Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion About Loki, And His Viability For Play.

Xirka

Radial Disarm = Every noninfested faction become easier than infested.

I wouldn't call an army of ~ 80 (or 80+) corrupted heavies and whatnot easier than infested when they're disarmed. (unless you have a vauban, I say it's even worse, since even in melee, those guys do hurt)

Becaus he is the only warframe that has 4 useable abilities. All which are amazing at any level of the game. His skills disregards enemy levels and therefore is useable indefinitely. Other frames also have skills that work similar but they all have a "lost" ability or two that really don't see much use.

I wouldn't call an army of ~ 80 (or 80+) corrupted heavies and whatnot easier than infested when they're disarmed. (unless you have a vauban, I say it's even worse, since even in melee, those guys do hurt)

They're easier because they don't knock you down, and are less suited for melee. Infested have knockdown on four different kinds of their (6)? units, with toxin ancients wearing your health down, and disrupters pissing you off.

Level 80+ infested are harder than similarly leveled disarmed corrupted, aside from the bullet sponges the heavies become. It just takes a little bit of maneuvering to take zero damage.

Decoy - CC.

Invisibility - great for solo'ing bosses, speed runs and when you're about to die.

Switch Teleport - Get to higher grounds, troll, cover large distance, get out of sticky situations or use when you're about to die.

Radial Disarm - End game skill, inb4 nerf, and great for when you're about to die.

I actually stopped using him for a while because I was getting sick of getting knocked down by laser doors and mobs, so I started using Rhino for a while. After finally getting Rhino prime I lost interest in him and went back to Loki. Now I'm just happy he's still a good frame and I can't wait for Loki Prime. All in all I would say Loki is a pretty decent frame which is not that OP compared to most others. But if they decide to nerf RD I can totally understand that.

The only bad side I can mention about Loki is that he can die pretty fast.

Decoy - CC.

Invisibility - great for solo'ing bosses, speed runs and when you're about to die.

Switch Teleport - Get to higher grounds, troll, cover large distance, get out of sticky situations or use when you're about to die.

Radial Disarm - End game skill, inb4 nerf, and great for when you're about to die.

I actually stopped using him for a while because I was getting sick of getting knocked down by laser doors and mobs, so I started using Rhino for a while. After finally getting Rhino prime I lost interest in him and went back to Loki. Now I'm just happy he's still a good frame and I can't wait for Loki Prime. All in all I would say Loki is a pretty decent frame which is not that OP compared to most others. But if they decide to nerf RD I can totally understand that.

The only bad side I can mention about Loki is that he can die pretty fast.

Shoot those cameras or copter through them doors... or Switch teleport with someone on the other side. (Loki, Ash and Nova do have those options, you know). As for the mobs - be more careful :D

And Loki is the squishiest frame in Warframe for a reason

But they are, they just lost all of their abilities and are slower than infested.

If you get hurt by their melee you need to learn to play better.

140px-SwitchTeleportMod.png

I never EVER go on a mission with Loki without that. By itself it's not perfect but still usefull. I actualy have fun switch teleporting enemies, like removing one from the defence target and then shoot or hack away on the other enemies quickly, or switch place with an enemy on an elevated possition and then fire from said possition on him while he is in the confusion state. So even without it's second application it's still a nice skill.

However what makes it truely a must in my opinion is how it can help team mates, especialy with glitches. Sure in a perfect world, the game should not have these glitches, therefor there being no need for it. But we are not in a perfect world and even on the stable maps like Corpus Ship, Grineer Asteroid and Corpus outpost you can still get stuck on places or behind invisible doors, which is where this skill can be a savior. It also can help in other ways with the level architectur.

As for Loki as a whole. He is currently stable, which is allready nice, which is one reason i dread Scott and Co. taking a look at him, since it could mean they screw him up and it will take months until he is in a stable state again.

Switch teleport is great but takes a lot of energy. Decoy sounds nice on paper but folds too quickly at high levels and can only draw agro. Invisibility is great, but now people complain it's too flawless (funny how arguments against it have suddently increased while for month it was a totaly okay ability). Radial Disarm is very usefull, but falls flat compared to other ultimate abilities, especialy since it has no effect on Infested anymore (used to destroy their arms).

I don't want to miss any of these abilities, but at the same time, he is kind of restricted with them. To manipulate the battlefield more effectively Loki would need more tricks, but we only have 4 slots for abilities.

Becaus he is the only warframe that has 4 useable abilities. All which are amazing at any level of the game. His skills disregards enemy levels and therefore is useable indefinitely. Other frames also have skills that work similar but they all have a "lost" ability or two that really don't see much use.

Ah yes, he also does not require a mandatory Power Strength mod in order to stay effective which opens up a slot in your mod selection and allows a bit more experimentation.

His relative high sprint speed also means you don't necessary need a sprint mod in order to keep up with the rest of the team, meaning another mod slot open.

Edited by Othergrunty

I have had Loki since the beginning. He is my favorite frame. All his skills are useful and I believe he is one of the best. However, his usefulness depends on the player, the reason they say he is meant for advanced players is because you need to be creative and strategic when using him. Sure, with the right build you could use permanent invisibility but that is just boring. I use invisibility when I really need it. From all my time playing Loki I can offer only one piece of full proof advice. Always keep moving. Loki is both agile and FAST, very fast especially with a sprint mod. Use that to your advantage, so practice shooting moving targets while moving, once you get your aim down you will have very little trouble. With his speed, the enemy will have a hard time hitting you. Invisibility is good for when you are surrounded or if you need to revive a teammate without dying yourself. He has low health, shields and armor so never stop moving, and always use his 4 powers. I would not go into a mission without having all 4 of them. Learn how to wall run and practice your acrobatics, that can be very helpful, use your speed and abilities to confuse the enemy. Just be creative and think. Observe the battlefield and come up with a way your abilities can help. I cant think of much more to say.

One of the major problems a lot of people have with Loki is that people run him with just invisibility and max duration/invisibility, and run around nearly invulnerable for the entire game. Said people think that doing as such makes them amazing at the game and the "master race"

Such play is little different to playing with Trinity pre-nerf and spamming blessing, except for the fact that your team will take additional aggro, hurting them.

Loki becomes a truly great frame with practice and when all of his abilities are combo-d together. Me and members of my clan run Proki's which is a specific build that makes use of Loki's strengths and makes him much better for team play. 

I will add here that I am not an amazing Loki player, especially compared with others within my clan, but I can play him well enough to make the Proki build work.

My build is slightly different from the original, I run Quick Thinking and Natural Talent over Shield Flux and Maglev

uuton67.png

The idea here is that you gain much more suitability as Loki by being mobile and hampering the enemies ability to fight than you do via normal means. Quick thinking is here since I do like to have an additional layer of protection, but with practice it becomes less important.

If you have any questions about this build or why certain things are used, feel free to PM me, and I'll answer any questions.

Loki is, in fact a frame that requires a little skill to master. Most people who seem to hate him for being fragile, do not realize they are more than likely playing him wrongly.

QFT

That's probably the hardest thing for some to admit. When some players talk about decoys dying in two or three seconds, switch teleport only being good for trolling, and assuming the only way to build Loki is for permanent invisibility, they always cry foul when someone points out that they don't understand how to play him, as if that's an insult rather than an observation.

"I KNOW how his abilities WORK!" they always say in one form or another.

But no, they don't. They probably just spent an entire post explaining that they don't. The problem is that rather than read and learn how to play him, they just insist that their poor performance is a reflection on the Frame rather than their skill. 

Why is this even important? People have played and not played Loki this whole time. So he is getting a prime and now it really is worth discussion how good Loki is? Who cares? Loki adds to a team his contribution could be plus or minus who gives and flying.....sigh.

Loki has CC and doesn't have a nuke that is about all there is to the frame. You are all validating your own play while nodding heads as you agree with the post you like. The frame has had it's spot for so long now it probably isn't worth discussing the viability of Loki. Most of you all know what he can do and can't do. He has a role and fulfills it great.

His powers scale better than any other frame's powers, and they all work well together.  He is viable not only for solo play, but is also great support in team play.  That's pretty much the gist of it.  The fact that he requires a tad bit more skill in order to use effectively is icing on the cake.

While the whole "master race" joke can be annoying when over-saturated, the reason for its existence is as clear as day.  Loki is god-tier, simple as that.

Loki disarm + decoy synergizes extremely well with a ton of CC powers.

Disarm for example forces all enemies in, it makes range enemies as vulnerable to booben as the infested are.

Even Rhino's stomp benefit because he can stun a much larger group as compared to enemies being spread out.

Mag will LOVE disarmed void and corpus humping the decoy inside a weird spot since Shield P will work at it's best efficiency with everyone bunched up together.

And of course many moar !

Edited by fatpig84

i do agree on this

-all skills usable and effective (few frames have this, one reason to buff the other frames of their useless not-number-4 abilities)

-effective disregarding the enemy level

good. good.

#lokimasterrace

Edited by Ritchel

This whole thread went much better than expected, thank you all for being civil.

You only need one person with a bad comment to ruin whole thread.

If you look at Loki from unbiased perspective, he is most balanced frame in game that didnt receive any buffs. Instead he got few nerfs and he is still balanced.

Being balanced doesnt mean he is OP in any kind, he is not having god mode and RD isnt OP because i dare you to take hits from melee heavy grineer.