The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Destiny's "alhpa" Look More Feature Complete Than Warframe's "beta"?

CY13ERPUNK

basically just a simple question with what is i am sure a much more nuanced and multi-layered complex answer

not trying to start a Destiny > Warframe thing, and i know Destiny has a lot more $$$ behind it, but still, at the same time can we have some constructive conversation about why such a presentation looks so lop-sided?

here's a video from my man Force at YT, in it he talks a bit about Destiny and of course its not difficult to find streamed footage of the alpha anywhere online atm

what do yall think about how "feature complete" Warframe is atm? and the priorities DE seems to be displaying?

Because DE is a small company with about 30 people working on it? all split into groups of 2-6 or so to work on varying stuff.

While Bungies has well over 100+ people working on the game in large groups of 10 or more for a certain area?

You cant compare the two in terms of how developed they are as a game because its just not a fair compare.

Destiny has more $$$

Destiny is made by bungie which made Halo

DE's only real game was Dark Sector (less exp)

DE still needs money to continue while Bungie didn't have money issue. Also Destiny was shown at least a year ago so they could prepare (Less cha-ching)

Edit: INB4movedtoofftopic

Edited by izzatuw

5 years in development, hundreds of staff and $500 million from major publisher, Activision.

As for Warframe and how its stands. One must consider that DE is self publishing the game as an in depended, getting most of its finance from its users. It is a different and almost entirely new model to develop under. I had a thread about the strange position of being a payed (as in financed from free 2 play) for a product under open beta. It is open to constant scrutiny, in a way that reveals why nobody really does this. Look at the dev's response to criticism, how hard it is to defend a work in progress, and yet many people are shelling out money so they have to listen. People playing, and paying are essentially acting as testers, until DE has the time and money to fully flesh out the game. A process that can take a long time.

I also started a thread about how easy it could have been for Warframe to be locked up in closed beta and all we would have is little peeks during E3. It would be like waiting for, The Last Guardian. 

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

Destiny has more $$$

Destiny is made by bungie which made Halo

DE's only real game was Dark Sector (less exp)

DE still needs money to continue while Bungie didn't have money issue. Also Destiny was shown at least a year ago so they could prepare (Less cha-ching)

Edit: INB4movedtoofftopic

I guess the unreal franchise wasn't comprised of real games.  The darkness II wasn't a real game either, right?

Edited by Aggh