Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 13.7.0 + 13.7.0.1: Depths Of The Void

[DE]Rebecca

Just going to hop a few pages back and address a problem with my possible explanation to why the DE's have diluted the drop table:

Mods pretty much trivialize the difficulty of this game. Sure the higher tiers are harder, but with good (gear that you actually worked a bit for) gear, you can still blaze through them especially with 4 people.

Because of this, I'm guessing that the DE's expect people to be able to run the missions easily and repeatedly, since there is a very low risk of failure. That, and failure usually doesn't have much impact since your key is not used. The only thing that is lost is time.

Now, due to the large amount of people running these missions, they are forced to dilute the drop tables to control inflation. They have to control the source of the drops and make it uncommon. They would lose profit if it took very little effort to get the things that they're selling for 80$.

I think the reason why players are getting a bit outraged is because of the tedious system of void keys and how long it takes to farm them, but that's exactly the point of reducing how common the items are.

My hypothesis also extends to other objects (especially untradable ones; an old player can just give a new player a weapon, trivializing the challenge and fun of the game itself. Also, our trade is limited, imo, because of this reason as well).

My other hypothesis as to why the DE's decided to dilute the drop tables instead of doing something else is that they really couldn't have done anything else without ruining the game.

Making the runs harder to run would definitely change the 'feel' (of a much greater chance of failure) and players of the game, who are used to the easy difficulty. Also, not only would that happen, but also only give essential parts to the people who can run them, which in turn supports elitism. Making the runs longer would have no effect on inflation due to how many people play the game, but it may alienate casual players who do not have the time for things like that.

Again, these are only hypotheses, not theories. I'd appreciate constructive criticism.

Edited by brooklynlord

Hey! Hey! Listen!

Remember, this game is still FREE TO PLAY, be thankful they're still adding content! It took Terraria almost a year to get anything new, Starbound hasn't received any updates for a few months now, and those games you have to BUY before you can even play them. They could be charging an arm and a leg like every Call of Duty game to date, or perhaps release certain parts in "expansions" like 'Orokin Void Expansion' or 'Grineer Shipyard Expansion' and ask for you to pay for them. It's not the end of the world to have to grind up for something that you're getting FOR FREE. You don't want to grind? Fine, BUY IT, quit your whining, and play!

Hey! Hey! Listen!

Remember, this game is still FREE TO PLAY, be thankful they're still adding content! It took Terraria almost a year to get anything new, Starbound hasn't received any updates for a few months now, and those games you have to BUY before you can even play them. They could be charging an arm and a leg like every Call of Duty game to date, or perhaps release certain parts in "expansions" like 'Orokin Void Expansion' or 'Grineer Shipyard Expansion' and ask for you to pay for them. It's not the end of the world to have to grind up for something that you're getting FOR FREE. You don't want to grind? Fine, BUY IT, quit your whining, and play!

You almost got me with that one LOL.

Hey! Hey! Listen!

I don't think you understand how f2p works.

A f2p game has to entice me to want to spend money on it, it doesn't make any money from me playing the game at all. There are no in-game ads (unless they are next level subliminal, in which case my hat is off). If I'm not spending any money on a f2p game, it's going to go bankrupt and die. How does a f2p entice me into giving it money? By making quality content that is deemed worth payment. I'm not going to buy any shiny attachments if I'm not having any fun playing the game. 

Edited by pepsi-tan

*Reads release notes* Huh, Bo Prime? Cool.

*Checks out drop tables* This can't go well. Probably doesn't matter seeing as I'm a solo player in a game that "supports solo play", but other people are going to be really upset about that.

I don't think you understand how f2p works.

A f2p game has to entice me to want to spend money on it, it doesn't make any money from me playing the game at all. There are no in-game ads (unless they are next level subliminal, in which case my hat is off). If I'm not spending any money on a f2p game, it's going to go bankrupt and die. How does a f2p entice me into giving it money? By making quality content that is deemed worth payment. I'm not going to buy any shiny attachments if I'm not having any fun playing the game. 

There's plenty of people willing to buy things, they don't need each and every player emptying their wallets into the game. It'd be nice for them, but it's not what they're asking. You don't have to pay for the things you don't want, but you don't have to complain about working for the things you do want.

So you guys don't want to support DE then, DE needs money in which they need to get paid to one have lives and to keep this game running, so deal with the grind or give DE money so rebecca can get a nice hairdo.

Thank you, someone else gets it!

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks at least a few people at DE are out of touch with regards to the void drop tables. It wasn't long ago that someone said on a live stream that the void "was in a good place". You were wrong then and the current tables and community response indicates that you're even more wrong now. I don't care that you put T4 keys on interception missions, but at least allow a chance for them to be rewards for wave 1 and 2 then guarantee one at wave 3. Dilution is still a problem and there is no reason for it now. There are more than enough void missions for you to spread things out evenly, yet we still get more void keys in t1 missions, we get credits, orokin cells one at a time....same prime drops in multiple void reward tables...I'm sorry, I love you guys at DE, I think you're capable of doing truly great things like you have in the past, but the bottom line is this: the void drop tables are NOT in a good place, and they never were. Whoever thinks they are has obviously not been forced to run 50 or 60 T1 keys for a single drop. Spread stuff out, get rid of the dross nobody is interested in on void runs like credits, resource rewards (plenty of places to get them) and void key rewards....seriously if I do a void capture run and get another void key for my troubles, do you truly think that helps me or even a new player, because it really doesn't. People run void missions for the prime parts and now argon...let's leave it at that and stop building the grindwall so high that you really do keep people out. I'm one of those veteran players that Steve was talking about not long ago and how shocked hr was that we would just grind and grind and grind the void for one part.....well that's all that's left for me..the new stuff you release. When I do void runs, I'm not a new player that's eternally grateful for each and every drop. I just need the newly released stuff while I anxiously await new game-changing content. So even out the drop tables please. There's no reason not to.

I'm sorry, but I really feel the need to say that I absolutely hate the whole idea of "prime" gear, because the prime warframes are historically no better, and prime weapons are just higher damage versions of what is already available. Stop stifling your creativity spending all that time placating the masses with "filler" releases and focus on making dramatic improvements. Make use of all those vaunted community ideas that blow you away. Stop making placeholders for the real deal. I've already got the awesome and stealthy Loki. I want to see something new...noy something easy. You guys have it in you yo produce that. If it meant that it would be two weeks at a time for new content that actually made a difference, I would wait happily.

Edited by Malakai111

There's plenty of people willing to buy things, they don't need each and every player emptying their wallets into the game. It'd be nice for them, but it's not what they're asking. You don't have to pay for the things you don't want, but you don't have to complain about working for the things you do want.

And once they drive away enough paying players who are tired of grinding, they'll no longer have enough money to maintain the game. And then no more f2p for you.

i love supporting DE, but having to spend 10 hrs a day trying to get something new and just getting the same old crap from new content isnt exactly my idea of fun. you know 10hrs+ of gametime each day could be me at work making a good bit more money. (and DE would get more money from me)

so in short DE,

make quality content, not more rng/nonsensical amount of grind content

And once they drive away enough paying players who are tired of grinding, they'll no longer have enough money to maintain the game. And then no more f2p for you.

Are you chafed because you can't get one of the new primes? Last I recall, Warframe has one of the largest player bases to date, and this is after every update, every patch, that folks like you have had an issue with. What game would they go to? Every game demands a grind for anything either new or powerful, and every grind is the same tired and grueling process.

At least DE has thought to make some of the items available through paying, and still kept the grind to get them in. You don't have to pay, but if you want to skip the grind you'll have to. Quit complaining and make the choice, or you can go back to whatever "pure" game you take your values from.

Just a question, what's the the fun in grinding?

I find it a rather interesting question, especially if you want to ask a WoW player. It usually goes something like this:

a: Why do you raid?

b: To get the best items.

a: What do you use the best items for?

b: To raid with.

Think about it. By then, you aren't playing for the fun. You're playing for the items and the numbers.

I'm not complaining about having to work for something that other people have to buy; I consider that a privilege. I'm just questioning the philosophical part of what constitutes a game.

I do find it interesting how DE locks out the new content to new and dedicated players alike, as it forces a grind.

A grind which shows the repetition and shallowness of this game. Which I know they will fix later with more lore.

As always, I'd like constructive criticism to my views, and any biases I may have.

Edit:

Just saying, IMO, the grind also alienates new players. It isn't much of a problem for people who are already geared, but it serves to taunt the new players who have to work through everything up to that point.

Edited by brooklynlord

Are you chafed because you can't get one of the new primes? Last I recall, Warframe has one of the largest player bases to date, and this is after every update, every patch, that folks like you have had an issue with. What game would they go to? Every game demands a grind for anything either new or powerful, and every grind is the same tired and grueling process.

At least DE has thought to make some of the items available through paying, and still kept the grind to get them in. You don't have to pay, but if you want to skip the grind you'll have to. Quit complaining and make the choice, or you can go back to whatever "pure" game you take your values from.

That's the kind of attitude that makes for a failed game.