Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts On Warframe

timewarden

Hello, i am new to warframe. I had a couple friends talk me into playing the game and i must say i really started enjoying. I have put about 14 hours into the game and it keeps getting S#&$tier and S#&$tier. How the hell does the game expect you to enjoy it when you have to wait days before you can do anything. You join a game and the host d/c's causing your game to lock up and you lose half an hour of play plus any "finally" rare drops. This game is out to get every dollar i have earned in a job that hardly allows me to do anything, but hell they want 5 freaking dollars for only 75 platinum??? let me put that into perspective for you guys. One of the guns takes 225 platinum to purchase, so essentially for a month time of wow or any other pay to play mmo that gives you access to the full game, you can get one gun. CONGRATULATIONS! Then my mind was blown when i was learning about inventory that i can only have 2 slots for warframes????? i mean really? Anyway I keep really trying to like this game but the whole keyboard warrior aspect of this game is S#&$. If you have money to blow then yeah go ahead and spend 200 dollars on this game, which is what you have to do to practically get everything. So I must say AMAZING GAME! get rid of all the money S#&$ and time aspects and you would have 10x the amount of player base.

(As far as Cosmetic money transactions that is fine, many games have that.)

(didn't care about the grammer while i typed this in annoyance)

INB4 fanboys get butthurt and say "GTFO DE IS PERFECT WE DON'T NEED YOU"

but srsly yea this game has lots of problems Ill let more intelligent people explain the good and bad.

Edit:

Only took six posts before the classic "don't like it leave"

Edited by alphex2357

Ah nice. 14 hours in game and already complaining.

Play a bit more, you dont even know 10 % of the game. Platinum wise, you dont even have to buy any of it to get everything in game. And you can build any weapon or frame for free.

If you have time, grind items and sell them for platinum. If not, then you buy some platinum.

Ah nice. 14 hours in game and already complaining.

Play a bit more, you dont even know 10 % of the game. Platinum wise, you dont even have to buy any of it to get everything in game. And you can build any weapon or frame for free.

If you have time, grind items and sell them for platinum. If not, then you buy some platinum.

Actually, he's suprrisingly bright for having only put 14 hours in the game.

Have you ever heard about blueprints? No? Oh, wait, you've only played 14 hours and you didn't even explore the game you were playing. Good job on making yourself look idiotic.

I will admit, locking players inventories for warframes and weapons as "You MUST spend Platinum to increase these" is bad. They need to implement the "Get a slot when you do a mastery rank" thing.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. My friend and I have almost all weapons available in the game. We've got over 100+ slots, mainly bought with Platinum received from trading.

Edited by JRMC

yeah.... DE's business department has absolutely no idea what they are doing. I love the game though and for the most part it's great to have those crafting wait times. it goes a little like this : \

play warframe for a bit, get some things to craft send them into the crafter.

log out enjoy some other game is your massive steam library like borderlands or Civ 5 or something.

come back the next day.

open warframe.

HEY :) look! I gots new stuffs.

enjoy new stuffs for several more days

At the beginning things are very limited in terms of what you can have or do. However if you stick with it, you'll eventually start getting rare mods and prime components which you can then sell directly to other players for platinum, which you can use to purchase more weapon and warframe slots, catalysts, reactors, et cetera.

The game is definitely a big struggle at first, but you do eventually pick up momentum.

Have you ever heard about blueprints? No? Oh, wait, you've only played 14 hours and you didn't even explore the game you were playing. Good job on making yourself look idiotic.

I have about 4-6 prime blueprints, built about 4 or 5 things, so yes i am familiar with the blueprints, thank you soo much for your "constructive feedback"

The game is really hard to get into, but to be honest you don't have to spend much money on plat for anything besides weapon and frame slots

Yes this game lets you have most of the guns for free at the expense of hours of grinding. I say slightly better then paying real money for guns like other F2P games.

Edited by alphex2357

At the beginning things are very limited in terms of what you can have or do. However if you stick with it, you'll eventually start getting rare mods and prime components which you can then sell directly to other players for platinum, which you can use to purchase more weapon and warframe slots, catalysts, reactors, et cetera.

The game is definitely a big struggle at first, but you do eventually pick up momentum.

You see though, this is kinda another point, why make the game such a stuggle in the beginning. Doesn't it make more since to Struggle at the end? Not "AS Many" people are going to want to struggle in the beginning of a game, especially because they are learning the game. I luckily had friends who got me to start playing, but that isn't going to be everyone's situation. Like i said I really enjoy this game and i want to see it succeed but atm it isn't on that path.

*Looks at 7 frames and counting and 14 or more weapon slots* Lol this game is full of grind and I've never bought any plat. Just grind for rare stuff than sell it back to humans. Not that hard when you have nothing to do on the game. You could also wait for platinum discount. But DE does need a good marketing team

Everything in the game except cosmetics is already free, it just takes some good old fashioned "grind time".  My advice to you would be get some friends that have a decent planet progression unlocked and have them taxi you to a boss fight of a frame you want.  Farm the boss, build the frame.  DE charges plat weapons and frames as an alternative to farming (ie people that are impatient).  I see very little wrong with their system, considering you have a change at a 75% plat discount after 7 days of consistent login as it is.  It's a free to play game, we buy plat to support the Developer who supports the game we love.

Hello, i am new to warframe. I had a couple friends talk me into playing the game and i must say i really started enjoying. I have put about 14 hours into the game and it keeps getting S#&$tier and S#&$tier. How the hell does the game expect you to enjoy it when you have to wait days before you can do anything. You join a game and the host d/c's causing your game to lock up and you lose half an hour of play plus any "finally" rare drops. This game is out to get every dollar i have earned in a job that hardly allows me to do anything, but hell they want 5 freaking dollars for only 75 platinum??? let me put that into perspective for you guys. One of the guns takes 225 platinum to purchase, so essentially for a month time of wow or any other pay to play mmo that gives you access to the full game, you can get one gun. CONGRATULATIONS! Then my mind was blown when i was learning about inventory that i can only have 2 slots for warframes????? i mean really? Anyway I keep really trying to like this game but the whole keyboard warrior aspect of this game is S#&$. If you have money to blow then yeah go ahead and spend 200 dollars on this game, which is what you have to do to practically get everything. So I must say AMAZING GAME! get rid of all the money S#&$ and time aspects and you would have 10x the amount of player base.

(As far as Cosmetic money transactions that is fine, many games have that.)

(didn't care about the grammer while i typed this in annoyance)

ever heard of the market and the blueprint section where you can find a plethra of weapon blueprints that dont cost you a single real world dollar?

You see though, this is kinda another point, why make the game such a stuggle in the beginning. Doesn't it make more since to Struggle at the end? Not "AS Many" people are going to want to struggle in the beginning of a game, especially because they are learning the game. I luckily had friends who got me to start playing, but that isn't going to be everyone's situation. Like i said I really enjoy this game and i want to see it succeed but atm it isn't on that path.

DE is addressing this, they know it is hard for new players they have said they are working on making the new player experience way better. Just be happy, all of the players that have come before you didnt even get the cool tutorial at the begining, we had to learn EVERYTHING without any kind of ingame help other then other players.