Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Level 15 - You Win A Prize

Dark5eiD

can you elaborate on luck based. not following. i think it shows players as being diversified. 

He means that all warframes and prime weapons are required for xp, and xp is required for mastery rank. Thus, when one cannot get a piece they need after hours of farming, like the rhino prime chassis, then until they get that piece(s) then they will be unable to rank up in mastery after a certain point. Same goes with regular weapons that require resources. One can only craft so much before he has to go out and grind for materials again, hence stopping them from leveling up.

The 30 plat is not free per se. This bonus is tagged onto your account for the next purchase of platinum from said account. Meaning that should you buy the 75 plat bundle, you will instead receive 105 plat. This is from the wiki, if I have been misinformed, apologies

You probably were misinformed. Look at the screenshot I showed from the quote you took. The player had 30 platinum ADDED TO THEIR ACCOUNT. It's even written that if they wanted more, it was the time because that login reward comes with a 50% discount as well.

There's also a comment on the wiki that confirms what I'm saying:

"Darthmufin, no, it isn't a bonus. I got it on the first day I restarted playing Warframe on the same account I had a year ago. 30 plat was added to my account free of charge.

So, there IS a way to get plat through LRs."

Edited by Casardis

can you elaborate on luck based. not following. i think it shows players as being diversified. 

He means that all warframes and prime weapons are required for xp, and xp is required for mastery rank. Thus, when one cannot get a piece they need after hours of farming, like the rhino prime chassis, then until they get that piece(s) then they will be unable to rank up in mastery after a certain point. Same goes with regular weapons that require resources. One can only craft so much before he has to go out and grind for materials again, hence stopping them from leveling up.

That, plus Brakk, Detron, Stalker x3 weapons, and event weapons. You also have to be lucky enough to be online to get Vauban too.

However, once we have enough market + clan tech weapons and frames to get us to MR 30, it will be no longer an issue of luck. So I'll see you in 10 years :)

Edited by Archistopheles

thanks for your explanation.

but i dont think its luck. if you play the game you will have resources to build whatever you need. as far as farming prime parts in the void. you can usually get whatever you are looking for with a little bit of determination. if worse comes to worse, you can sell some items for some plats and buy the one component you are having trouble with.

I would like it if I could get a fourth extractor personally, I've loved those things since one of them once got me 7 neural sensors, also got 4 neurodes once. Lately I've been using them to farm polymer bundles for me, at least one of them usually returns ~300 to ~550 bundles every 4 hours, and completely covers the costs of my team restores with enough left over for some specters.

Also, weapons that actually require a mastery rank higher than 8 would be nice, gives people something to work towards instead of having 87.4% of the weapons fall into your lap as soon as you hit rank 6.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

That, plus Brakk, Detron, Stalker x3 weapons, and event weapons. You also have to be lucky enough to be online to get Vauban too.

However, once we have enough market + clan tech weapons and frames to get us to MR 30, it will be no longer an issue of luck. So I'll see you in 10 years :)

in regards to brakk, detron, stalker vauban. i guess that is luck. i was lucky enough to get brakk from an event. stalker had a spell for a couple months where he was dropping like crazy and i manged to hunt him down enough. detron i recently obtained and that was a huge pain in the neck. vauban i never found to be hard to get. either way are these weapons enough to stop you from getting to 15? i dont think so. if you actually leveled every weapon in the game does it not bring you to mastery rank 16?

An inventory slot would be good.

This^

It's the idea I will continue to stick by. I believe that every mastery rank you should be awarded one free Warframe and/or weapon slot, preferably both imo. That way, not only are you given a greater incentive to pursue higher mastery ranks, you can actually pursue those higher ranks without having to sell your favorite gun or Warframe just to get something new that you might not even like.

Simple answer if you can answer to that : Why not? 

(since you don't have anything else to do with your rank , make it worth something)

That's exactly it.

You don't have anything else to do with your rank. Until that changes, DE shouldn't reward players for climbing the Epeen-tower.

I strongly believe there should be some type of extra reward to hype people up. Like, 50 plat doesn't sound bad at all. Or even they add weapons that you can only get from mastery, gifted to your inbox. It would seem more rewarding and would attract more players to ranking up. Rank 8 seems to be the last rank in which I've seen a player have to achieve in order to get something new, Dragon Nikana. But having more of a reward system, not just "hey, you've ranked up, now you can go bust a nut after a new weapon in which you probably don't have enough weapon slots cause you're low on platinum", you know? I just believe the DE's should add some sort of reward system for mastery.

Supporting you.

Why should the game reward you for mindlessly grinding weapons and warframes you don't even enjoy using?

This. 

Mastery shouldn't be determined by how many weapons you slogged through.  It should be determined simply by exp, or Missions Completed, or something more interesting and intuitive than just grinding equipment.

You probably were misinformed. Look at the screenshot I showed from the quote you took. The player had 30 platinum ADDED TO THEIR ACCOUNT. It's even written that if they wanted more, it was the time because that login reward comes with a 50% discount as well.

There's also a comment on the wiki that confirms what I'm saying:

"Darthmufin, no, it isn't a bonus. I got it on the first day I restarted playing Warframe on the same account I had a year ago. 30 plat was added to my account free of charge.

So, there IS a way to get plat through LRs."

In that case, someone should really change this footnote:

The bonus platinum awarded in newer rewards (eg. 50% off platinum plus 30 free platinum) can only be awarded when you make a purchase of platinum on the store. Meaning, you do not get free platinum simply by claiming the reward, and simply get that as a bonus tacked on to your platinum purchase amount.

Edited by Vesper3

• 3 weeks later...

Question: I've heard some people say that you can get free platinum on login rewards. But according to Wikia  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Login_Rewards you can only get free platinum in the 0-2 tier.

So to get free platinum, only chance is NOT TO PLAY every three days. This is the first game I see that encourages players not to play. Ephitome of absurd.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.