Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 13.7.0 + 13.7.0.1: Depths Of The Void

[DE]Rebecca

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks at least a few people at DE are out of touch with regards to the void drop tables. It wasn't long ago that someone said on a live stream that the void "was in a good place". You were wrong then and the current tables and community response indicates that you're even more wrong now. I don't care that you put T4 keys on interception missions, but at least allow a chance for them to be rewards for wave 1 and 2 then guarantee one at wave 3. Dilution is still a problem and there is no reason for it now. There are more than enough void missions for you to spread things out evenly, yet we still get more void keys in t1 missions, we get credits, orokin cells one at a time....same prime drops in multiple void reward tables...I'm sorry, I love you guys at DE, I think you're capable of doing truly great things like you have in the past, but the bottom line is this: the void drop tables are NOT in a good place, and they never were. Whoever thinks they are has obviously not been forced to run 50 or 60 T1 keys for a single drop. Spread stuff out, get rid of the dross nobody is interested in on void runs like credits, resource rewards (plenty of places to get them) and void key rewards....seriously if I do a void capture run and get another void key for my troubles, do you truly think that helps me or even a new player, because it really doesn't. People run void missions for the prime parts and now argon...let's leave it at that and stop building the grindwall so high that you really do keep people out. I'm one of those veteran players that Steve was talking about not long ago and how shocked hr was that we would just grind and grind and grind the void for one part.....well that's all that's left for me..the new stuff you release. When I do void runs, I'm not a new player that's eternally grateful for each and every drop. I just need the newly released stuff while I anxiously await new game-changing content. So even out the drop tables please. There's no reason not to.

I am more surprised by the amount of blind loyalty DE gets even after they screw with everyone.

Are you chafed because you can't get one of the new primes? Last I recall, Warframe has one of the largest player bases to date, and this is after every update, every patch, that folks like you have had an issue with. What game would they go to? Every game demands a grind for anything either new or powerful, and every grind is the same tired and grueling process.

At least DE has thought to make some of the items available through paying, and still kept the grind to get them in. You don't have to pay, but if you want to skip the grind you'll have to. Quit complaining and make the choice, or you can go back to whatever "pure" game you take your values from.

every grind is not equal my friend, i can grind a toon in GW2 to max level and have full exotics in about a week, i could take a new toon in star trek online and have him maxed with an endgame ship in 2-3 weeks. hell i could start a new tera toon and be maxed in 2 weeks, the amount of grind in warframe is only part of the issue. also warframe may have a massive community but its not really the best community out there, i had to stop playing pub games because of how many terrible players there are, even some people past MR10 are just outright horrid gamers.

every grind is not equal my friend, i can grind a toon in GW2 to max level and have full exotics in about a week, i could take a new toon in star trek online and have him maxed with an endgame ship in 2-3 weeks. hell i could start a new tera toon and be maxed in 2 weeks, the amount of grind in warframe is only part of the issue. also warframe may have a massive community but its not really the best community out there, i had to stop playing pub games because of how many terrible players there are, even some people past MR10 are just outright horrid gamers.

I have had some issues with pub players affecting me indirectly with all the nerfs, I mean, some of them are passable, but when players complain about me stealing their kills IN A CO-OP GAME! then I kind of have trouble supporting DE's decisions, furthermore, recent nerfs actually hurt team play, Trinity can still survive by herself but she is now only a walking energy totem at most, not useful when the hardest stuff can 1 shot you regardless of damage reduction (how much is 1,000,000 Damage minus 99%? 100,000, what's the max HP+Shield any warframe can have? certainly not 100,000)

Just a question, what's the the fun in grinding?

I find it a rather interesting question, especially if you want to ask a WoW player. It usually goes something like this:

a: Why do you raid?

b: To get the best items.

a: What do you use the best items for?

b: To raid with.

Think about it. By then, you aren't playing for the fun. You're playing for the items and the numbers.

I'm not complaining about having to work for something that other people have to buy; I consider that a privilege. I'm just questioning the philosophical part of what constitutes a game.

I do find it interesting how DE locks out the new content to new and dedicated players alike, as it forces a grind.

A grind which shows the repetition and shallowness of this game. Which I know they will fix later with more lore.

As always, I'd like constructive criticism to my views, and any biases I may have.

Edit:

Just saying, IMO, the grind also alienates new players. It isn't much of a problem for people who are already geared, but it serves to taunt the new players who have to work through everything up to that point.

I agree with you, but there's no point in complaining about the grind, when you know it's going to happen and don't feel like doing it. I've ran through a dozen Interception missions trying to get keys myself, and haven't yet. This game isn't about raiding or pvp, it's still early in it's years, and they've only just begun telling the story. The new primes are a bit of added content to work for, and it's the grind that gets people ready for when they throw in a new gamemode or tileset. All those hours spent gunning for the new primes have given you credits and leveled up your gear to take on the new baddies when they're released.

New players would still have to work up to the point to get the primes anyhow, the Primes (as I see it) are a sign of progress. How far you, yourself, have gone in this game. You don't -need- the primes, you don't even have to look for them. You can go just as far for just as long with any weapon you pick up in the game and use to it's most effective. Those who buy the Primes want the progress without the process, and that's why there's a pay option. It gives players a choice between getting what you want and working with what you've got. In the end, it's the players who stuck with the defaults and worked for the primes, who can turn around and mow down any player who skipped over everything to get the shiny toys. Every player I see with the Prime Syandanas just remind me of how lazy a player can be, since you can only get that from paying, and what person's going to -just- get the $50 pack for a bot that grinds resources for you and a cosmetic item?

Let the payers play how they want, and we can grind to our hearts content. We'll know what it takes to get a mission done, and those who pay can struggle with baby steps.

I've put some money into the game because I want it to grow, it's by far the best FPS I've played to date. You don't have to stay far away, you can get up close and dice the enemies just the same. I worked for the Frost Prime, Lato Prime, Mag Prime, Rhino Prime, Boltor Prime, Sicarus Prime, and many other primes either available through packs or otherwise. There's no reason not to, and if the grind disturbs people, remember what you had to do to get to that part. Grinding is essential, and no game can go without it. It's either grind for the good stuff, or stick to a linear game with scheduled points you need to get to for the new gear. Go play Halo than, if you don't want to grind for the shiny gear, and just remember you'll only have the Spartan laser for the time it has ammo.

Every grind is not equal, but it's still the same. Hours spent doing repetitive things to get gear that either equal to or better than what your using. I can level a Minstrel in LOTRO from 1 to 95 in about four weeks, great, but I'd still have to que up for every raid and dungeon along the way if I want anything close to what I need AT level 95. This community is full of jerks (what community isn't?) and wont get any better through complaining. Once DE folds and yields to people complaining about the grind, and does away with it, then what? People will complain that the warframes need rebalancing, and DE upgrades the frames to suit player demand. Then it's "Enemies are too hard", and DE nerfs the bad guys. Now we're stuck with a game populated by people convinced they can get what they want by doing nothing but complain and whine. Not to mention gameplay designed to be a slaughterfest with not incentive to upgrade. (I smell a God of War remake coming on)

every game has it's glitches, and things aren't going to get better by complaining about the grind. It's in that grind that DE finds all those bugs people complain about.

Can we get an explanation on this Rotation A B C etc for the void survivals? Is it supposed to mean 5 10 15 20 mins or is it just a totally different loot table each time you go into the mission thus making the RNG way worse than it has already been. If anyone can clarify please let me know.

Every grind is not equal, but it's still the same. Hours spent doing repetitive things to get gear that either equal to or better than what your using. I can level a Minstrel in LOTRO from 1 to 95 in about four weeks, great, but I'd still have to que up for every raid and dungeon along the way if I want anything close to what I need AT level 95. This community is full of jerks (what community isn't?) and wont get any better through complaining. Once DE folds and yields to people complaining about the grind, and does away with it, then what? People will complain that the warframes need rebalancing, and DE upgrades the frames to suit player demand. Then it's "Enemies are too hard", and DE nerfs the bad guys. Now we're stuck with a game populated by people convinced they can get what they want by doing nothing but complain and whine. Not to mention gameplay designed to be a slaughterfest with not incentive to upgrade. (I smell a God of War remake coming on)

every game has it's glitches, and things aren't going to get better by complaining about the grind. It's in that grind that DE finds all those bugs people complain about.

some good points there, i gotta say though, in other games the grind is worthwhile because you can get upgrades, but in warframe if your already at endgame, most of what they bring out isnt useful to us at all, i mean look at the braton prime(terrible wep), the bronco/akbronco, alot of void stuff isnt an upgrade it just looks pretty, i just wanna see more worthwhile stuff for all of us endgame peoples.

Hey! Hey! Listen!

Remember, this game is still FREE TO PLAY, be thankful they're still adding content! It took Terraria almost a year to get anything new, Starbound hasn't received any updates for a few months now, and those games you have to BUY before you can even play them. They could be charging an arm and a leg like every Call of Duty game to date, or perhaps release certain parts in "expansions" like 'Orokin Void Expansion' or 'Grineer Shipyard Expansion' and ask for you to pay for them. It's not the end of the world to have to grind up for something that you're getting FOR FREE. You don't want to grind? Fine, BUY IT, quit your whining, and play!

remember that blind loyalty gets you nothing but pain at the end, what I mean? you defend everything that DE do and say nothing negative, witch are some, when more and more players get angry or discomfort at a game they will walk out, and eventually only blind loyalty players will stay, after that how much time can a f2p game survive ?

I used to play a lot of Path of Exile, then it become too bored, now and then I check the rewards for every season and play some races as long as the low rewards are good, but then once I get them I dont used them, the game is not dead because a lot of players still love it and some new come every day, I play hearthstone, a lot because I dont wanna put money into it, I'm playing more dota 2 now than dota 1, and I'm walking away from lol, slowly but surely, I never waste money in any game, was thinking on doing it in poe but luckily get bored before that, and I already use a lot of money in warframe, and now mr 16 8.6k away from 17 Im start thinking about walking away, and if I wasn't expend money on it I will surely do. And thats what hurt me the most, staying just because I don't wanna that money to be a waste.

DE should not force players to play the new content they created and, some or noone, like just to justified all the effort that they put on it, I always remember in the exit of that pipe in grineer maps, how cool could it be if the enemy keep just coming out of it, from multiple directions, endless waves of enemies, until you run out of ammo and have to melee them get overrun and die, that would be so much fun, alone and with a squad, because since survival I have nothing that makes me wanna play other than see my mr reach 17. And in a side note, when I reach 16 I stop playing for like a month, only comming back because of the money I waste, I even have a beta account with a Lato Vandal, and the fact that that gun will never reach my main account makes me sad.

I sincerely appreciate the constant upgrades that BE put in the game, but for one I will like to see something fun just pure fun instead of something that they want and later have to forced it into players, I miss raids, most of all that was fun.

remember that blind loyalty gets you nothing but pain at the end, what I mean? you defend everything that DE do and say nothing negative, witch are some, when more and more players get angry or discomfort at a game they will walk out, and eventually only blind loyalty players will stay, after that how much time can a f2p game survive ?

I used to play a lot of Path of Exile, then it become too bored, now and then I check the rewards for every season and play some races as long as the low rewards are good, but then once I get them I dont used them, the game is not dead because a lot of players still love it and some new come every day, I play hearthstone, a lot because I dont wanna put money into it, I'm playing more dota 2 now than dota 1, and I'm walking away from lol, slowly but surely, I never waste money in any game, was thinking on doing it in poe but luckily get bored before that, and I already use a lot of money in warframe, and now mr 16 8.6k away from 17 Im start thinking about walking away, and if I wasn't expend money on it I will surely do. And thats what hurt me the most, staying just because I don't wanna that money to be a waste.

DE should not force players to play the new content they created and, some or noone, like just to justified all the effort that they put on it, I always remember in the exit of that pipe in grineer maps, how cool could it be if the enemy keep just coming out of it, from multiple directions, endless waves of enemies, until you run out of ammo and have to melee them get overrun and die, that would be so much fun, alone and with a squad, because since survival I have nothing that makes me wanna play other than see my mr reach 17. And in a side note, when I reach 16 I stop playing for like a month, only comming back because of the money I waste, I even have a beta account with a Lato Vandal, and the fact that that gun will never reach my main account makes me sad.

I sincerely appreciate the constant upgrades that BE put in the game, but for one I will like to see something fun just pure fun instead of something that they want and later have to forced it into players, I miss raids, most of all that was fun.

I didn't say I supported every action, only that it's their's to make. Just as it's ours to play, or pay, our way through Warframe.

Note:  To prevent exploits with all Void Keys, if you are hosting and abort an endless mission after the objective has been completed, you will lose your key.

the entire game is based on grinding, and this accomplish only in harm solo players, and those how don't have the luck on getting they keys they need or want

I didn't say I supported every action, only that it's their's to make. Just as it's ours to play, or pay, our way through Warframe.

and is our obligation to give feedback, perhaps complaining is not the best way to do it, but frustration has a funny way to punch us, and if we all yell dilution at the same time, maybe, someone will hear us and maybe, someone will save themselves

and in that way I can stop feeling angry at this game everytime I have to grind a T4 key because when using it I will get what I want and may even get fun doing it

Edited by Funphyro

I played Today T4 Interception Match, and i Think Captain Vor Too Strong and OP (We try to kill 17 Min Long), or maybe not, Guys What are you think?? And Not dropped anything,.. Soo nice..., But All other stuff looks like great so thanks Warframe! But Captain Vor....

me and lots of player still have a few CRASHEs every day , or freezes and disconecting. This will cause to Loses LOTS OF VOID KEYS whit every crash. I think that isnt fair.

and Loki is just Awesome , thanks for that.

Edited by ___NICO___