Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14 Hype Megathread... U14 Has Been Released!

Rennagade

CALLING IT NOW

The update this week will be an event. After the event update 14 will come. What will it be? Maybe get information from grineer and corpus ships on an old orokin era shipyard? Collect gene samples from the kubrow and data units from special void ships? Toss a Salad five times? I dunno.

But I'm hoping for an event, keep us sociopathic space ninjas busy.

Or maybe there'll be an event next week.

CALLING IT NOW

The update this week will be an event. After the event update 14 will come. What will it be? Maybe get information from grineer and corpus ships on an old orokin era shipyard? Collect gene samples from the kubrow and data units from special void ships? Toss a Salad five times? I dunno.

But I'm hoping for an event, keep us sociopathic space ninjas busy.

Or maybe there'll be an event next week.

Humm yes that does seem logical they whold do that, an event involving that and then we get it the next week. But I hope they just punch the numbers in now and allow the update to drop

About 2 and half months ago Steve said U14 would be ready "in a few weeks".  Since DE has since moved to Valve time, I would expect U14 to be released sometime around Christmas but I wouldn't get my hopes up.  

About 2 and half months ago Steve said U14 would be ready "in a few weeks".  Since DE has since moved to Valve time, I would expect U14 to be released sometime around Christmas but I wouldn't get my hopes up.  

or maybe July 4th, 2015 lol

Wasn't the dark sector PVP thing coming as well in U14?

Only if it was finished in time. 

Also I was curious and did some number crunching. 

This is the longest we have been between major updates (All +Day counts are based from previous date and include the end day in count):

Update 1: 26th OCT 2012
Update 2: 29th OCT 2012 (+3 Days)
Update 3: 30th OCT 2012 (+1 Day)
Update 4: 03rd NOV 2012 (+4 Days)
Update 5: 19th DEC 2012 (+47 Days)
Update 6: 30th JAN 2013 (+43 Days)
Update 7: 18th MAR 2013 (+48 Days)
Update 8: 23rd MAY 2013 (+67 Days)
Update 9: 13th JULY 2013 (+52 Days)
Update 10: 14th SEP 2013 (+64 Days)
Update 11: 21st NOV 2013 (+69 Days)
Update 12: 06th FEB 2014 (+78 Days)
Update 13: 10th APR 2014 (+64 Days)
Update 14: ?????????? (+90 Days and counting)

We know U14 is not tomorrow (Go watch devstream #32 if you don't believe me). Earliest expected release of Update 14 is 16th of July (+98 days) and even this has not been confirmed by DE. Now it does have a few big changes to the game. However I am starting to feel this patch has been build up to much and wont deliver much. Ships and quest will be fun but short lived by vets (in my opinion from what we have seen so far, of course). Kubrows will be interesting based on how the "genetics" are going to work. However I worry on the lack of game-play changes and additions. We will have to wait and see sadly as no one knows. 

Personally I would have preferred focus system or proxy wars over kubrows. Still don't understand why kubrows were pushed up in developer importance over end game content. 
Edited by MDRLOz

I've come to the point sadly that I just don't care anymore, plus I'm tired of bothering DEDrew who has been very cool in letting me know if U14 is coming out in previous weeks so I don't waste my time waiting. I also have a feeling that this Wednesday is going to be another meh hotfix.

I also have a feeling that this Wednesday is going to be another meh hotfix.

Well they said on devstream #32 this week was the intended release date for U14. However it has been pushed back. So I doubt they will push out some thing pre-big patch. 

It will make two weeks running without new content. Like playing a normal game :sad face:

Edited by MDRLOz

Personally I would have preferred focus system or proxy wars over kubrows. Still don't understand why kubrows were pushed up in developer importance over end game content.

My thoughts?

Pets were originally considered by DE to be too complex and complicated regarding pathing to attempt. Can someone pull that quote up for me? Currently on my phone, multitasking is rather limited for me at the moment.

My point is, now that we actually are getting pets, I'm surprised no one has considered that kubrows may be a step in the right direction for that upgraded AI most players want. Just keep that in mind.

My point is, now that we actually are getting pets, I'm surprised no one has considered that kubrows may be a step in the right direction for that upgraded AI most players want. Just keep that in mind.

Dont make me paste some Dr. "Notionphil" on you. I thought we were all done calling for "Better AI" it does not mean anything when you actually think about what AI means and what can actually change fight to fight in game. You want more mechanics for enemies and better ways to interact with enemies.  Still not arriving in Update 14 and I doubt Kubrows will help that.

Edited by MDRLOz

In regards to the Kubrows, though they will be a new "shiny" realistically how often will you take them on a mission once you level them to 30. Since they have said they will take the sentinel slot, will you sacrifice your Carrier or Djinn for a Kubrow. I can't see them being no more than a novelty once you get them to level 30, they will be like the so called "armor" that does nothing for your Warframe.