Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14 Hype Megathread... U14 Has Been Released!

Rennagade

I'm not hyped at all for this new update, I'm waiting for the one update that's soley focused on fixing and polishing all of the current existing content that's been in the game for awhile now.

I don't care about the Kubrows or the new UI or even the new player ship, I just want to see everything get polished first before we move on to another big update.\

---

Like others have said, the last livestream was nothing more than a hype train, they did not discuss anything about fixing existing content other than looking at some frames.

I hope in their next livestream, they will have noticed this. Not many of us have liked what we seen in the last couple livestreams, it's all new content after new content and nothing is ever done about what we currently have, they need to slow it down and make the next update purely a polishing update with no new content.

That will be the one update everyone will be happy and excited for.

Edited by __Kanade__

nah it wont - its coming to close to the typical Major update date length - it will be the 9th most likely trust me 

think about it everything you had seen in the stream was nearly finished just refining and polishing and a couple other steps needed to be taken and since that livestream im sure they have worked on it alot along with other things

so im sure 1-2 weeks is the total max before we can expect the update

Come this Wednesday we'll already be 3 weeks past the longest time between major updates the game has ever had.  At this point I'd say it's kind of pointless to guess when it actually will happen.

Come this Wednesday we'll already be 3 weeks past the longest time between major updates the game has ever had.  At this point I'd say it's kind of pointless to guess when it actually will happen.

Ow. OW. OWWW. That's right, isn't it?

Such a long wait time.. and for what? Ships, llama dogs, some weapons, and a new frame that looks like a mix of two already existing frames?

Dunno what to think about this update, everyone. I guess the effort is also put into the new new new UI overhaul and the starchart getting wiped out.

We may see Alad V again this update, though. And Golem.

Ow. OW. OWWW. That's right, isn't it?

Such a long wait time.. and for what? Ships, llama dogs, some weapons, and a new frame that looks like a mix of two already existing frames?

Dunno what to think about this update, everyone. I guess the effort is also put into the new new new UI overhaul and the starchart getting wiped out.

We may see Alad V again this update, though. And Golem.

Eh it's only the player ship that I really have any problems with.  As cool as it looks, it's really just eye candy.  All the same goals could have been accomplished with changes to the current 2d UI and undoubtedly have taken less time to implement.  Seeing actual game play systems like the focus system pushed back for that is pretty disappointing.

Why are you guys so excited about U14?

Yes, at first I liked it and i was so excited, I've been waiting for some End Game content (DS definitely aren't End Game) and Kubrows.

But now... after they said, that Ship & Quest had more priority than Focus system. I don't know. It's not interesting for me.

What we really need, I think, is bug fixes, fixes for crashing & disconnect issues, Weapon balance (especially for Clan-tech), not more and more stuff and cosmetic.

And what we are expecting from U14?

- Sword'n'Board: another 3 days for Research and 24Hrs for craft or RNG-drop, which makes me angry as hell.

- Tenno Ships: it looks beautiful, but it's just your new Main Menu. It was good for EVE or Mass Effect, but... WF is a session game.

- Kubrows: we'll see.

- New Hysteria

- New Tileset: That's good, yes... But there's also an old tilesets w/o any changes. Well, can't wait for BG tileset - it's awesome.

- New Enemies(?): would be really great, if they will'be strong, so you need to use a tactic and teamplay. Not just they will have x2 dmg multiplier or x5 HP/Armor/Shields values.

- Golem +New Frame: to be honest, i'm already tired of them (frames), but there's a new players, who would like it

- Quest: we'll see.

- Def-rewards tweaks(?): after they put a T4 keys with the horrible droplist «i'll definitely feel good». It's really bad.

- Sniper Rifles buff(?): can't wait for it, but... buff them for what? There's no maps for sniping. Yeah, it was a Corpus Dam 'till they changed AI paths. In add~, we can't remove the scopes from SRs.

Rebecca once said:

A lot of the time content is played faster than we can make it.  We're lucky that we get to update regularly, but unlucky because even with all the Fixes/Changes, the 'meaty' things people suffering from burnout want seem far off and another Tenno Reinforcement may not be up to par (maybe that's putting it lightly). We do try and do regular events (with Specters of Liberty just wrapping up on PS4 yesterday), and hopefully one coming... dare I say soon, on PC, which adds flavour/excitement. Of course, the events aren't there all the time which means it's hard to be sure how invested you should become in Warframe any given week depending on what you're after. Most (not all) long term players are after the systemic changes and improvements - Damage 2.0, Melee 2.0, HUD 2.0. These take more time, but there seems to always be another 2.0 on the table. Both prior examples were implemented based on feedback from the players.

Because Warframe is free, there is little risk in taking a break and coming back when you hear word of an event/weapon/update/new system or overhaul that grabs your attention, because we'll be updating as long as humanly possible. And ultimately it'll be a click away when it's time to pin some enemies to the wall with a bow or use melee channel to disintegrate your enemies.

I know, DE trying their best.

But, guys, let's show them some love and give them some time to finish it in the best shape.

Edited by Spectre-Agent

Can someone tell me around when U14 is coming out? I check my computer everyday just to be disappointed...

You should know. All major updates come out on Wednesdays, U14 will be released next week probably, because "The U14 ship is still under construction this week".

You should know. All major updates come out on Wednesdays, U14 will be released next week probably, because "The U14 ship is still under construction this week".

We don't know when U14 is coming out. Last week people said U14 was coming out this week, and they were wrong.

@AntoineFlemming

Yes that is sort of why I asked *facepalm* -_-

I don't see why you asked if you know that July 2nd is part of this week. You don't release something if it's under construction, and being under construction "this week" means that it's not going to be released "this week". Again, I just don't see why you asked. I'm guessing you just missed that part of his post (the "this week" part).

The U14 ship is still under construction this week, but when it is ready, there will be no doubts, no questions, about its arrival.

You will know.

-snip-

Actually I'm pretty sure Drew, among other various employees, has a lot of jobs.