The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Most Annoying Team Mates

Epixen

Somtimes i go to the recruit channel and look for void missions.

Occassionally I run into people (team mates) who start to telling me what to do and what not to do.

Examples:

"Dont kill my mind controlled monster"

"Dont use your annoying ultimate ability"

"Dont steal my targets"

"Exit on my command"

"Mark all salvage but nothing else"

"Stay within 20 meters of my mark"

(These commands sometimes come from the host, but mostly not!)

Of course I don't listen to these whiners and end up doing the opposite of what they demand.

This however doesn't generate many new "friends".

I've tried negotiating and discussing whats reasonable, but when someone demands you stop using your abilities, or change frame mid-game, what can you do?

My suggestion is a new button: mute whiner

So my poll is: What do you do, when you encounter these types?

Update:

As someone pointed out this is a question of maturity and plain politness.

You can expect people to dislike you if you try to command them what to do and not (whether you are hosting or not), whereas if you ask nicely, they will sometimes comply. (I fall in that latter region). Cursing and threatening won't get you anywhere but reported.

I'm all for achieving mission goals and getting rewards, so this poll is not about that, but rather those annoying people I sometimes run into. Yes you know who they are and if you don't, you're likely one of them! I can see some of them here...

To further clarify.: No I don't kill Nyx mind controls, if I don't have to....

When the mind controlled Ancient Healer is standing in a crowd of Heavy Gunners shooting at me and my team mates, yes he will get a taste of my Penta too. And I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

No, I don't usually Rambo Nova and Rhino! Whereas I haven't even seen much complaints about Rhino, but everybodies jealous of Nova, I wonder why?

If you can't stand certain ultimates, please try another game or play in solo mode, instead of whining! Sure some ultimates take longer time and throw things around in chaos, but thats probably something you should talk with DE about.

And no, I'm not killing your targets, I just happened to kill everything on the map (no, I'm not trying to get most kills), and I'm not aiming in particular for your favorite enemy. Perhaps if you exit your absorb a little faster, you would get some kills too.

"Stay within 20 meters of my mark" was not refering to a cryopod or a terminal, but rather someones bloated ego and instruction of their viewpoints.

Edited by Epixen

Occassionally I run into people (team mates) who start to telling me what to do and what not to do.

Examples:

"Dont steal my targets"

"Exit on my command"

Of course I don't listen to these whiners and end up doing the opposite of what they demand.

I've tried negotiating and discussing whats reasonable, but when someone demands you stop using your abilities, or change frame mid-game, what can you do?

Quite honestly I think not killing mind controlled targets is a reasonable thing to ask, and asking people not to abandon the pod sounds pretty reasonable too. And in some situations ult spamming is actually detrimental to the group so that could be valid as well, but much more situational so I can't really defend it completely.

However, personally I don't ask bad players to do things, I just  don't revive them when they're downed, which happens often because as I said, bad players.

If the demands are unreasonable and the situation seems non-negotiable, just ignore them (finish the game as if they are NPC). If they get violent, consider both reporting them, or putting them on ignore list.

The people who pull me out of the mission finish area, usually end up using revives twice in their next game. Loki revenge master race.

Think active trolling belongs to a different field. But if that happens to be, I'll leave the mouse/keyboard and go get a coffee. They can either pull me back or wait for timeout :)

I.. happen to be one that says 'don't kill my mind-controlled monster' whenever I'm using Nyx. 

When I see a team-mates health drop I quickly find an ancient or something that can keep them sheilded or healed :c 

However, every other example you've mentioned? I tend to ignore them.  

Edited by Verre

Besides the mind control, i don`t see the others as anything else than brainfarts... While it is infuriating for someone to kill my MC`d mob (if with Nyx), having someone tell me to stop using Tornado (if with Zephyr) is just idiotic... I`ve had this scenario (in mob def) multiple times:

1) I use Tornado when i can,

2) dude says "Sotp trnade pls." more than 5 times,

3) I comply purely to prove him how decent of a CC it is, and how stupid it is to demand someone to not use something to help.

4) We lose the mission within 2 minutes of me discontinuing the use of my Ulti.

Examples:

"Dont steal my targets"

"Exit on my command"

Nobody likes bossy people, but killing a mind controlled unit is not great.

Generally most runs are quiet and when talking does occur it is about mundane bs. The real issue is players who actively try to piss other players off. Like for instance if I mind control a heavy you draw aggro, heal a pod, etc. and you notice and someone kills the mob on purpose I won't complain I just pity the guy for not knowing. At the end of the day a good run is one where no one really needs to talk because things are going smoothly.

TL;DR

If you do not work well with others just solo.

Besides the mind control, i don`t see the others as anything else than brainfarts... While it is infuriating for someone to kill my MC`d mob (if with Nyx), having someone tell me to stop using Tornado (if with Zephyr) is just idiotic... I`ve had this scenario (in mob def) multiple times:

3) I comply purely to prove him how decent of a CC it is, and how stupid it is to demand someone to not use something to help.

I think that's because some people don't like seeing their drops flying in the air, or watching them get stuck in a hard-to-reach area. 

Other than that, I would definitely use Tornado if the situation calls for it. 

I think that's because some people don't like seeing their drops flying in the air, or watching them get stuck in a hard-to-reach area. 

Yeah but if it`s drops vs. mission success, and you choose drops - something`s really wrong with your priority scale... and i`ve personally never had the drops get stuck in an unreachable place (for all my teammates), so i don`t get what the fuss is about... but maybe i`m just really lucky...

To be fair I once asked this because this guy spammed it while I used penta and tossed the nades back at me. If they do not have sweepers out and the pod isn't in trouble then spamming tornado is nearly trolling.

honestly, I do use the "don't use your ult" part, but that is only when I am talking to Nova fanboys/fangirls, because let's face it - you can't do a single "Kill X amount of enemies / with X weapon" when there's a nova around (especially on most def mission maps) and that is a good reason to get mad at someone

Edited by TMHowler

Examples:

"Dont steal my targets"

"Exit on my command"

I stop helping people.

When you are already rank 6/7, I think you have perfectly understood how the warframes works.

Typical example (not the best, I know, but I get this like EVERY F*****G TIME) :

Defense mission, Dark Sectors on Pluto, level 30-40. Playing as Nyx and Absorb, to let the allies get rid of the enemies that are not hitting me. But whatever, they first kill the enemies that are around me, before killing the other ones that aren't aggro'd by my ultimate.

But well, who cares... They just do the mission for 20k credits...

Edited by SmokyBird

When people are asking something reasonable I have no problems. I remember not long after U13 and everyone was farming to get to Hek. Asked Nova players not to spam Mprime and others to not use channeling on Prosicutors because it renders Nekros unable to desecrate for more beacons, something that benefits everybody, lets just say it wasn't pretty.

It really depends on what people are asking. If its reasonable then sure, and spamming your ult depending on the frame can be pretty detrimental or just make it boring for everyone else. Just like people that rush levels. If your going to spam and rush then play solo. Thats why you have the option to play alone.

Yeah but if it`s drops vs. mission success, and you choose drops - something`s really wrong with your priority scale... and i`ve personally never had the drops get stuck in an unreachable place (for all my teammates), so i don`t get what the fuss is about... but maybe i`m just really lucky...

Do you use Thief's Wit?  Countless times I 've seen mods stuck above the ceiling in the Void because of Tornado but I only know because I can see them through walls.  Luckily I use Carrier and can Vacuum them back through the wall but other players might miss out.

The only situations I would say to not use tornado is when there is a Vauban/Nyx running with vortex/absorb build on an infested defence node.  The rag dolling is annoying, it slows the enemies down, often breaks the AI and just generally reduces the efficiency of the mission.

I stop helping people.

When you are already rank 6/7, I think you have perfectly understood how the warframes works.

Typical example (not the best, I know, but I get this like EVERY F*****G TIME) :

Defense mission, Dark Sectors on Pluto, level 30-40. Playing as Nyx and Absorb, to let the allies get rid of the enemies that are not hitting me. But whatever, they first kill the enemies that are around me, before killing the other ones that aren't aggro'd by my ultimate.

If I'm running a Vaubon, I will do this every chance I get. Prioritizing your absorb over people getting more experience, more convenient item pickup, and faster runs for what? So you could FEEL like you're actually helping the team?

remember you are looking / they are inviting "YOU" to their game - if they have some demands who cares just follow them

would you completely ignore someone's house rules when they invite you into their house hmmm ? well then its some what like this

sure its somewhat annoying but so long as participating in the game gets you closer to what you wanna get then again who the F cares

If I knew the situation called for it, I would ignore them and use it. 

Though I have a had a few moments where the loot would fly off the map or get stuck in an annoying spot. Grineer tilesets I believe lol. 

I stop helping people.

They likely do this because while you sit in your bubble the volatile infested are wasting themselves for 0 exp. And while many do go there for the 20k credit many go to level frames and weapons. As you sit there and melee mobs hit you while not taking damage unless they use ogris penta angstrum or castanas. To make it simple it is like putting snowglobe up in the same scenario. Conversely you could use those same weapons listed and burst harder than nova. so it goes both ways.

Another thing do not chaos unless the group is pressured it does the same dang thing.

BTW I main Nyx and did all her leveling there for the 3 formas I put on her.

Edited by TheGuy08