Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Contest: Codex Art Refresh

[DE]Megan

So! HI! I wasnt really sure if I wanted or not to enter in this contest.. because I already say I wanted to focus more in learn new stuff then keep doin fanarts BUT I won't gonna lie I seriously like the idea to be in the codex IN THE GAME! WOW! that would be amazing.. so f*ck it I give it a try!

(be warn, the normal size is 4449x5225!)

Ok I feel I have to explain a little bit about it... very short: Vor finds him, he get close to excalibur, Vor stares the entire pod broken and he thinks the tenno is SUPER DEAD! but then, he wakes up, and cought him fast on his throat! but the tenno is also trapped on the pod due to the plants! hmm.. how this would it end D: ?!

Painted entirely with PHOTOSHOP CS6

Nds4BCv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Nds4BCv.jpg

/ / /WARNING! GIANT WALL OF TEXT INCOMING! / / /

You saw it? you like it? awesome!, then now I gues I gonna talk a bit about my entry! (if you don't care about this stuff you better just don't read 'coz is pretty borring stuff)

This thing has prolly 20+ hours in, it really took my time with this and is not really the time, or the amount of detail I put into it that makes an art good but to me is more about the whole build up of the piece, like the changes and tweaks that I make to my works along the way while making them is what I like the most and also what hurts me the most, why? because in 1 call I may dump hours of works because I found this new thing would look better then the previous thing! I know is not clear enough so, say with Vor, I f*cking painted him the entire back and shoulder and in some point decided would be better to push him back and put the tenno in the center, and right there 2+ hours of work went streight to garbage! but was worth it, it looks way better like this (to me at least)

Anyway, in short I do care about details and make it look good, however, honestly speakin, anybody can add details to their fine arts~ and hope everybody see more then just a detailed art here and don't go for "look how detailed this is" that doesnt makes me happy at all lol

Last thing I wanna say about my entry, is that I really wanted to make a whole enviroment but I'm not good at that stuff (sadly) and I admire everybody that has the balls to go all out and make a whole enviroment art 'coz thats freakin hard and I respect that very much. If you can do that stuff... to me, you're awesome! (saw a few who did that around this thread, gotta say, amazing cool stuff!)

I also wanna say that I saw a lot of cool art in this contest and even tho I really care to be in the codex, I have to wish everybody good luck with this! and if any of the other pieces I saw here beats me, I won't be surprised coz YOU have an amazing art! (...ill be super sad if I don't made it into the codex tho... sorry that I'm brutally honest lol)

Big thanks for read people! and see you in game :D

(be sure to hang out on my deviantart page, I will have my full png 50mb! version of this avaible OPEN for download!)

Edited by GatsuRage

(Might want to click to enlarge, I can't get the full resolution version to work on the forums.)

ATennoAwakenedZeroJackdaw.jpg

Click for higher res--> http://i.imgur.com/xTUIcOW.jpg

Don't you just hate it when you're having a good dream. Making out with the Lotus and all along it was some Kubrow licking your helmet. Excalibur can't cut a break. Its bad enough he got caught sleep channeling now he has to deal with Kubrow spit. XD

This was really fun. Perhaps the longest painting I've ever done. Since there wasn't anything in the rules that stated maximum measurements I hope this is okay. Also great work by all the other entries. Reading through them was a treat. Good luck to everyone. :D

wow. just wow. i loved this more than words can express. they should use this for the new user experience, starting the game like this would be awesome. too bad i can't give more than 1 upvote. :D :D :D

So! HI! I wasnt really sure if I wanted or not to enter in this contest.. because I already say I wanted to focus more in learn new stuff then keep doin fanarts BUT I won't gonna lie I seriously like the idea to be in the codex IN THE GAME! WOW! that would be amazing.. so f*ck it I give it a try!

Click on SPOILER for See MY BEST warframe fine fan art of all time!

(be warn, the normal size is 4449x5225!)

Ok I feel I have to explain a little bit about it... very short: Vor finds him, he get close to excalibur, Vor stares the entire pod broken and he thinks the tenno is SUPER DEAD! but then, he wakes up, and cought him fast on his throat! but the tenno is also trapped on the pod due to the plants! hmm.. how this would it end D: ?!

Nds4BCv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Nds4BCv.jpg

/ / /WARNING! GIANT WALL OF TEXT INCOMING! / / /

You saw it? you like it? awesome!, then now I gues I gonna talk a bit about my entry! (if you don't care about this stuff you better just don't read 'coz is pretty borring stuff)

This thing has prolly 20+ hours in, it really took my time with this and is not really the time, or the amount of detail I put into it that makes an art good but to me is more about the whole build up of the piece, like the changes and tweaks that I make to my works along the way while making them is what I like the most and also what hurts me the most, why? because in 1 call I may dump hours of works because I found this new thing would look better then the previous thing! I know is not clear enough so, say with Vor, I f*cking painted him the entire back and shoulder and in some point decided would be better to push him back and put the tenno in the center, and right there 2+ hours of work went streight to garbage! but was worth it, it looks way better like this (to me at least)

Anyway, in short I do care about details and make it look good, however, honestly speakin, anybody can add details to their fine arts~ and hope everybody see more then just a detailed art here and don't go for "look how detailed this is" that doesnt makes me happy at all lol

Last thing I wanna say about my entry, is that I really wanted to make a whole enviroment but I'm not good at that stuff (sadly) and I admire everybody that has the balls to go all out and make a whole enviroment art 'coz thats freakin hard and I respect that very much. If you can do that stuff... to me, you're awesome! (saw a few who did that around this thread, gotta say, amazing cool stuff!)

I also wanna say that I saw a lot of cool art in this contest and even tho I really care to be in the codex, I have to wish everybody good luck with this! and if any of the other pieces I saw here beats me, I won't be surprised coz YOU have an amazing art! (...ill be super sad if I don't made it into the codex tho... sorry that I'm brutally honest lol)

Big thanks for read people! and see you in game :D

(be sure to hang out on my deviantart page, I will have my full png 50mb! version of this avaible OPEN for download!)

I didn't see link to devianart  xD

I just started  playing devianart recenly  maybe we can be buddy ;]

Edited by Goffee

Very nice work, but I wonder why people make Valkyr so ugly all the time.. Sure, she's filled with rage, but isn't there even 1 person out there that can make her beautiful as well? She's my favorite frame, and to be honest, there isn't a single good unmasked Valkyr out there on the whole internet.. I've been searching, but I simply can't find even a single one.

>> Anyone care to fix that?

Maybe you can, this art is very nice, except for the head, that one isn't nice at all in my opinion, sorry. Don't feel bad tho, haven't found a single amazing unmasked Valkyr so far :'(

Well done. Hopefully it will become even better, we'll see...

This is set basically right at the pint of being released. Have you seen any pretty glamed up prisoners?

Just slapping on some make up and maing her "pretty" defies the characters origin, making her beautiful would be an insult to the character personally. It would take away from the character what makes her, her.

(Might want to click to enlarge, I can't get the full resolution version to work on the forums.)

ATennoAwakenedZeroJackdaw.jpg

Click for higher res--> http://i.imgur.com/xTUIcOW.jpg

Don't you just hate it when you're having a good dream. Making out with the Lotus and all along it was some Kubrow licking your helmet. Excalibur can't cut a break. Its bad enough he got caught sleep channeling now he has to deal with Kubrow spit. XD

This was really fun. Perhaps the longest painting I've ever done. Since there wasn't anything in the rules that stated maximum measurements I hope this is okay. Also great work by all the other entries. Reading through them was a treat. Good luck to everyone. :D

Hahha Tenno! You have better take a place!

Am I really awake?

I can't tell the difference anymore

It always felt like a waking nightmare,

With every plunge, they screamed

With every slash, I feel their excruciating pain

Their blood and soul raveled around my sword

If this was a dream, why do I feel pain?

These cold steels striking me back,

Pushing through my flesh over and over.

I'm losing my breath, let me out

Please..can anyone here me?

Wake me up, make it stop..

Please...

Lotus: "Tenno...Are you there? We have contracted you with a mark. Find your mark and eliminate the assigned target." 

"Happy hunting Tenno."

Tenno Awaken.

KONd85G.jpg

Am I really awake?

I can't tell the difference anymore

It always felt like a waking nightmare,

With every plunge, they screamed

With every slash, I feel their excruciating pain

Their blood and soul raveled around my sword

If this was a dream, why do I feel pain?

These cold steels striking me back,

Pushing through my flesh over and over.

I'm losing my breath, let me out

Please..can anyone here me?

Wake me up, make it stop..

Please...

Lotus: "Tenno...Are you there? We have contracted you with a mark. Find your mark and eliminate the assigned target." 

"Happy hunting Tenno."

Tenno Awaken.

KONd85G.jpg

omgosh , Lotus look very evil =  =

BTW  very good art , I like monochorme colour

LOOK AT THAT SMILE!!

Edited by Goffee

fenomenal. i can totally see this being the #1. kudos to you.

Also, wouldn't it be great if this could be colored?

It indeed would be great, sadly I'm rather limited on time as of now so I won't be able to colour it in time for the contest. Perhaps later though ;)

Hey everyone!  So here's my submission.  I Just scrolled through the pages of this thread and there are so many great submissions!  The judges are going to have such a hard time choosing lol  Good luck everyone :)

WAEuPaT.jpg

Edited by xoaba

Ember feels the light sensors in her helmet tingling, as her Warframe's systems come gradually back online she is greeted by the warmth of a strange planet neither she nor her massive internal navigation system's astral maps recognize.

A short distance network system informs her suit's O.S. that another Tenno has awoken quite recently near her location.

Her cameras turn and focus in the distance, feeding her the image of a familiar silhouette, even if she's stranded on an unknown planet at least Saryn is there to keep her some form of company.

Ember ponders for a moment if the optimal immediate course of action is to go greet her fellow Warframe, investigate the strange architecture in the horizon or scout the planet for the presence of a native coffee-like bean to make a brew worthy of the Colossal slumber she just awoke from.

F2DNTkz.jpg

Hey everyone!  So here's my submission.  I Just scrolled through the pages of this thread and there are so many great submissions!  The judges are going to have such a hard time choosing lol  Good luck everyone :)

WAEuPaT.jpg

beautiful

I have a knack for submitting my art late, well here it is :)

I recently finished my art O/L exam and was pretty interested in taking part in the contest with the ambitions of coming within the top 5, I do not own a high end computer or a graphics tablet so I thought I'd Stick to Photoshop as I didn't see many submissions with a whole load of photoshoping and filtering, so I thought I might as well do something a little bit different. My interpretation is that of an Excalibur prime waking up from a Gold Lotus. the lotus Symbolising our dear friend Lotus of course and how she technically gave birth to the Tenno cause by awakening them (an cause cryopods were too mainstream).

Why Excalibur Prime? Because My close friends thought it was more appropriate.

Why the Bloom? Because Blooms written all over the game *wink* xD

sivjBQ6.jpg

All In All It took a lot of planning since the news of the contest caught my attention, and that's why I'm submitting so late. I had to dot he whole tutorial again with a codex scanner to get the background picture and actually ended up erasing it with a space texture in the background and stumbled over the blooming background by accident. the Original picture of the lotus was actually of an inflatable plastic lotus (and yes as it appears I have done allot of 'plastic surgery' on it to make it look solid gold). I Managed to grab a model of an Excalibur prime and re-pose it although I had to make the textures all by myself as they did not come with the model x_x so forgive me if he uh.. doesn't look exactly like an Excalibur Prime. Also tried to cover up my mistakes with a bright flare coming form the lotus.

Well that's basically how I Ended Up with that ^ Hope you guys like it and if you do you can check out more of my work over here ---> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/159937-%E2%88%B0my-art-for-those-who-wont-ignore%E2%88%B0/

Honestly I don't think anybody's noticed my work, so please do take notice xD I do this for fun and I like to share them with you guys and it makes me feel bad when nobody does :/

Anyway's,

Cheers!

Hope this picture brightened Up your day (to be taken literally)

- Where is Tenno? WHERE IS GODDAMN TENNO?

- I-I-I swear you, master, she was there!

*pshhhh*-"Listen up! This is important. Tenno is escaped, repeat, goddamn Tenno IS ESCAPED! She cant be far away, life-capsule is still warm. FIND HER QUICKLY!"

o7101z8.jpg

-Oh, watafaaaaaaaaakhkhhhhkh

P.S. Good luck to all

Edited by Universal_Alias