Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel Punished For Not Knowing About Warframe Sooner.

Lancars

Lato Vandal is fine, nobody even cares about that. What people care about are those insanely powerful mods and weapons. I missed out on Wrath Twin Vipers and i super regret it. The weapons sound amazing and are straight forward upgrade to twin vipers. It's not just a skin. And Snipetron Vandal? It's actually very powerful rifle. 

And how about Cicero Crisis mods? Those - status chance alone beats regular status chance mod by 4 times!!!! And additionally it provides 60% poison damage... If you're going for corrosive then it's an absolute must have. You lose a lot of proc/dmg without those mods. And it's not clear that they will be released again... Same goes for Primed Chamber. It's been a long time now and it's clear that it's not comming and it's a must have on Vectis... 

People feel left out. Not because of some exclusive "skins" but because events awayd pretty darn strong stuff. Ofc you can survive without them... but you can also survive without Corrupt mods, you're simply weaker without them.  

This and also Wraith Twin Vipers burn out on ammo so quickly, they're hardly practical to use. Snipetron Vandal, like pretty much other sniper, is easily outclassed by so many other primaries. But they were relatively easy to get and came with a catalyst and free slot.

You play many MMOs/Online games?

Maybe it's just me, but I've never noticed the concept of "event exclusive items" being special or a rare occurrence.

But, in Warframe's case, what makes such a common practice a problem is powercreep, and it extends farther than event items.

Edited by FatalX7

Most event weapons are just above average now to be honest. the only strong one was Strun wraith, which has being nerfed to oblivion.

Originally 50% crit, and 190 damage.

Now it is a mere shadow of it's original self after 2 nerfs to it's critical rate and 1 big nerf to it's damage.

Edited by fatpig84

Most event weapons are just above average now to be honest. the only strong one was Strun wraith, which has being nerfed to oblivion.

Originally 50% crit, and 190 damage.

Now it is a mere shadow of it's original self after 2 nerfs to it's critical rate and 1 big nerf to it's damage.

Braton Vandal is still crying, too :/

the devs should pull a league of legends and rerelease all the exclusives but give a special icon or badge for the closed beta players and founders

riot games at least realized that the ''exclusive skins'' in there game were toxic to the majority of the new players in there game so they changed the exclusive item into a different exclusive item that no one would be upset over 

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/store/sales/plan-vintage-limited-edition-skins    < theres what happened lol 

funny how a  game i wanted to keep my exclusive thing exclusive decided to not do it and then a game where i dont want things to be exclusive is the one where they are keeping them that way, fml right? lol

if it was a nekros prime instead of excalibur prime that was exclusive, i wouldnt even touch this game

i wish i could see the statistics of how many founders even still play the game

i wonder how much they would make if they re-released exclusives but in shop only and overpriced, enough to refund all the founders and then some?

Edited by MerelyARumor

Honestly, you're not missing much. The Cicero and Tethra mods are awesome, but those should become Nightmare rewards in the future. The event weapons all suck, so don't really throw a fit over them. The only exclusive I personally have a problem with is Excal Prime since it's a frame, but the past is the past. Hopefully, DE learns not to do something so stupid again.

Lato Vandal is fine, nobody even cares about that. What people care about are those insanely powerful mods and weapons. I missed out on Wrath Twin Vipers and i super regret it. The weapons sound amazing and are straight forward upgrade to twin vipers. It's not just a skin. And Snipetron Vandal? It's actually very powerful rifle. 

And how about Cicero Crisis mods? Those - status chance alone beats regular status chance mod by 4 times!!!! And additionally it provides 60% poison damage... If you're going for corrosive then it's an absolute must have. You lose a lot of proc/dmg without those mods. And it's not clear that they will be released again... Same goes for Primed Chamber. It's been a long time now and it's clear that it's not comming and it's a must have on Vectis... 

People feel left out. Not because of some exclusive "skins" but because events awayd pretty darn strong stuff. Ofc you can survive without them... but you can also survive without Corrupt mods, you're simply weaker without them.  

Yes, about this.

I have the Cicero and Tethra mods myself, and I feel that it's about time they were released to the public. Such mods are too good to keep to ourselves and are the only viable status-chance mods next to Hammer Shot(Stunning Speed and its class-specific brethren are simply too weak). It just saddens me that there exists people who insist that they should not be available again either because they believe exclusive content should create a gap in power or because they forked out a hefty sum of Platinum to purchase these mods from other players.

Oh well.

I didn't know cause its still considered beta and it seems there is a high amount of exclusive stuff that comes from events that normally a released game would host. This "beta" seems to have hosted a lot of events with a lot of things i cannot obtain and it feels like its slowing down.

I understand people like exclusive stuff but there are so many things i never got like the Vandals and exclusive mods that would really help me do more damage. it feels like people have a 50% boost over anyone who joins now. I feel kinda jipped cause this game wasn't advertised to the public enough and i joined in late.

I wanted to use the machete for fun even if its weaker then the skana. Event mods seem to be very powerful. It makes me feel like i'll never be as good as everyone else who joined sooner. I know exclusive has to mean something to people but it feels Overly exclusive.

And you are going to see many more events in the time you play. I missed a number of them at the start but that's just the way things are.

Just give it a few months and you will have a number of items later players who join after you will never get a chance at.

Warframe has a lot of exclusives, you will miss a lot, but also get a lot. It goes both ways.

Go and max out your serration. Any mediocre rifle will become at least decent with a maxed serration.

Trust me.

I couldn't compete with the big boys until I maxed out the essential mods. And yes, I joined the party pretty late too.

Your main priority as a new player is to either max out serration or point blank. Then, max out redirection and vitality next. From there on, life in Warframe should be easier.

Missing out on exclusive or timed events is not a be all, end all scenario. I know cos I missed out on 90% of the events in warframe because I joined in December last year.

But I am still able to play very high level content without Excalibur prime or snipertron vandal.

It's the essential mods which are important and not event exclusive ones.

Edited by (PS4)friedricetheman

Speaking from a Grandmasters perspective I don't care in the least if those items came back, but fair is far, if I paid $250 or whatever for Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime and like, I dunno, 6k platinum but so should everyone else who wants those items, there's no reason not to re-release them as paid content, besides more money for the Warframe devs means a better game for *ALL* of us, so exclusive stuff doesn't need to be exclusive but it would suck if they give it to players for free, like normal weapons or frames, that would be a big F U to us early adopters and people who saw the potential that this game had from the begging.

Now from the perspective of a guy that's been around the block once or twice when it comes to MMO's then yeah there's definitely exclusive items due to the fact that most online games hold events and such with special loot, that's just the nature of the beast, if you are not there then you miss out.

DE should bake events into a storyline mode so that players who come back after a break can get the full story.

That way, they also won't need to bring rewards back in later events (to stop the flood of "what do *I* get out of this?!" cries from the players who have those items already).

DE has officially stated in a live stream that the past event rewards will be returning in the future in other events.

The only things that WONT be returning are:

-Founder Gear (Excal, Lato and Skana prime)

-Closed beta exclusives (Braton and Lato Vandal)

All other exclusive weapons have a chance at returning at some point, so just keep playing.

Event mods were never stated to be exclusive.  They just haven't made their way into the drop table and I hope they get in their soon.

Could I have a source on the Closed Beta items?

Usually by what i've played here, is goes something like this.

Is it nice, but not entirely needed? Like, more of a cosmetic version but with a bitter higher stats, Lato vandal, Brato Vandal, you have one chance and it's done.

That is the case for the founder package and a few other lato and braton vandal if not mistaken

Now, as for other stuff, stuff that directly have an impact ingame, like "nightmarish" mods from Tethras Doom, they're pretty recent, so in 1 or 2 months we should have them. Just like when the Nightmare mods now, they were from an event, a 1/2 months later were added to Nightmare mode.

It's just a matter of time.

Go and max out your serration. Any mediocre rifle will become at least decent with a maxed serration.

Trust me.

I couldn't compete with the big boys until I maxed out the essential mods. And yes, I joined the party pretty late too.

Your main priority as a new player is to either max out serration or point blank. Then, max out redirection and vitality next. From there on, life in Warframe should be easier.

Missing out on exclusive or timed events is not a be all, end all scenario. I know cos I missed out on 90% of the events in warframe because I joined in December last year.

But I am still able to play very high level content without Excalibur prime or snipertron vandal.

It's the essential mods which are important and not event exclusive ones.

Yeah listen to this guy first XD.

Alternatively max point blank and then hornet strike, since a rank 5 PB is easy to get and there are enough shotguns to mess around.

Leveling serration and Hornet strike together will bankrupt you quickly.

Yeah listen to this guy first XD.

Alternatively max point blank and then hornet strike, since a rank 5 PB is easy to get and there are enough shotguns to mess around.

Leveling serration and Hornet strike together will bankrupt you quickly.

Too lazy to quote the guy but

Its not be all end all but it still sucks just as much

While I'm inclined to agree, due to how black and white it's stated, that was said more than a year ago - and what has seemed to happen is that policies regarding those types of previously exclusive items has evolved in the back of DE's collective consciousness as the game has grown from a simple idea into the company's lifeblood. If there hasn't been a recent statement about these types of policies within the past 4 or 5 months or so, we really need DE to re-address their feelings about these types of things explicitly in order to tell us how things work now. In short, let's not assume old data like this is still being followed religiously until stated otherwise.

Page 5 or post 5?  'Cause I read both and DE touches on neither one regarding Founders swag or exclusive items.

EDIT: That's also from May of 2013...

You misunderstood why he quoted that - BrotherIcarus was saying that DE has only specifically recently stated that only Founders items are remaining exclusive, whereas Vandals and Wraiths are possibly subject to return. Brontolith then retorted by quoting an old post that basically says "Vandals aren't coming back ever." 

-snip-

You misunderstood why he quoted that - BrotherIcarus was saying that DE has only specifically recently stated that only Founders items are remaining exclusive, whereas Vandals and Wraiths are possibly subject to return. Brontolith then retorted by quoting an old post that basically says "Vandals aren't coming back ever." 

Thank you for clarifying that.  (no sarcasm)  

I didn't know cause its still considered beta and it seems there is a high amount of exclusive stuff that comes from events that normally a released game would host. This "beta" seems to have hosted a lot of events with a lot of things i cannot obtain and it feels like its slowing down.

I understand people like exclusive stuff but there are so many things i never got like the Vandals and exclusive mods that would really help me do more damage. it feels like people have a 50% boost over anyone who joins now. I feel kinda jipped cause this game wasn't advertised to the public enough and i joined in late.

I wanted to use the machete for fun even if its weaker then the skana. Event mods seem to be very powerful. It makes me feel like i'll never be as good as everyone else who joined sooner. I know exclusive has to mean something to people but it feels Overly exclusive.

Most online games have events or exclusive items only available to players who played the game at that time. Seems like common practice.