The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Considering Transistor?

Anatolius

'Considering'.

Man, I was hooked when they showed the reveal trailer.

I was a little iffy at first about a year ago when they mentioned it

but after more recently

I ended up throwing my money at the computer waiting for it to release

yea well... it looks good... but i dont like the main character... she looks kinda boring, i am definitely waiting on this one though http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=179340415 which is quite similar, but with a more interesing art style.

My first impressions from the screens are "sci-fi pixel-art Dark Souls".

That's three yesses, you're going to hollywood!

Was considering it myself, but see...

The things I loved about Bastion I doubt would be included in Transistor.

1). The 'Old West' style (art, and the freaking music... God I loved the old west music)

2). The narrator.

3). Having a HUGE variety of loadouts in Bastion. (They make it sound like you got that sword and that's it).

Bastion was just... that diamond that was done perfectly. Good controls, a ridiculously good weapon variety (I loved how they gave you NO restrictions whatsoever, and if you dared choose the Calamity Cannon and the Galleon Mortar, the narrator would call you out on it!).

The shield blocking mechanic was perfect, the rolls worked perfectly, everything was just perfect.

I'm kinda afraid Transistor... well I dunno. I'll wait a little on it. Interested in it, but I'm wondering if it could live up to what Bastion was.

EDIT: YAY Totalbiscuit has a WTF is video on this.

*watches*

Oooo. Okay this looks much cooler than I thought.

Edited by Xylia

Was considering it myself, but see...

The things I loved about Bastion I doubt would be included in Transistor.

1). The 'Old West' style (art, and the freaking music... God I loved the old west music)

2). The narrator.

3). Having a HUGE variety of loadouts in Bastion. (They make it sound like you got that sword and that's it).

Bastion was just... that diamond that was done perfectly. Good controls, a ridiculously good weapon variety (I loved how they gave you NO restrictions whatsoever, and if you dared choose the Calamity Cannon and the Galleon Mortar, the narrator would call you out on it!).

The shield blocking mechanic was perfect, the rolls worked perfectly, everything was just perfect.

I'm kinda afraid Transistor... well I dunno. I'll wait a little on it. Interested in it, but I'm wondering if it could live up to what Bastion was.

EDIT: YAY Totalbiscuit has a WTF is video on this.

*watches*

Oooo. Okay this looks much cooler than I thought.

2 and 3 are basically back.

i have a pretty good power set right now, and the limiter is a good idea, kind of what we could expect on wf, actually, a good chunk of mechanic could be applied to it

wtsi installed a limiter that multiplies by 2every dmg made by enemies and now i know what happens when last resort is not enough .. one of your equipped mods is saturated (i play with a 3 power load out ... its dumb actually, i'll remember to equip a dump power in the fourth slot :x), unusable until you visit more save point :x this is SMART

and the way of combining the power allow nearly oll variety of strategic move ... brilliant, really. when you see her amd, you ll laugh a bit ^^

Edited by kimahn