Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get Beach On Earth?

traficonserv

While beaches are out of the question, could we see some Crysis 3 level overgrowth (tall grass, thick moss, etc) on Earth?

i don't think that's even close to the level of overgrowth that's supposed to be there.

trees have probably grown through buildings by now, splitting them into pieces, Et Cetera.

we'd probably be just as likely to see piles of rubble here and there as we would see actually open ground anywhere. hehe.

Expanding on this, it might be nice to see the remnants of familiar settings, maybe landmarks a la Planet of the Apes?

And regarding beaches: Even if they're polluted all to hell, it might be nice to see what can come out of that. Could make for interesting level and platforming challenges, and some more varied creature designs.

since 70% of planet earth is water, can we get beach on earth?

and by beach i mean not entirely sandy beach, but maybe some cliff where we can see the ocean.

we already have forest map, why not include sea as well? :D

although maybe not a playable map, but at least we can have ocean just for the view

photodune-4088822-beauty-beach-and-limes

zegema beach. because we have what it takes to be a citi... wait, a tenno, definitely a tenno

Edited by kimahn

Earth as we know it has been completely ruined and exploited by the Grineer. Nature tries to fight back as you can see on the current Earth level set but I would not expect to see sandy beaches and nice blue oceans there for a long, long time.

I think what they meant to say is that they don't have the spare time or resources to work on something that isn't a top priority and /or it doesn't mesh with the game's "serious tone"

Because if the planet is sustaining a lush jungle then it clearly still has large bodies of water somewhere, and it's not like the Grinner went and removed all the sand from the planet.

Earth as we know it has been completely ruined and exploited by the Grineer. Nature tries to fight back as you can see on the current Earth level set but I would not expect to see sandy beaches and nice blue oceans there for a long, long time.

How come you can say that? I mean, you're a fish, you should DEMAND a beach :D

Killer waves dude... Killer waves...

I think what they meant to say is that they don't have the spare time or resources to work on something that isn't a top priority and /or it doesn't mesh with the game's "serious tone"

Because if the planet is sustaining a lush jungle then it clearly still has large bodies of water somewhere, and it's not like the Grinner went and removed all the sand from the planet.

Where do you think they got all that glass for all those starships? HUH?

In that case, will there be changes to Earth as the game and story move along?  For example, Earth defense maps where the Tenno protect some terraforming equipment in a future update and a cleaner looking planet in a future future update?

In that case, will there be changes to Earth as the game and story move along?  For example, Earth defense maps where the Tenno protect some terraforming equipment in a future update and a cleaner looking planet in a future future update?

Cicero event is us specifically DESTROYING the grineer terraforming equipment to keep them from colonizing earth.

Doubt the beach would look like that, considering all the water we have seen so far has been some kind of toxic sludge.

Beaches nope 

Swampy polluted beaches with petrol and toxic stuff and clone rejects, possible :D

grineer is losing against the nature on earth.

proven by their destructed buildings which get "eaten" by the trees.

and since the rivers are still crystal clear, shouldnt the sea clean as well? (just my opinion)

and its not really have to be sandy beach.

it could be some destroyed galleon ship that has fallen to the ocean, connected to the forest map with a suspension bridge (or the roots from the trees).

Cicero event is us specifically DESTROYING the grineer terraforming equipment to keep them from colonizing earth.

Right.  The Grineer are there to exploit and ruin the planet, and we stopped them from making it look like Ceres, but the Tenno can set up equipment to help clean things up.  After the Tenno kick the Grineer off the planet, the Grineer would be trying to sabotage our restoration efforts by messing with the Tenno terraforming equipment.  We're supposedly helping humanity, so it makes sense for us to make Earth suitable for the humans to return.