Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Releasing The Aklato Prime And Dual Skana Prime [Please Be Civil And Constructive]

Mesyra

"A lot of it comes from the attitude of many of the Founders who come storming en masse into topics like this one, deploy a blanket "no" and then pat themselves on the back for doing such a good job and defending their shinies against the scrubs like myself."

Because scrubs have been doing it the second after the verrrrry extended and expensive offer ended.

When a post like this is made almost every day by people who do not seem to understand why the gear is exclusive, it gets pritty tiresome.

The Excal, Lato and Skana are not just some pre-order bonus.

We worked for that money and we invested it in a new game that looked promising. Our investment gave you everything you see outside of the standard basic corpus ship tileset, every enemy other than the stock basic, all the awesome updates, weapons and frames. Our added incentive and reward was some average gear that has now become under-performing gear. A mere relic of the world we wanted to work.

You can't seriously think that founders payments lasted all that long do you?  388k (amount from gm founders on 5-10-2013 ) is a drop in the bucket for a game that is now supporting a 100+ man dev team.  They most likely ran through the founders money quite a while ago :|

You can't seriously think that founders payments lasted all that long do you?  388k (amount from gm founders on 5-10-2013 ) is a drop in the bucket for a game that is now supporting a 100+ man dev team.  They most likely ran through the founders money quite a while ago :|

I'm not privy to DE's finances, but I highly doubt 388k is a "drop in the bucket" at a time when the project was just starting up. 

That money built a foundation so that the game's future development could proceed.

Edited by mithie2

I'm not privy to DE's finances, but I highly doubt 388k is a "drop in the bucket" at a time when the project was just starting up. 

That money built a foundation so that the game's future development could proceed.

It was hardly just starting up by then.  The game was already in obt and had ~20k concurrent on steam by then.  One or two major updates later and they probably easily burned through at least that much money.  Smaller games than warframe have burned through millions.

Edited by Aggh

It was hardly just starting up by then.  The game was already in obt and had ~20k concurrent on steam by then.  One or two major updates later and they probably easily burned through at least that much money.  Smaller games than warframe have burned through millions.

Maybe, no way to tell.

I'm also curious as to how much difference the founder's program made to the project's development.

I'm all for putting in duel wielded weapon variants of the founder weapons, but as Cruispleuro said previously, most are likely complaining for pointless Mastery points, or to fill up the hole in their collection.

If DE would simply add a default option to "Hide Unobtainable Items" to the codex, they would likely get far less questions about these, since the founder weapons are not really encountered all that much because they aren't very good in comparison to what else is in the game.

Im gonna use your quote because it seems the easiest to run off. Currently with exclusive items you can get to 16 without exclusives you can get to 15. I don't know if this is completely true i just did a bit of research but the points arent well pointless. First off you have trade count and weapon accessibility but most importantly is what DE may add in the future to make Mastery Rank worthwhile

Im gonna use your quote because it seems the easiest to run off. Currently with exclusive items you can get to 16 without exclusives you can get to 15. I don't know if this is completely true i just did a bit of research but the points arent well pointless. First off you have trade count and weapon accessibility but most importantly is what DE may add in the future to make Mastery Rank worthwhile

For unlocks you don't need to go past 8.  Same with trades for the most part.  Itll be a while before mastery really means anything and DE undoubtedly has the metrics on players ranks to help figure out how to scale any new system fairly so that high ranks don't have a massive advantage.  Exclusive mastery's advantage dwindles with the addition of new weapons and higher max mastery anyways.

They are pointless. Who honestly trades 15 times a day? What weapon requires MR over 8? Not a lot of people and none.

For unlocks you don't need to go past 8.  Same with trades for the most part.  Itll be a while before mastery really means anything and DE undoubtedly has the metrics on players ranks to help figure out how to scale any new system fairly so that high ranks don't have a massive advantage.  Exclusive mastery's advantage dwindles with the addition of new weapons and higher max mastery anyways.

Um.. high Mastery should have a massive advantage. Do you really think that a Mastery 1 toon is equal in power to a Mastery rank 8? That a MR 15-16 should have no advantage over an 8? If you haven't been raising your Mastery like you were supposed to then you should have no complaints when you are no longer competitive versus a player who took the time to do what he was supposed to

Um.. high Mastery should have a massive advantage. Do you really think that a Mastery 1 toon is equal in power to a Mastery rank 8? That a MR 15-16 should have no advantage over an 8? If you haven't been raising your Mastery like you were supposed to then you should have no complaints when you are no longer competitive versus a player who took the time to do what he was supposed to

Bleh,  Mastery is nothing more than a measure of how much mindless grinding you're willing to put into piles of weapons that you don't even like.  The idea that it should provide any kind of noticeable advantage is silly.  Adding rewards is just an attempt to validate one of the crappier systems this game has.

Except DE would never say that since they've been selling dual variants as a separate product for the game's entire history.  Only whiny founders could possibly be so blind to how weapons have been sold in this game for so long :|

Ok, so DE have been doing Duals for ages, yes, so lets humour you and say they get make Dual SkanaP AklatoP become a thing.

Look at their dual Primes. So there is the Akbronco Prime, that is it. Ankyros and Fang could be counted as duals, however there is no single form. So well have to go of Akbronco Prime here. It requires you to have two Bronco Primes. So that would mean you need two Skana Primes or two Lato Primes to make each of the desired weapons, but noone would have them, and as you can't trade complete weapons you couldn't trade the Skana or Lato Prime.

So as a result there would be a blueprint which you could not use, and the weapon would only be available via a prime access maybe? So in the end it would end up being an exclusive locked behind money, once again.

If you made it that people had to only get the weapon parts people would complain that they can not make the single, and it also breaks how Primes are made and the lore behind them. So you are asking that DE break their semi official promise to players and the lore of their game to bring in this weapon, just because some players are too whiny and blind to accept that a weapon is exclusive even though they have been since the Closed Beta started.

Bleh,  Mastery is nothing more than a measure of how much mindless grinding you're willing to put into piles of weapons that you don't even like.  The idea that it should provide any kind of noticeable advantage is silly.  Adding rewards is just an attempt to validate one of the crappier systems this game has.

Unfortunately for you, in this game, Mastery is the measure of the controller, the player. You may not like it, but it the telltale of your overall experiences and, well, Mastery of all the tools available at your disposal.

Players just find it boring and want to use the same gear over and over and over. Not a good practice, in this particular game. Not if you want to reap the benefits of advanced play

Unfortunately for you, in this game, Mastery is the measure of the controller, the player. You may not like it, but it the telltale of your overall experiences and, well, Mastery of all the tools available at your disposal.

Players just find it boring and want to use the same gear over and over and over. Not a good practice, in this particular game. Not if you want to reap the benefits of advanced play

Mastery rank is not a very good measure of Player experience. It is incredibly easy to XP grind weapons to jump ranks. A player lacking useful experience can reach Mastery 13-14 without ever running into a serious roadblock.

Personally I think they should re-release all the weapons i missed because i wasnt playing at the time and as for the dual idea i wouldn't mind either way tbh. But I can understand why people would want them to stay exclusive to founders weather they are dual or single versions.

Lato vandal

Braton vandal

Gorgon wraith

Twin viper wraith

Lato prime (maybe - i cant remember if i got that being a master founder)

Edited by -CM-SASMcBride

Ok, so DE have been doing Duals for ages, yes, so lets humour you and say they get make Dual SkanaP AklatoP become a thing.

Look at their dual Primes. So there is the Akbronco Prime, that is it. Ankyros and Fang could be counted as duals, however there is no single form. So well have to go of Akbronco Prime here. It requires you to have two Bronco Primes. So that would mean you need two Skana Primes or two Lato Primes to make each of the desired weapons, but noone would have them, and as you can't trade complete weapons you couldn't trade the Skana or Lato Prime.

So as a result there would be a blueprint which you could not use, and the weapon would only be available via a prime access maybe? So in the end it would end up being an exclusive locked behind money, once again.

If you made it that people had to only get the weapon parts people would complain that they can not make the single, and it also breaks how Primes are made and the lore behind them. So you are asking that DE break their semi official promise to players and the lore of their game to bring in this weapon, just because some players are too whiny and blind to accept that a weapon is exclusive even though they have been since the Closed Beta started.

There's no rule or lore that requires that every dual weapon has to be crafted with two of the single weapon.  Especially in the case of the AKlato they could make an exception since the normal version is a credit only weapon.  The dual skana doesn't require any weapons in the crafting cost and there's no real reason that the prime version should as well.

Dress it up howerver you like, but having to level up terrible weapons isn't a measure of anything other than the time you've spent leveling them up.  Getting a weapon up to level 30 is hardly what I'd call mastering something.

Edited by Aggh

Mastery rank is not a very good measure of Player experience. It is incredibly easy to XP grind weapons to jump ranks. A player lacking useful experience can reach Mastery 13-14 without ever running into a serious roadblock.

Um, it is a good measure. Look at a weapon and see what if any requirements it has. Just because its in the single digits currently doesn't mean its gonna be that way forever.

Gonna be a lot of mad ppl when the Soma Prime Pro Edition comes out and its MR 14 and 10% of the player base can equip it.

And the argument that Mastery is easy to grind fails. If so easy then why aren't ppl doing it? Everything requires farming in this game. You might as well maximize your time and raise Mastery while you farm

There's no rule or lore that requires that every dual weapon has to be crafted with two of the single weapon.  Especially in the case of the AKlato they could make an exception since the normal version is a credit only weapon.  The dual skana doesn't require any weapons in the crafting cost and there's no real reason that the prime version should as well.

Hmm funny, I can't find any rule or lore that states that every weapon needs to be Primed, or that every weapon needs to by followed by a dual version. So, us "blind" Founders I think had some very just reasoning to believe that when the devs said exclusive weapons which would never be available again they meant "this weapon or its visual representation will not be available to anyone ever again". Hence why so many of us are not happy when everyone else seems to feel they have a right to it.

Also, just looking through this thread, it would appear you enjoy disagreeing with everyone, on everything.

Edited by TC-Guardian

Dress it up howerver you like, but having to level up terrible weapons isn't a measure of anything other than the time you've spent leveling them up.  Getting a weapon up to level 30 is hardly what I'd call mastering something.

Using forma is advanced play for weapons and frames. Whats the requirement to unlock forma use again?

my 2 cents to this is they should stay exclusiv the ppl payed for it they worked for it and why they dont should have something special in my opnion the stuff coul get a little buff so that the excal prime got a bit better stats as the basic or lato skana get more useful mid rate wise not high end tier.

but a dual version of it nope 2 reason:

1.hell Aklato and Dual skana for that 6k points i wouldnt mash up the tables again only to get 2 lvl and sell weapons again.

2. a dual prime weapon that you build with non prime weapons dont destroy the system O.o

Um, it is a good measure. Look at a weapon and see what if any requirements it has. Just because its in the single digits currently doesn't mean its gonna be that way forever.

Gonna be a lot of mad ppl when the Soma Prime Pro Edition comes out and its MR 14 and 10% of the player base can equip it.

And the argument that Mastery is easy to grind fails. If so easy then why aren't ppl doing it? Everything requires farming in this game. You might as well maximize your time and raise Mastery while you farm

Do you realize how many people playing this game are within the Mastery 10-15 range? You're talking as if you don't realize. It IS easy. People are doing that kind of thing extremely often.

Mastery is not a good measure of player experience. It is just time spent. You can play a game for months and still make boneheaded decisions extremely often or get killed left and right.

I'm not that far from the Mastery roof myself and in regards to player skill I can't hold a candle to some of the people I know from Warbros. 

When i started playing i was often praised by my friend who was mastery 11-12

He said i played like a pro considering my mastery rank and hed rather take me than higher rank strangers because i know what im doing

This is one reason why im against alot of things like seeing peoples mastery ranks and weapon load out before a match

It promotes unfair discrimination

Do you realize how many people playing this game are within the Mastery 10-15 range? You're talking as if you don't realize. It IS easy. People are doing that kind of thing extremely often.

Mastery is not a good measure of player experience. Just time spent. You can play a game for months and still make boneheaded decisions extremely often or get killed left and right.

I'm not that far from the Mastery roof myself and in regards to player skill I can't hold a candle to some of the people I know from Warbros. 

Agreed.

Just spam affinity boosters if you have enough Platinum, and you are MR10+ in no time. Use resource booster with that for more mats and you will have no problems in gaining new mastery ranks.

"A lot of it comes from the attitude of many of the Founders who come storming en masse into topics like this one, deploy a blanket "no" and then pat themselves on the back for doing such a good job and defending their shinies against the scrubs like myself."

Because scrubs have been doing it the second after the verrrrry extended and expensive offer ended.

When a post like this is made almost every day by people who do not seem to understand why the gear is exclusive, it gets pritty tiresome.

The Excal, Lato and Skana are not just some pre-order bonus.

We worked for that money and we invested it in a new game that looked promising. Our investment gave you everything you see outside of the standard basic corpus ship tileset, every enemy other than the stock basic, all the awesome updates, weapons and frames. Our added incentive and reward was some average gear that has now become under-performing gear. A mere relic of the world we wanted to work.

Glad I decided to read through all these pages.

Bear in mind I've been asking for equalised Mastery or no Focus in PvP; I don't want your Founder items or an Aklato Prime or whatever.

Hmm funny, I can't find any rule or lore that states that every weapon needs to be Primed, or that every weapon needs to by followed by a dual version. So, us "blind" Founders I think had some very just reasoning to believe that when the devs said exclusive weapons which would never be available again they meant "this weapon or its visual representation will not be available to anyone ever again". Hence why so many of us are not happy when everyone else seems to feel they have a right to it.

Also, just looking through this thread, it would appear you enjoy disagreeing with everyone, on everything.

No one has said that they have to be.  And what exactly is that just reason?  And how on earth did you come to that conclusion?  You really like to say that you have a reason without actually saying what that reason is.  They said founders items would be exclusive.  Nothing more, nothing less.  What you choose to read into that is no one's fault but your own.

No, I just don't feel like leaving ignorance and misinformation unopposed.  It'd be a lot more interesting if you weren't repeating the same tired, unsupported arguments that other founders feel the need to keep on trotting out :|

Agreed.

Just spam affinity boosters if you have enough Platinum, and you are MR10+ in no time. Use resource booster with that for more mats and you will have no problems in gaining new mastery ranks.

You barely even have to do that with dark sectors now.  I've just been leveling stuff up doing 15 minute dark sector runs on the dark sector with the appropriate bonus.  Melee weapons are even faster to level up now since you can start out with some mods thanks to energy from stance mods.

Edited by Aggh