Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Lore Speculation : Is The Neural Sentry "god" And Is The Void "heaven"

Deidaku

Hey guys.

Just think about it for a sec.

I mean when people die in the warframe universe apparently they are cast into the "void" like In the Salad V trailer.

The void is all Holy gold and sh*t ,

in mag prime's lore she has golden wings like an angel or something.

Gold an white everywhere

we've never seen the neural sentry ,and don't even know what it is really, a robot a person, something from beyond the solar system?

Excalibur prime is Jesus ' 'just kidding X) 

I hope this gets to FF VI proportions where you have to fight a Kefka like boss XD

Edited by Deidaku

In Siberia, you spend your time counting trees. In the Void, you spend your time counting control modules.

Or, you know, Putin sends his political enemies to Siberia to count the amount of oil there is under the ground (not in any SI or Imperial units, mind you, but drops. The amount of drops of oil under the ground). 

Edited by Renegade343

I mean when people die in the warframe universe apparently they are cast into the "void" like In the Salad V trailer.

That was just an expression. "The Void" was a scary thing during the Orokin Era, and remained so after the collapse.

Orokin Towers and ships are gold and "opulent" because the Orokin (rulers) themselves were ancient and felt like the deserved worship and opulence (Just like the 21st century 1%) 

Orokin Towers and ships are gold and "opulent" because the Orokin (rulers) themselves were ancient and felt like the deserved worship and opulence (Just like the 21st century 1%) 

The gold on ships and weaponry are probably plated. 

If they are made of pure gold, then most likely the Repear Prime handle would have been deformed already from Tenno holding the weapon to slice enemies. 

I'd wager the Neural Sentry is more then just an alarm system.  It's keeping all those Corrupted in thrall, and pulling more Grineer/Corpus/Infested in and scrambling their brains and sticking that antennae on them.  It also keeps the Orokin stations/void locales in a place stable enough for the Tenno to reach.

If it's just an alarm system, then someone went for the Super Ultra-Deluxe Platnium/Gold Special Edition Package XXL.

From what I understand.

The Void is a place in between space and time. Possibly in between dimensions. It is an abyss full of terribly harmful energy that requires any ships or bases within it to be heavily shielded just so people can live on board. Just passing through the Void is incredibly dangerous and NO Faction sort of the Tenno can regularly produce ships capable of passing through it safely. The Tenno destroyed the only known Corpus fleet capable of passing through Voidspace. During the last great Orokin war the Orokin were desperate to escape their enemy, who was killing them in droves.

They built the Void bases we loot as hiding places to try to store their civilian population. Unfortunately, either time or their mysterious enemy whittled them down and wiped them out even in the Void.

Based on the extremely limited information on the Neural Sentry I'm tempted to believe that it is an AI not unlike the Lotus - although probably much simpler in it's purpose. It defends and maintains the Void bases. When perceived enemies enter it attacks them and if possible captures them, implanting Neural control devices into the head of their enemy and turning them into drones to help defend.

Neural Sentry might also be insane. If it IS a sentient AI like the Lotus then it has been alone for a very, very long time.  Too long for sanity to survive.

From what I understand.

The Void is a place in between space and time. Possibly in between dimensions. It is an abyss full of terribly harmful energy that requires any ships or bases within it to be heavily shielded just so people can live on board. Just passing through the Void is incredibly dangerous and NO Faction sort of the Tenno can regularly produce ships capable of passing through it safely. The Tenno destroyed the only known Corpus fleet capable of passing through Voidspace. During the last great Orokin war the Orokin were desperate to escape their enemy, who was killing them in droves.

They built the Void bases we loot as hiding places to try to store their civilian population. Unfortunately, either time or their mysterious enemy whittled them down and wiped them out even in the Void.

Based on the extremely limited information on the Neural Sentry I'm tempted to believe that it is an AI not unlike the Lotus - although probably much simpler in it's purpose. It defends and maintains the Void bases. When perceived enemies enter it attacks them and if possible captures them, implanting Neural control devices into the head of their enemy and turning them into drones to help defend.

Neural Sentry might also be insane. If it IS a sentient AI like the Lotus then it has been alone for a very, very long time.  Too long for sanity to survive.

This seems much more likely. 

Ideally I would say that the neural sentry is like Holly the ships computer on Red Dwarf, left alone for millions of years with no one to talk to, gone a bit funny.

"How's it diddlin' Tenno?"

Now I really, really want an insane Orokin AI arguing with Lotus while we're in the void.

What about 343 Guilty Spark's personality with a hint of 2401 Pentient Tangent's as well?

"This tower is mine."

In seriousness, I'd figure it to be a machine that is mute, giving off harsh mechanical/ethereal noises that are much like the Corrupted - only due to its size and power there is a lot of distorted bass tones to suggest anger when provoked.

The gold on ships and weaponry are probably plated. 

If they are made of pure gold, then most likely the Repear Prime handle would have been deformed already from Tenno holding the weapon to slice enemies. 

It's not Gold (the metal) at all, it's Forma the Golden-morphic-energy-channeling base unit of Orokin Technology. The Orokin (The rulers) were most likely made or coated in it hence Oro (Gold) Kin (People)

Which is most likely derived from the "living metal" of the Dark-Sector-Era technocyte virus (as opposed to the Orokin-Era "Infestation" offshoot)

It's not Gold (the metal) at all, it's Forma the Golden-morphic-energy-channeling base unit of Orokin Technology. The Orokin (The rulers) were most likely made or coated in it hence Oro (Gold) Kin (People)

Which is most likely derived from the "living metal" of the Dark-Sector-Era technocyte virus (as opposed to the Orokin-Era "Infestation" offshoot)

Which is why I said is plated instead of made, for pure gold, no matter living or dead, will most likely contain characteristics of gold (very soft and malleable). Even if it was an alloy, the colour will not gold (the 9K true gold-coloured rings we see are gold-plated after the creation of the ring. Gold alloys will have varying colours. And seeing that the Orokin Towers' gold structures have a colour that is very close, if not exact, to true gold colour, and that it does not seem to deform when we shoot at it or lean at it (for instance the railings), I can state that the gold is just plated). 

Which is why I said is plated instead of made, for pure gold, no matter living or dead, will most likely contain characteristics of gold (very soft and malleable). Even if it was an alloy, the colour will not gold (the 9K true gold-coloured rings we see are gold-plated after the creation of the ring. Gold alloys will have varying colours. And seeing that the Orokin Towers' gold structures have a colour that is very close, if not exact, to true gold colour, and that it does not seem to deform when we shoot at it or lean at it (for instance the railings), I can state that the gold is just plated). 

I doubt it

We are talking about a sci-fi living metal here, it can be any colour the devs choose. The likelyhood of someone plating a metal that can change shape? minimal.

Forma in it's raw state is gold-coloured

I doubt it

We are talking about a sci-fi living metal here, it can be any colour the devs choose. The likelyhood of someone plating a metal that can change shape? minimal.

Forma in it's raw state is gold-coloured

I really doubt the Orokin use living metals to make the Towers/ships. 

The Forma states that it is shape-alerting, but that does not mean it is made of living metal, but could simply alter the shape of constructs when Forma is applied.  

And since pure gold is very, very malleable, along with the fact that Forma is gold-coloured and is shape-altering, this led me to infer that the Forma is made of pure gold, or 95% gold with a few other metals mixed into it. The Forma is then used with other, more rigid metals to make the metal more malleable but harden back to its initial rigidness after a set period of time, with a gold plate on the metal during the hardening process. Thus, that technically means that the gold is plated onto the metal. 

Edited by Renegade343