Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Open/ic] The Arcadia Night Market

Arunafeltz

"We charge 400 credits per night for the luxury suites." the receptionist replied. "As for food, our dining halls serve meals prepared by chefs trained in the culinary arts of Old Earth."

"Hmmm, fair enough, I'll take the room please, also Earth food mmmmm haven't had one in ages." he said rubbing his stomach. "Say are you fond of Earth stuff? I personally like their things. Only thing is I don't know why I feel that way, strange huh?"

"Very well sir. Your drink will be brought to you in a minute." replied the little blonde waitress, passing on his order to the barista. He seemed to tut a little as he reached for the container of sweetener that sat in a neglected corner of his bar. Pouring the coffee into a cup, he sprinkled in the crystals and handed it to the waitress, who skipped over merrily to her customer to serve him his drink.

"Enjoy!" she said, ending with a bow.

"thanks." he replied, removing his helmet and sipping the Latte. He never saw a Tenno without his/her helmet on before, at least not personally, although he did hear about this kind of things before.

"Of course, miss." Soling replied cheerfully, quite surprised at all the visiting Tenno. "Perhaps you'd like to try our specialty brew?"

"As long as it's not completely tasteless, sure. Why not?" Two said. "By the way, what's all that commotion about?" she asked pointing in the general direction of Crab.

"Hmmm, fair enough, I'll take the room please, also Earth food mmmmm haven't had one in ages." he said rubbing his stomach. "Say are you fond of Earth stuff? I personally like their things. Only thing is I don't know why I feel that way, strange huh?"

"Here's your keycard, sir." the receptionist replied. Thinking a little about his next question, she added "Well, not much products come out of the colonies there these days. But many plants only grow in that climate, I really love their giant bananas in particular. Mmm, I think you can find some fruit vendors vending produce imported from Earth in the Night Market."

"As long as it's not completely tasteless, sure. Why not?" Two said. "By the way, what's all that commotion about?" she asked pointing in the general direction of Crab.

"Very well sir, I'll have your drink brought to you in a minute." said Soling, waving over to the barista to make sure that he heard that order. She glanced over at the two Tenno seated with the civillian mother and daughter and remembered their noisy encounter. "Oh, I think one of them there recognizes the other as his friend. Guess he was really happy to see him."

Jerry decided to visit one of the pizzeria's he'd never had many of the old-earthen foods himself but found that the taste was something that is easily enjoyable. After his meal he decided to walk around inspecting some of the stalls that catered to Tenno design and fashion, syndanas, replications of ornamental pieces. What he kept a special eye for were any sellers of Tenno or Orokin style robes.

(sorry it's been a while since i posted)

"Very well sir, I'll have your drink brought to you in a minute." said Soling, waving over to the barista to make sure that he heard that order. She glanced over at the two Tenno seated with the civillian mother and daughter and remembered their noisy encounter. "Oh, I think one of them there recognizes the other as his friend. Guess he was really happy to see him."

"Sorry, but I am not a "Sir", miss." Two said with a smile. Still, the helmet and the damaged vocal cords probably didn`t help to convince the young lady.

Crab stop stoped sipping for a moment to sit up and look around.

"So much Tenno"

"Hmm.."

Crab stood up and mentioned to a nearby Waitress:

"If i may ask for future reference, how much does this place have in the way of a little music?"

Edited by Giant_enemy_Crab

As Mara sat down with her meal and eat, she examined the knives and forks she used before continuing her meal, being slow and careful with her meal with her meat. Once finished, She put down a tip of 100 credits and left to explore the market once more

Crab stop stoped sipping for a moment to sit up and look around.

"So much Tenno"

"Hmm.."

Crab stood up and mentioned to a nearby Waitress:

"If i may ask for future reference, how much does this place have in the way of a little music?"

That...does not sound so good.

Infinium was quite aware of what Crab did as a Vauban, but he was behaving himself so there was no need for action. Yet.

"Oi, no Seizure Cages. "

Aware that his previous request got no answer, and the waitress was on her way, he waited until after she had spoken.

"G'day miss. Could I order a, what's it called, Latte...Macciata?"

He looked at Jane and Charlotte.

"Do you you two, er, want to order anything else?"

"Understood. Prepare for departure."

The garage doors opened to the snub fighter access to the Hangar, where ships flew in and out. An express departure lane was assigned to the fighter for it to leave the Hangar as quickly as possible.

-snip-

Umbra boarded his corvette and quickly changed into his operational gear before boarding his snub fighter and disembarking.

Umbra's operational gear included a Snipetron Vandal, Brakk and Dakra Prime, and a black-and-white colour scheme Ash Warframe. The Snipetron Vandal was loaded with Toxin rounds, as was the Brakk, while the Dakra was edged with Viral modifications. The Ash warframe was marked with Immortal colours; white lines standing out on the black and grey camouflage, with Deadlus-variant armour modifications on its chest, legs and right shoulder.

Easy money, Umbra thought to himself as he flew off. Probably going to be chewing on those words by the time I get back.

Infinium was quite aware of what Crab did as a Vauban, but he was behaving himself so there was no need for action. Yet.

"Oi, no Seizure Cages. "

Aware that his previous request got no answer, and the waitress was on her way, he waited until after she had spoken.

"Aww.. But i can't hold that promise forever.."

Crab sighed and leaned against a wall, taking notes on who was what and trying to figure out the abnormally high amount of Tenno.

A snub fighter approached the Night Market. It looked rather battered, with signs that it had been hit with some rather heavy fire.

"This is Tenno operative Umbra, requesting docking permission. Preferably and engineering bay. And can I also get some directions to the medical ward? Ran afoul of an old friend."

"Oi, no Seizure Cages. "

"Of course, sir. I won't be long." said Soling, returning to the barista to relay his order.

"Oh, um no thank you. I think we're done for now." Jane replied, setting down her now empty cup on her saucer. Little Charlotte was also done with her milkshake, and was staring at Crab quite curiously. The Tenno were characters in many bedtime stories her mother told her in the crib, and here she was having tea break with them. 

"Here you are, sir!"

Soling returned with a wide round mug of very frothy milk, with a thick layer of coffee at the top. She served Infinium his drink then cleared the empty glasses from the table, giving another small bow before taking her leave.

As Mara sat down with her meal and eat, she examined the knives and forks she used before continuing her meal, being slow and careful with her meal with her meat. Once finished, She put down a tip of 100 credits and left to explore the market once more

The calm and idle atmosphere of the Village gradually changed to a noisy, crowded and bustling one as she reached the Market. Here was where everyone was busy eating, drinking, shopping, working and generally having a good time. The Night Market, although full of stalls and shops, was still a park. Reserved fields of grass and tall trees formed parts of the landscape, under which stood benches that seated those weary of walking. 

Umbra boarded his corvette and quickly changed into his operational gear before boarding his snub fighter and disembarking.

Umbra's operational gear included a Snipetron Vandal, Brakk and Dakra Prime, and a black-and-white colour scheme Ash Warframe. The Snipetron Vandal was loaded with Toxin rounds, as was the Brakk, while the Dakra was edged with Viral modifications. The Ash warframe was marked with Immortal colours; white lines standing out on the black and grey camouflage, with Deadlus-variant armour modifications on its chest, legs and right shoulder.

Easy money, Umbra thought to himself as he flew off. Probably going to be chewing on those words by the time I get back.

Barely a minute after the corvette left the Hangar, it picked up a distress signal from the nearby asteroid belt. A large freighter soon came into view and headed directly for the Night Market's Hangar. Several parts of its hull were damaged, a gaping hole was visible at its turret pods and its external shield generators were powered down.

"Requesting aid in docking from the Night Market! Cargo Freight C-497 is under attack from a Grineer privateer vessel!"

A snub fighter approached the Night Market. It looked rather battered, with signs that it had been hit with some rather heavy fire.

"This is Tenno operative Umbra, requesting docking permission. Preferably and engineering bay. And can I also get some directions to the medical ward? Ran afoul of an old friend."

Is this the same character?

Are you skipping the encounter with the bounty?

well, I can't think of any pitched battle encounters. Just noodle incidents involving Stalker, a Red Veil hostage, the bounty target, a few thousand space shotgun rounds and the Lotus hacking into the HUD of everyone on that ship while dancing to "Lily the Pink" by The Scaffold

Well I'd still need a brief picture of what happened during the encounter so I can prepare a proper response from the captain when your character goes to collect the bounty. =)

Crab was sitting their quietly until he noticed Charlotte was staring at him, he smiled and looked back at Charlotte with a friendly little wave.

Charlotte waved back happily, now a lot less shy. The Tenno were quite big, but they weren't going to hurt her. Turning her attention back to the Rubik's Cube, she returned to trying to figure out how to play with it together with the Wyrm sentinel.

"Here's your keycard, sir." the receptionist replied. Thinking a little about his next question, she added "Well, not much products come out of the colonies there these days. But many plants only grow in that climate, I really love their giant bananas in particular. Mmm, I think you can find some fruit vendors vending produce imported from Earth in the Night Market."

"Awesome, I'll check them out later after I get my rest." he said as he takes the keycard and went up to the suite.

As what he expected, the luxury suite is full of very classy and expensive looking things. The couches and seat covers are genuine cotton covers and is very comfy to sit or to even lie down on, almost as comfortable as a bed. The master's bedroom has two king sized beds and is carpeted with maroon colored velvet, making him feel like a king. With all this fascination over, he immediately jumped on to the soft bed and rested his tired body.

---------

15 minutes had passed and at last Leica reached her destination, the Creamy Sands cafe, "Aaaaah finally here, time to unwind for a bit~" She enters the cafe and looks around, observing.

The crewman finished his drink, placed the credits on the counter and left, putting his helmet on. He decided to look around in the night market this place was famous for, as he received a message from Derneb, asking for some IU-340 Central Processor Units. He then looked for a stall selling electronics, and went to it and asked the shopkeeper for 5 IU-340 Central Processing units.

The crewman finished his drink, placed the credits on the counter and left, putting his helmet on. He decided to look around in the night market this place was famous for, as he received a message from Derneb, asking for some IU-340 Central Processor Units. He then looked for a stall selling electronics, and went to it and asked the shopkeeper for 5 IU-340 Central Processing units.

"Mmhm. Yeah, let me get them for you."

The operator of the electronics stall outlet radioed his customer's request to the warehouse. A delivery Osprey arrived a minute later with the cargo, which the operator packaged on the spot and handed to the crewman in a plastic bag. "Thanks for shopping with us, sir."

15 minutes had passed and at last Leica reached her destination, the Creamy Sands cafe, "Aaaaah finally here, time to unwind for a bit~" She enters the cafe and looks around, observing.

"Welcome to the Creamy Sands~!" cried the petite blonde waitress as she entered. She tried her best to be helpful, eagerly clearing a table and ushering her to a vacant seat.

The Creamy Sands was a warmly-lit cafe with the atmosphere of an Old Earth afternoon coffee shop. It was run by experienced chefs and baristi from all over the system, and employed young students from Gradivus as its service crew. The waitresses here dressed in housemaid dresses and aprons, reminiscent of a style from an ancient era, and were attentive to their customers. It was business as usual today, the only thing different was that they seemed to have more Tenno guests than usual.

"Welcome to the Creamy Sands~!" cried the petite blonde waitress as she entered. She tried her best to be helpful, eagerly clearing a table and ushering her to a vacant seat.

The Creamy Sands was a warmly-lit cafe with the atmosphere of an Old Earth afternoon coffee shop. It was run by experienced chefs and baristi from all over the system, and employed young students from Gradivus as its service crew. The waitresses here dressed in housemaid dresses and aprons, reminiscent of a style from an ancient era, and were attentive to their customers. It was business as usual today, the only thing different was that they seemed to have more Tenno guests than usual.

"Thanks, it's good to see someone as jolly as you~" she is pretty much fascinated with people that are enthusiastic and energetic, as she is also somehow like that. "And please allow me to say this, -ehem- you are really pretty" Leica said while trying to sound as manly as she can to joke around. "I'm Leica, may I know your name so I could address you properly."

"Of course, sir. I won't be long." said Soling, returning to the barista to relay his order.

"Oh, um no thank you. I think we're done for now." Jane replied, setting down her now empty cup on her saucer. Little Charlotte was also done with her milkshake, and was staring at Crab quite curiously. The Tenno were characters in many bedtime stories her mother told her in the crib, and here she was having tea break with them. 

"Here you are, sir!"

Soling returned with a wide round mug of very frothy milk, with a thick layer of coffee at the top. She served Infinium his drink then cleared the empty glasses from the table, giving another small bow before taking her leave.

"Thank you." He replied with a curt nod, and withdrew the small faceplate between the top of the Frost's helm, and the collar.

Learning that it was a wee bit too hot for his liking, he quickly placed the coffee back down and waited for it to cool, before he thought of something.

Bringing the palms of his hands down to an incredibly low temperature, he put them around the mug and waited for a few seconds, before withdrawing them.

Picking up the mug again, he took another sip, this time the coffee at a much more palatable temperature. He remained quiet, as he knew how awkward that attempt at a conversation ended up.

Charlotte waved back happily, now a lot less shy. The Tenno were quite big, but they weren't going to hurt her. Turning her attention back to the Rubik's Cube, she returned to trying to figure out how to play with it together with the Wyrm sentinel.

Garbles however, was briefly distracted by the sudden appearance of the Carabus Sentinel. All he could do was release a nervous garble, before returning to playing with Charlotte.

He was worried because Dethcubes tended to have more serious personalities, and this was a Carabus; A grineer manufactured sentinel. His gaze returned to the sentinel evey now and again, if only to keep his eye on it.

Edited by InfiniumV

"Thanks, it's good to see someone as jolly as you~" she is pretty much fascinated with people that are enthusiastic and energetic, as she is also somehow like that. "And please allow me to say this, -ehem- you are really pretty" Leica said while trying to sound as manly as she can to joke around. "I'm Leica, may I know your name so I could address you properly."

The little waitress was overjoyed by her compliment. "Yay! Someone finally said I'm pre- oh um. My name is Lilly, at your service!"

She ended her introduction with a little curtsy, her long blonde pigtails bouncing up and down as she seemed to skip on the spot. She was much younger than the other waitresses that worked here, but her over-eagerness and childish energy made her a likable employee all the same.

"Thank you." He replied with a curt nod, and withdrew the small faceplate between the top of the Frost's helm, and the collar.

Learning that it was a wee bit too hot for his liking, he quickly placed the coffee back down and waited for it to cool, before he thought of something.

Bringing the palms of his hands down to an incredibly low temperature, he put them around the mug and waited for a few seconds, before withdrawing them.

Picking up the mug again, he took another sip, this time the coffee at a much more palatable temperature. He remained quiet, as he knew how awkward that attempt at a conversation ended up.

Jane was impressed by this simple demonstration of the Warframe's ability, but chose to watch quietly. The tempered glass that the beverage mug was made of managed to withstand the sudden dip in temperature, though ripples appeared in the latte as the glass shrunk slightly. A snowflake managed to form in the air as the air cooled, floating over and landing on Charlotte's tiny nose. She went cross-eyed from trying to gaze at it, giggling as it melted away.

"Prettyyyyyyyy." she said, still waving the Rubik's Cube up and down.