Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel Punished For Not Knowing About Warframe Sooner.

Lancars

Warframe really caters to people who like to collect things, and it has a big emphasis on expanding your arsenal of weapons and frames, so why do some of you find it so surprising that people get more worked up over exclusives than in other games?

That one missing exclusive is going to inevitably be more bothersome here than in say, WoW of GW2.

Yeah but you know that if you would discriminate way more the people who were in time here. Imagine if you would spent 120 dollars of money for a promise of something exclusive and the day after the deal was off. They would then go around that promise and screw you over and give it for free if time would be invested. Would you be OK with the decision that you were screwed over and basically they stole 120 dollars from you.

This is the aspect people tend to forget. Indeed, this is a dilemma but I feel that it is best not to annoy off those people, who are responsible for the game to get here in the first place and being paying customers or present customers. Yes, it sucks if you missed stuff but honestly it is something that you have to learn to live with. There are plenty of situations in life that award activity like getting a job or being a long time customer to get VIP treatment.

This is just the nature of things. I am sure that if there was a better solution to all this, we would use it but there simply isn't. I agree that exclusivity is bad for the game and it is bad for the industry. The problem comes when you have to sell something and this is where the exclusive marketing trick kicks in. Human nature wants to be awarded for their efforts. There would had not been reason to buy a founder status if the offers would have been lackbuster and for a price that high, there has to be pretty good stuff to seal the deal for the user.

This is why modern FPS shooters are filled with achievements, rank ups, attachments and all that crazy stuff because it satisfies our naturist needs. But since no compromise will yield good results, it is better to take the safer option and have as many people playing instead of risking the current playerbase to satisfy the new players who came after some rewards. As it stands, the whole community is way bigger than few players who are late to the party.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

I'm hoping the event items will be available as rewards again when the Questing system is implemented.

Although, if so, I am hoping DE makes them a bit harder to obtain through Questing than through the original events the Quests will be based on.

Edited by DietEbolaCola

Yeah but you know that if you would discriminate way more the people who were in time here. Imagine if you would spent 120 dollars of money for a promise of something exclusive and the day after the deal was off. They would then go around that promise and screw you over and give it for free if time would be invested. Would you be OK with the decision that you were screwed over and basically they stole 120 dollars from you.

This is the aspect people tend to forget. Indeed, this is a dilemma but I feel that it is best not to annoy off those people, who are responsible for the game to get here in the first place and being paying customers or present customers. Yes, it sucks if you missed stuff but honestly it is something that you have to learn to live with. There are plenty of situations in life that award activity like getting a job or being a long time customer to get VIP treatment.

This is just the nature of things. I am sure that if there was a better solution to all this, we would use it but there simply isn't. I agree that exclusivity is bad for the game and it is bad for the industry. The problem comes when you have to sell something and this is where the exclusive marketing trick kicks in. Human nature wants to be awarded for their efforts. There would had not been reason to buy a founder status if the offers would have been lackbuster and for a price that high, there has to be pretty good stuff to seal the deal for the user.

This is why modern FPS shooters are filled with achievements, rank ups, attachments and all that crazy stuff because it satisfies our naturist needs. But since no compromise will yield good results, it is better to take the safer option and have as many people playing instead of risking the current playerbase to satisfy the new players who came after some rewards. As it stands, the whole community is way bigger than few players who are late to the party.

Most players came after the founder status and most were late to the party

Most players came after the founder status and most were late to the party

If I'm late to a exclusive pizza party with famous people and missed it I don't go yelling at the creator to throw it again because I missed it. Same can be said for founder gear.

If I'm late to a exclusive pizza party with famous people and missed it I don't go yelling at the creator to throw it again because I missed it. Same can be said for founder gear.

Whos yelling?

I only see people asking for a slice

Is it unreasonable to save some for others?

DE has officially stated in a live stream that the past event rewards will be returning in the future in other events.

The only things that WONT be returning are:

-Founder Gear (Excal, Lato and Skana prime)

-Closed beta exclusives (Braton and Lato Vandal)

All other exclusive weapons have a chance at returning at some point, so just keep playing.

Event mods were never stated to be exclusive.  They just haven't made their way into the drop table and I hope they get in their soon.

What about that badge thingy?

Whos yelling?

I only see people asking for a slice

Is it unreasonable to save some for others?

Well if you wanted a slice you should of came early now there is no more to give! D:

Edited by alphex2357

Until cosmetics have an effect on gameplay, they're pointless.

That said, offering unavailable cosmetics in the Market for Platinum could work. Those who got them first got them for free, those who didn't have an incentive to buy Plat, and DE theoretically gets more money.

Well if you wanted a slice you should of came early now there is no more to give! D:

Theres plenty if DE ever rereleases it

It could be at the same price others paid or more but at least theres a chance to get it

Im mostly after excalibro prime myself

Would love to have him on my collection

Edited by Azawarau

A perfect analogy!

Except for the tiny fact that the people who threw the party could create new pizza at virtually no effort and absolutely no cost to themselves, except for everybody who was invited to the first party getting pissy.

A perfect analogy!

Except for the tiny fact that the people who threw the party could create new pizza at virtually no effort and absolutely no cost to themselves, except for everybody who was invited to the first party getting &!$$y.

Unless, as in this case, they are contractually obligated by the advertising scheme they used to retain exclusivity of said pizza.  I have never seen people complain more about a limited time release in my freaking life.  Seriously I would love to have Excalibur Prime, but would you look at that.  The clock done ran out.  I am outta lucky, your outta luck, if I had children they would be outta luck, the pope... outta luck...   OH MY GOD TIME HAS MARCHED ON AND I CAN'T ACCEPT IT!!!!! Oh sweet Jesus why can't I get the collectors edition Burger King Lord of The Rings Cups!??!! 

But serioulsy they said no.  No means no.  Learn to live with it.

For the most part I imagine that many of the event exclusive mods (like the ciciro crisis mods) may be made available to those that missed out in the future through updated drop tables, bosses etc. As far as the aesthetic stuff goes, that will likely stay exclusive but is much less of an issue. For the most part if you are really hankering to grab some of the exclusive mods you missed out on all I can suggest is try the trading channel. People are selling them from time to time. Its expensive and normally for plat but at this stage thats your only option. I do feel you pain though. I took a massive break from WF and came back to find out I had missed out on a bunch of cool stuff. But thats how it goes I guess.

You are wrong, from time to time the exclusive mods became like you say :

equilibrium is now a regular drop on Phorid before it was only avail from event OR transmute

All mods are avail for transmute even the so-called exclusive.

But you might aswell spent billion of cred and get nothing but trash...like i did past 10 transmute 4 rare each time got only one rare melee stance for hammer and 9 common...doh. ;)

Even some exclusive stuff become avail (and some normal stuff get out like the snipertron (which was a not so a great loss)), the brakk is a drop, detron too.

It s all about RNG :D

Edited by Jawk5