The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official U13.8 Hype Megathread

Vanhline

... he (Einde) just seems too nice the way he was apologizing for all the locked hype threads.

Indeed, it's a trap. All of you are now on my mind control. You're all my slaves for eternity.

NOPE NOPE NOPE, ABANDON FAITH IN NICE EINDE.

Six weeks is still "a few weeks" actually. Sorry to burst your instant gratification syndrome bubble lol

Um, it's a subjective term, but I would've thought if he had expected it to be this long he'd have said 'a month or so'.  

A "few" is generally accepted as at least 3, and sometimes 4. For 6 weeks, you would use the word "several".

The cake is a lie.

And yes.  But i'm not being self-entitled or whatever, I just am a bit disappointed it's not ready yet, U14 looks so freakin' awesome.  So psyched for the new 'quest' system.

Um, it's a subjective term, but I would've thought if he had expected it to be this long he'd have said 'a month or so'.  

The cake is a lie.

And yes.  But i'm not being self-entitled or whatever, I just am a bit disappointed it's not ready yet, U14 looks so freakin' awesome.  So psyched for the new 'quest' system.

Yup, and cause it's so awesome, it has to stay cooking for as long as it has to to stay awesome otherwise it'll arrived unfinished and broken.

Don't worry, I don't assume everyone whose looking forward to U14 is self-entitled. Just those cursing at DE for not working fast enough lol.

12.8 was Rhino Prime with lot more new stuff added if I don't mistake.

Now for 13.8 I expect some new prime weapons (please Aklex Prime) and hopefully the T4-not-saving-progresses fix.

Still 12pm at their base though.

Edited by CookingFood

Six weeks is still "a few weeks" actually. Sorry to burst your instant gratification syndrome bubble lol

Actually it all depends on perspective.  A ,means "a small number of".  Not whether or not 6 can be a small number really depends on each individual and situation.  If you go your doctor and if he says "I'm sorry but you have a terminal disease and the best estimate is that you only have 6 more weeks to live."  Then to most people that's a very small number and those 6 weeks are probably gonna go by fast and it would be understandable to call them "a few".

Now on the other hand if a guy comes home from work one day and his wife says "Oh hi honey, my mother in law is going to come and stay with us for 6 weeks."  Then to a lot of guys that 6 six weeks is suddenly an eternity and there is no way they would classify it as "a few".  

Now in this instance when DE comes out and says that an update is "a few weeks away", then most people are gonna expect it in about 3 weeks maybe 4 because a lot of areas generally "a few" to be about three.   So therefore when it's 6 weeks and no sign of that big update, they're gonna get upset.  Even more so considering that the update is most likely still not ready yet and may not be out for "a few" more weeks thus making the total amount of time to be about 10 weeks from the date that Steve said "a few weeks" for u14.  

A lot of people do not consider "a few" to be about 10, but them again, it's all based on perspective and the situation.

There's your lecture for the day kids, now try and go learn a few other things this summer so your brains don't atrophy into piles of goop from playing video games all day every day.   Get some exercise or read a book.   That way when you get back to school in the fall and the teacher gives out a quiz or test, you'll ace it and look smart because you kept on top of things while your classmates just goofed off all summer and now look like dumbasses compared to you.

12.8 was Rhino Prime with lot more new stuff added if I don't mistake.

Now for 13.8 I expect some new prime weapons (please Aklex Prime) and hopefully the T4-not-saving-progresses fix.

Still 12pm at their base though.

Yet Loki Prime dropped in 13.7 (Rhino Prime was 12.6 by the way). So we've already had that update, which also included Vor. Don't expect a whole lot. We're getting some new armor, and maybe a new weapon. It's not much to get hyped about, really.

Sooooo... we got an Official non-major Update Hype thread...?

Did the Forums go full Retard... or...?

[spoiler]...Is DE holding a surprise for us...?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

EDIT: Spoilers failing again, but I ain't fixin' it this time.

In fact, I don't think I'll fix them anymore. It's DE's goddamn job. so either they do it or handle the broken spoilers. I'm done having to do this...

Edited by CenSilver

Actually it all depends on perspective.  A ,means "a small number of".  Not whether or not 6 can be a small number really depends on each individual and situation.  If you go your doctor and if he says "I'm sorry but you have a terminal disease and the best estimate is that you only have 6 more weeks to live."  Then to most people that's a very small number and those 6 weeks are probably gonna go by fast and it would be understandable to call them "a few".

Now on the other hand if a guy comes home from work one day and his wife says "Oh hi honey, my mother in law is going to come and stay with us for 6 weeks."  Then to a lot of guys that 6 six weeks is suddenly an eternity and there is no way they would classify it as "a few".  

Now in this instance when DE comes out and says that an update is "a few weeks away", then most people are gonna expect it in about 3 weeks maybe 4 because a lot of areas generally "a few" to be about three.   So therefore when it's 6 weeks and no sign of that big update, they're gonna get upset.  Even more so considering that the update is most likely still not ready yet and may not be out for "a few" more weeks thus making the total amount of time to be about 10 weeks from the date that Steve said "a few weeks" for u14.  

A lot of people do not consider "a few" to be about 10, but them again, it's all based on perspective and the situation.

There's your lecture for the day kids, now try and go learn a few other things this summer so your brains don't atrophy into piles of goop from playing video games all day every day.   Get some exercise or read a book.   That way when you get back to school in the fall and the teacher gives out a quiz or test, you'll ace it and look smart because you kept on top of things while your classmates just goofed off all summer and now look like dumbasses compared to you.

LOL! I love how my post is a side topic :P

But on that note, I did post another post afterwards explaining my reasoning which isn't based on relativity (but I do agree saying "a few" is very subjective). Personally, and with a lot of people, the order goes from "a few" to "a dozen". Since a dozen is 12, and we're on week 6, I still consider it "a few", and I'm sure a lot of people who know nothing about warframe and U14 (and the corresponding hype) would consider 6 to be a few (or half a dozen)