works really well.

I havent used contagion since melee 2.0, but I assume it adds more damage than it ever has, and venom just needs a damage buff.

i find great use for both Molt and Miasma - and would love to have a reason to have Venom equipped.

but like all frames, almost every single power on every frame needs to be either rebuilt from the ground up or heavily tweaked.

many have purposes that are just not useful, or cumbersome to use in a fast paced scenario. some are lucky and are just lackluster, which is a much easier fix than being fundamentally not useful.

As i read through the Ability changes i hoped for some overhauls at saryns abilitys, cause right now all of her powers pretty useless except for her fourth and thats also meh so why no love for saryn?

She's on the list. It's just that the others had priority.

I know because I messaged Rebecca.

Saryn has a decent set of abilities, but they are useful only in certain situations.

Venom can apply the viral proc (50% health, useful for high levels) to large groups.

Molt is a decoy.  Basic, but useful for dumping agro.

Contagion is meh.  I guess you could use it as a buff to melee weapons, or even use it to switch between damage types.

And her fourth is pretty much another press 4 for win.

IMO venom should spread even if you don't shoot the spores, but if you do pop one it creates a much larger AoE with a nearly guarenteed chance to infect everyone in range, and deals a modest amount of viral damage as well. That way it doesn't go to waste if you can't pop one in time, but there's still incentive to aim for them.

Otherwise I can't complain too much, Molt and Miasma seem to be fairly good, and I honestly don't use Contagion much so I'm not sure how good it is (could be a team buff or cost less to use though).

You did'nt read everything right? if else you would have read the following 

Next Steps:

Firstly, if you don’t see ‘your frame’ on this list, by no means does it mean we aren’t going to take a look at it. There have been general tweaks and passes occurring for frames over the past few months, and we’ll continue adjusting as the game grows and changes. However, please note that we did mention Nova explicitly and changes are in the works that will be covered in a follow up post shortly.

Secondly, please feel free to discuss these changes within this thread, but stay constructive. Comments and remarks that don’t contribute in a meaningful way will be hidden so surrounding discussions remain on-point.

And Lastly, have fun. These changes will be arriving this week on PC, and within the next major Update on PS4. We’ll be able to address any immediate issues within a hotfixes, and longer term feedback over time as these changes are tried out and adapted to.

Thanks, Tenno!

There is this really awesome Thread in the Feedback Section where this is posted as a potential change for Saryn:

"Far as we can tell, Saryn is intended to be a melee frame. She has above-average defense like melee frames, relatively low range on her direct-damage abilities, and an ability that makes her melee attacks deal more elemental damage. Her major issue is that, since Damage 2.0, the Poison/Toxic element in itself isn’t all that effective, since it doesn’t ignore all forms of defense anymore – thus making Contagion less effective as a damage skill, and reducing her appeal in melee. She also has the terribly confusing (at least, within the context of a melee arsenal) Molt, which spawns a explosive decoy where she’s standing – thus, if cast while she’s charging at an enemy, enemies will still shoot at it through her, and any situation where you could use it for extra damage in cleaving range would require an enemy strong enough to one or two-shot it... which probably means they won't be affected much by its death. Really, since it lost its ability to attract enemies behind cover, everything else you could use Molt for (a distraction, an anti-melee/Infested bomb, etc.), you could just cut out the middle man – especially for someone like Saryn, who’s built with higher survivability, to pseudo-tank levels. If she were a real melee frame, she’d at least have a gap-closer (which would be weird for a poison elemental…) OR a durability buff… so why not kill two birds with one stone?

Archetype: Melee Caster.

Suggested changes:
- “Contagion” and “Venom” names switched – Her first skill is contagious, and her third has venomous strikes.
--> New “Contagion” spores are more responsive to melee attacks, and unpopped spores deal half damage to nearby enemies when their host dies.
--> New “Venom” buffs nearby allies to deal additional Toxin damage with all weapons (which does not combine with other elements, just adds to total weapon damage), and return Energy on melee strikes based on the player's combo modifier.
- Molt replaced with “Allure”: Grants damage mitigation to the caster, with a small Gas damage aura surrounding Saryn capable of popping spores from “Contagion”.
- Miasma's status chance per tick is increased. Damage is reduced, but Power Duration adds additional ticks with stagger.

Yes, Allure is both a perfume pun (THOSE HEELS THOUGH) and a revival of Overheat. Scott has already said Overheat was not right in Ember’s hands, and I’m inclined to agree – it’s not fit for someone intended to spam Fireball from half a room away, but it’s perfect for someone who’s actually intended to melee. Plus, it opens the door to let Saryn use every Toxin-based element (she’s already got three!). Combined with “Contagion”, players are more likely to Leeroy Jenkins with her for maximum damage. Meanwhile, between Miasma (which has a stacking armor-reducing proc – THAT’s how you do an anti-armor skill, NOT Terrify) and “Venom”, Saryn’s damage utility skyrockets, and she returns to her glory days.

The big question here is mostly about "Venom", especially now that Melee 2.0 has made the cheaper, group-wide Speed much more effective for building combos and "pause"-attack stances, on top of its mobility outside of melee. The idea here is that "Venom" could be made more effective for Channeling builds, allowing you to increase the team's energy efficiency, while still providing a smaller benefit to those who brought a gun to the swordfight. The energy restoration would also blend well with the "Caster"-side of her potential builds. That said, I'm always open to suggestions for alternatives if you think it encroaches on Trinity's territory, but keep in mind what kind of utilities you'd actually bring a Saryn in for."

----------------------------------------------------

My only explanation to why DE hasn´t done THIS is that they haven´t seen it yet, otherwise they should get beaten with stones and sticks for not implementing this awesome idea!!!! XD

link:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/198866-abilities-20-retune-all-the-frames-510-now-with-nova/

the only reason i have saryn (besides master rank) is because of her character. as a warframe, she's ignorable since other frames do everything she does, but better. she's like oberon, she suffers the weakness of abilities because she's trying to be multiple conflicting things all at once, which forces everything to be weaker for it.