Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Delta Beacons

inthephonebox

I'm sure this thread has numerous predecessors, but I feel the problem warrants continual discussion until something is done. There is a huge problem with the drop rate of Delta beacons from the Ceres Prosecutors. I, along with pretty much everyone I talk to while farming beacons, has many many keys worth of the other beacons but can't seem to find any Deltas. Since this was introduced, playing this game more than any other and farming beacons more than other missions, I've only been able to accumulate 4 deltas. That's two keys. Managed to find one other person who wasn't laying about have a key and managed to run Vay Hek three times. Got Hydroids helmet each time. 

Personally, I enjoy the Vay Hek fight. Hell, I even enjoy the challenge of the prosecutors. And I acknowledge acquiring a new frame should take a bit or a grind, conceding that this game is entirely grind based. Similarly, I am just fine, if not happy, with the grind for Nekros. I think a multistage grind does have potential, if you can handle one or parts of it while trying to accomplish something else, like derelict runs, and if the drop rates are more fair to compensate with single stage grinds for comparable items. I hope my rationale helps prove I am not simply whining, but voicing a valid opinion shared by a large number of the community. And I'm not calling for a complete tear down of the system, but something clearly needs to be done about the Delta beacon drop rates so players can more enjoyably run one of the better designed bosses in this game. 

If somehow I am simply overlooking something huge, does anyone know of any specific way to find Delta beacons other than farming Ceres Grineer Defense? 

yeah im the same as you i only ever found enough for 2 vay hek keys but i was llucky to run someone elses key once and got all three parts.

Since then I hate to say it but I havent even bother thinking about trying to get more keys for 2 reasons:

1.whats the point

2. it takes way to long to get any deltas

This is a huge issue and DE needs to stop with the last component, carrot on a stick.

Warframe Systems, Delta Beacons, Orokin Cells, that one last Prime Part. It's very underhanded.

Another thing is that they put in so much effort with Hek, yet so many players haven't been able to even see him because the Delta Beacons are next to nonexistent.

The fact you got his helmet 3 times in a row is the biggest 'fuckyou', I thought they would hand out the part you need because it is so hard to get too.

Edit: I was planning to buy Hydroid, same with Zephyr, but after seeing how big of a farm wall they put in front of both of them I refused to pay out of spite. I have farmed both of them successfully after hours of playing. But I won't support DE in areas of massive RNG screw overs.

Edited by cam-o-flage20

If you PC guys still have any Grineer Survivals left on Ceres I'd suggest running those, plus having a Nekros around and a good slash weapon if available.  I'd already made two keys just on the first day of the update with having enough Deltas for two more but, despite my own luck on the matter, I still say the Delta Beacons are far too rare to be enjoyable.

The idea behind the layered grind isn't bad in and of itself, but those Delta Beacons are far too rare for anyone's own good.  And I say this having already grabbed Hydroid.

@Bobtm0
We dont have any survivals on ceres currently.

There is Casta, where 1 spawns per wave from wave 5 onwards.
But after 10 35 wave runs on casta with slash weapons + 2 nekros I have ONE delta beacon to show for it.
Over 500 beacon rolls and I got one measely beacon.

The drop rates for it are insanely low.

I jumped on the bandwagon of runs on the recruit tab when he first came out and got mine that way. Since then I haven't gotten many Delta beacons. Best way I found is to take Nekros. Kill em for beacon drop, slice his body in half with an appropriate weapon and then desecrate for two more chances at beacons. Three opportunities per kill for Delta.

Ah, well that just plain sucks then.  Thanks for the info on the matter regardless Tsukinoki.

On, Nuovo I think is the name, I've tended to see fairly solid spawn rates of Prosecutors.  Sometimes having dry spells where none show for a bit, and other times where you'll literally kill one and have another spawn immediately afterwards.  Delta Beacons are just far too rare, and it does suck that they've not been remedied even up till this point.

Even though the farm is technically doable, it's a shame to see both a frame and a pretty stellar boss fight both be locked behind something so silly as a terribly rare resource drop.

This is a huge issue and DE needs to stop with the last component, carrot on a stick.

Warframe Systems, Delta Beacons, Orokin Cells, that one last Prime Part. It's very underhanded.

Uh, you do realize that it's random and not chosen by a DE staff member each run, right?  I've had bad luck collecting parts before too, but I've also had good luck.  Like when I tried to get the Miter a day ago, I literally got all 5 parts in just 5 runs (which has a very low chance of happening).  I usually end up with at least a few duplicates of something before completing a set from boss runs (which is mathematically to be expected).

Another thing is that they put in so much effort with Hek, yet so many players haven't been able to even see him because the Delta Beacons are next to nonexistent.

This much I agree with.  I finally got to fight the new Hek yesterday and I was all "Wow they put effort into this, but it's so hard to actually fight the guy, come on DE what".

The fact you got his helmet 3 times in a row is the biggest 'fuckyou', I thought they would hand out the part you need because it is so hard to get too.

Again, it's not an actual DE staff member selecting the part drops, and it never has been.  I've had around the same luck farming things now as I did back in U7 when the print items dropped from bosses in-game on death.  Sometimes I get all three parts in a small number of runs, sometimes it takes longer.

But yeah getting to Hek needs to be easier.

Delta beacons dropped for me reliably on Nuovo, in survival. Also, got one today during Lecht Krill fight - was helping a new player. It's 1 beacon per 25 min survival with good Nekros.

For some reason delta beacons never drop in defense missions, but I don't really care. Now that I got Hydroid I'm waiting to give Ceres to Corpus. Once Phobos is done Corpus can invade Earth, Ceres or funnily enough Neptune where grineer stole several nodes while corpus were busy conquering everything else. That's 1 in 3 chance for Corpus Ceres.

I honestly agree.  The Delta beacons are a nasty little number to find, and locking a boss behind a certain kind of grind-wall is maddening.

So let's take, Nekros farming for example.  The reason nobody complained about that too terribly much, was you only had to farm one kind of resource.  If you were in an ODD, and a navpoint dropped, it was for the Golem. Period.  So, you get the right number of them, and you go.  There was no RNG involved, except for getting the beacon itself to drop.  That's where the difference is, between Nekro and Hydroid farming, it just wasn't this multi-level, chained event of farm-grind to get to him.  You played OD anything, and you got Golem drops.  It was still grind-ey, it still took time, it still took effort, but it was good work, not hair-tearing-out, rage-inducing psychosis.  

Take the farm out of Warfarm.  To a certain extent.  Don't make it maddening, but make it difficult.

Now the reason they did this was, 1. They wanted to boost plat sales for Mr. Hydroid pirateman.  2. They wanted people to play the new content, unlike Phobos, where everyone just got the Miter and Twin Gremlins, and never went there again.  3. The mind-numbing grind wall encourages greater playtime, because someone who'se trying to get to that new thing, plays for 20 hours a week, more if they don't have a job, whereas the pay-based player, logs on for 5 mins, buys hydroid, and plays with him for the 3 hours or whatever it takes to max him.  See the difference?  It encourages more play-time, increases your addiction to the game, and your willingness to just pay the plat, instead of slamming your head into the keyboard after 3 hours of nonstop farming.

I'm recently back to warframe after a long time away and the grind fest to get hydroid isn't encouraging me to spend money on it, tbh its encouraging me to bugger off again.

I mean making them drop in only one region from one particular mob? I mean its not like a node can change alliegance... WAIT.... YES IT CAN! Who controls ceres at the moment? Yes. Thats right. 

MICROSOFT!