Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back Proto Excalibur, Please?

SaberStorm

Can't we older users that weren't able to get Founders have *Something* to call precious, and call our own for once?

Lato Vandal, Braton Vandal, Dex Furis, Twin Wraith Vipers, Machete, Machete Wraith, Strun Wraith, Snipetron, and Snipetron Vandal don't count I guess.

This was put out there for Dark Sector players. Make it only obtainable if you beat Dark Sector on Steam. That way DE makes more money off of Dark Sector, and if the skin means anything to you, you've already got it.

Unlike Founders, I highly doubt DE will keep Proto Excalibur a one-time exclusive deal that will never reappear again ever. That's just bad business.

More than likely, it'll be re-released next anniversary. I missed it too - just couldn't afford it at the time (and frankly, I sold my Excalibur long ago anyway. Good warframe, it's just at the time I didn't have money to buy slots, so....). This isn't wishful thinking on my part. It's just obvious.

Lato Vandal, Braton Vandal, Dex Furis, Twin Wraith Vipers, Machete, Machete Wraith, Strun Wraith, Snipetron, and Snipetron Vandal don't count I guess.

This was put out there for Dark Sector players. Make it only obtainable if you beat Dark Sector on Steam. That way DE makes more money off of Dark Sector, and if the skin means anything to you, you've already got it.

You misinterpreted my post. I meant it as like the fact that the mentality of most people tend to go like this: "What? This was released and I don't have it? Give it to me now!"

I don't have most of these weapons listed here, but with the way things are going, with everyone asking for things to be re-released, I might just be able to complete my collection. (I have Dex Furis, Wraith Twin Vipers, Gorgon Wraith)

I just want something other than a shiny badge to look back on. (Quite honestly, I'm not a Founder, nor could ever afford to be a founder, but I respect the decision to keep it exclusive.)

I bought it and see no problem with it coming back again.  DE never said it was exclusive or that it wouldn't come back so there's no reason for it not to.

Make it tradeable please :o)

This.  Like with most stuff, the easy fix for now is just to make it tradeable.  Honestly, there's no reason for any cosmetics to not be tradeable.

A lot of players whom did a fire sale or bought plats with money when the skin was introduced for a week will be very angry if DE brings the proto skin back.

Since the skin does nothing to enhance your performance (it does not give any bonuses of any kind), I strongly suggest that the skin NOT be brought back at all.

It should be a one time thing like the Misa Syandana. Miss it and it's too bad.

Otherwise it will be meaningless for something to be declared as a one year anniversary special and later retract it.

I took my wife on a second honeymoon cruise for our 5th anniversary and it meant something special to us. And to do it every year will make it seem no longer that special.

Making this and other cosmetics that were time limited exclusive will also be good for Warframe in general as people will be less inclined to take a break from Warframe for fear of missing out on exclusives.

A lot of players whom did a fire sale or bought plats with money when the skin was introduced for a week will be very angry if DE brings the proto skin back.

Since the skin does nothing to enhance your performance (it does not give any bonuses of any kind), I strongly suggest that the skin NOT be brought back at all.

It should be a one time thing like the Misa Syandana. Miss it and it's too bad.

Otherwise it will be meaningless for something to be declared as a one year anniversary special and later retract it.

I took my wife on a second honeymoon cruise for our 5th anniversary and it meant something special to us. And to do it every year will make it seem no longer that special.

Making this and other cosmetics that were time limited exclusive will also be good for Warframe in general as people will be less inclined to take a break from Warframe for fear of missing out on exclusives.

Misa Syandana was specifically be stated to be exclusive to that prime access.  Nothing like that was said about proto excalibur, all they said was that it was for sale for limited time only; that does not mean that it can't be put up for sale again.  People should stop making misguided assumptions about what DE should or should not do. 

The fact that it's purely cosmetic and people are willing to put down a decent amount of plat for it is exactly why DE should put it up for sale again.

Edited by Aggh

It was Anniversaty Gift (sort of). If DE put it on sale again, they just destroy their own Gift. I hope, they not so blind.

Gifts aren't sold for money.  Saying "sort of" doesn't change that.

Edited by Aggh