Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Solution For Hallway/door Heroes

Awazx

But what if....

THERE'S A ROOF!

and what. if...

THE ROOM IS IN THE CENTER OF THE SHIP (rooms on all sides)

How would this system work? Enemies teleport in, or they crawl through vents?

Sounds interesting, though.

But what if....

THERE'S A ROOF!

and what. if...

Right. I admit that when I thought of this idea had in mind maps outdoors.

Solution for them? In game Report option.

How would that even work or make sense?

Easy answer is you do nothing. essentially you are pissed you are missing out on exp but going to Sechura and making sure you are on a small map ensures no heroism and generally a faster map. In fact more than a few defense type mission maps are too small to be out of range of exp.

B!tching about, "Heroes" will not help you. Playing smart when leveling frames/weapons is worth it's weight in gold. 

Haven't there been enough hero threads to realize that the real issue is threads about heroes?

DE has no Report Player for "Hero". They only have the following categories:

Spam

Offensive Language

Offensive Name

Harassment

Real-Life Threat

There's not even a category for ppl that AFK through missions.

I guess we'll have to wait until the Reputation system is implemented. I estimate January 2016.

Solution for the solution presented to work indoors;

The enemies can utilize our magical nonexistent vents to enter from the roof.

Seriously though, I'm not fond of door/hallway heroes by any stretch but that negativity aside I actually just really dig this idea.  Then we can just get that one song about precipitation and males to play and have ourselves a party.

DE has no Report Player for "Hero". They only have the following categories:

Spam

Offensive Language

Offensive Name

Harassment

Real-Life Threat

There's not even a category for ppl that AFK through missions.

I guess we'll have to wait until the Reputation system is implemented. I estimate January 2016.

cxMelej.jpg

Yup, it's there. Just make sure you add a screenshot or something.

But what if....

THERE'S A ROOF!

and what. if...

o.o simple portals in the ceiling.  Nova it up portal game style

But what if....

THERE'S A ROOF!

and what. if...

Trapdoor in the ceiling.

Cats can do it.

Ceiling_cat_no_text.gif

I think the Grineer won't have a problem doing a roof entry.

Yup, it's there. Just make sure you add a screenshot or something.

I'm pretty sure something as petty as a teammate playing the door hero isn't something that you should be wasting the staff's precious time over.

Hacking, exploiting, and harrassment are worthy of being filed as reports. Having crappy teammates is part of the game, and individual cases should only be responded to via an ingame feedback system that we're still waiting for since DE teased it like crazy in November.

Trapdoor in the ceiling.

Cats can do it.

Ceiling_cat_no_text.gif

I think the Grineer won't have a problem doing a roof entry.

I think it would be great if special Grineer units came in from trap doors on the ceiling.

I'm pretty sure something as petty as a teammate playing the door hero isn't something that you should be wasting the staff's precious time over.

Hacking, exploiting, and harrassment are worthy of being filed as reports. Having crappy teammates is part of the game, and individual cases should only be responded to via an ingame feedback system that we're still waiting for since DE teased it like crazy in November.

That image I posted was sent to me by one of the forum moderators when I PMed him about this kind of thing. Also, when I reported an AFK player I got a response from support. This was written at the very end of their message:

"Thank you for playing Warframe, and for caring about our community!" (original was not underlined)

I don't know if that's enough to convince you that reporting bad behavior is the right thing to do, but it was enough to convince me. I agree that it may not be an ideal solution. But ideal solutions are up to DE, not up to me.

Edited by Amazerath

Reporting a player because he's not playing good is what bad communities do. People should never be reported because they are not good are something, or because they're forgeting some points like XP range or container's capacity. Reports for that kind of motivation leads to bad atmosphere, trouble for new players, and extremely nasty old players.

If anyone of you have some trouble with a door hero or someone who's using life support too early, just explain it, WITHOUT ASSAULTING HIM. People who are doing that are more likely to be beginners. Report only if he's acting like an &#! after your clean advice (and if there's a proof of him being a jerk). Also we're not perfect, some of us sometimes make some goof. I remeber having used a life support thingy at 90% more than once in my some of my solo missions : I was like "Oh crap what I have done !". Too much excitement I guess. Also, make some friends. Friendship is awesome.

Reporting a player because he's not playing good is what bad communities do. People should never be reported because they are not good are something, or because they're forgeting some points like XP range or container's capacity. Reports for that kind of motivation leads to bad atmosphere, trouble for new players, and extremely nasty old players.

If anyone of you have some trouble with a door hero or someone who's using life support too early, just explain it, WITHOUT ASSAULTING HIM. People who are doing that are more likely to be beginners. Report only if he's acting like an @$$ after your clean advice (and if there's a proof of him being a jerk). Also we're not perfect, some of us sometimes make some goof. I remeber having used a life support thingy at 90% more than once in my some of my solo missions : I was like "Oh crap what I have done !". Too much excitement I guess. Also, make some friends. Friendship is awesome.

What I have been told (by a moderator) is that the report function is supposed to be used for when you have a player causing others grief. Assuming that is true, how would you differentiate a player who's "not playing good" from a player who's "causing grief"? As a moderator, your words carry a lot of weight when talking about rules (or at least that's what I believe). So I ask you to be as clear as possible when addressing such topics.

To point out an example of what I'm referring to: I can understand a mastery 2 player doing some weird and random stuff such as activating life support early or not sticking by terminals on defense missions. But a mastery 10 or 15 player deliberately going AFK at the start of a mission is not exactly what I would consider to be a lack of skill or knowledge.