Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legendary Myth Dubbed "gleaming Talon"

SnoWidget

Random Number Generator. Sometimes it is that difficult, sometimes not. It's, you know, random ...

If you chase a butterfly, you won't catch it. If you stop chasing it and focus on something else, it will flutter to you and gently sit on your shoulder.

If you chase a butterfly, you won't catch it. If you stop chasing it and focus on something else, it will flutter to you and gently sit on your shoulder.

The actions of the butterfly isn't RNG, it's animal instinct, which can be predicted and anticipated. RNG is not the same thing. One day, I could be swimming in Tranquil Cleaves with every kill, and the next I won't even glimpse a Rare mod. Some people can search for Tranquil Cleave actively and get it after a reasonable number of tries, some people could get it on their first time playing, and some people might never see Tranquil Cleave no matter how hard they farm. RNG is not about your effort or your intention, it's simply probability at work.

Edited by LGear

Not only does Gleaming Talon's combos look totally awesome, they also trivialize anything involving Infested due to its CC and AoE attacks.

Surely not worth it to just farm for it and get mad over it. Enjoy the game, look at the scenery, the stance will come on its own accord (I hear looking out into the mountains in the Corpus Outpost helps to calm one's emotions). 

(edit)

Transmute:   4 rare mods with a dash polarity, 36000 credits, and I get...   Shield Flux. A common. Worth nothing.

A common mod, worth nothing, but the only mod you can only get though Transmutation.  So if you're a completionist, or simply want to run for nearly forever, that is a hard to find mod, otherwise... kinda pointless.

The actions of the butterfly isn't RNG, it's animal instinct, which can be predicted and anticipated. RNG is not the same thing. One day, I could be swimming in Tranquil Cleaves with every kill, and the next I won't even glimpse a Rare mod.

Its a metaphor. Know how when you aren't actively hunting for a certain item it will eventually show up? Yeah that.

Hue because a mod that drops from a rare enemy  that only spawns in a few places can just appear by marathoning voids :3

Both our arguments are invalid 

Godspeed :D and no hard feelings

Its a metaphor. Know how when you aren't actively hunting for a certain item it will eventually show up? Yeah that.

If you're going for analogy, the pot boiling when you're not looking at it might be better.

Point is, RNG can even screw over people who aren't actively hunting for a certain item, because they may never even get it. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

At the very least RNG gives the Trade Chat meaning...

buying it with plats reduces the hunt!!

so you could log-off

and do

smth

else.

I have been convinced that this real time simulation called reality is nothing but a lie now, we all live in a computer, a computer enforcing the ideal of RNG,

DO YOU HEAR ME? 

OBAMA HAS DECEIVED YOU ALL! LIFE IS A LIIIEEEE.

This probably has been said too many times already, but transmutation can potentially be your friend. That's how I obtained mine.

I just did 8 transmutations with rare mods i had to spare to have a recent example for it. I got 6 uncommon mods and 2 rare mods out of it, none which were any stance mod.

The whole thing costed around 300,000 credits. So it's not really a good advice unless someone gets lucky, which is exactly the problem. Too much LUCK being required.

I received Gleaming Talon the first day it was available. If GT was as difficult as you make it seem, wouldn't the mod be selling for hundreds of platinum?

And thousands of other players are still chasing it after months. Don't make it sound like everything is right with the drop rate or putting a promoted (Scott made a big deal about showing it off, so i call that promoted) stance on a rare enemy as rare drop right is perfectly fair.

Also it's not so common on the market either because not enough people get it to spare it, or because everyone is mainly because the Glaive is still a niche weapon.

Yeah I wish we had a system which didn't require MMO-like grinding...

I wish i could trade in mods for points and the use said points to buy better mods of my choice. Is that some people refer to as a token system?

I'm sitting on hundreds of common mods, but using them in fusion would just be tedious, since i also still have enough cores which get upgrades done better.

We would still have RNG and the requirement for farming, but at least we wouldn't get close to madness with it.

Edited by Othergrunty

A common mod, worth nothing, but the only mod you can only get though Transmutation.  So if you're a completionist, or simply want to run for nearly forever, that is a hard to find mod, otherwise... kinda pointless.

I already had one and never use it.

I don't know what it's like on Xini, but on Cupid, Uranus, Leech Ospreys and Elite Crewman spawn very often. It's also a Survival, so you can just keep killing.

The problem isn't finding leech ospreys, it's getting the bastards to drop the mod. :(