Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Fart Poison Cloud Mobs ?

TennoPain

I THINK THEY SHOULD BE ''NERFED''  fixed THEY DO WAY TOO MUCH DAMAGE also they get stuck everywhere .....and this is just the first in the series of the new mobs ... BAD job on these if u ask me 

Edited by TennoPain

I think they need to be toned down in damage, not just because of the toxin proc, since aren't they supposed to be support units? If this was the Juggernaut that's coming, sure, I could see that damage output, provided it properly telegraphs and such. They carry crawlers into battle, great. But it's like a tank carrying a gunman into battle, the tank's more dangerous by itself so the gunman's almost irrelevant. I would approve of a damage nerf, with another effect to replace the toxin proc, to better suit a support role. It's like if shield ospreys were the most dangerous corpus unit because they snipe you with a cannon, it's not so much the damage, but the nonsensical nature of its role that irks me.

1) Damage should be nerfed since they're a support unit. With the upcoming Juggernaut who also has long ranged toxin attacks, we don't need so many high damage, shield-bypassing offense.

2) Its fart dash may need to be adjusted so that it's more telegraphed. Unlike Oxium Ospreys, they don't make such a distinct sound when dashing.

3) Farts may be replaced with a more strategic move for both the enemy and players in the form of Torid-like grenades. That way, someone can aggro its attacks in a place they want, and they will also be more dodgeable (like Lephantis' grenades, that's done much better). They will actually attack on you (therefore more strategic for them), instead of releasing a gas on their current location (sometimes they will do that far away from you, which just makes them look stupid).

4) Poison cloud will need to be much smaller, since sometimes it blocks an entire hallway in a ridiculous fashion. As a compensation, following the grenade throw concept, they can make it so that they can shoot a maximum of 3 grenade in a single "dash" (with reasonable delay between each shot).

In that sense, it can be seen as a "nerf" but at least it might be a bit better when fighting against them, since they will involve more player-engagement in terms of dodging, aggro-ing, etc. More player engagement usually leads to more fun.

EDIT:

5) Increase their hitbox. At the very least, make their hitbox be what we see for Lotus' sake, just like regular Ospreys.

Edited by Casardis

I think they need to be toned down in damage, not just because of the toxin proc, since aren't they supposed to be support units? If this was the Juggernaut that's coming, sure, I could see that damage output, provided it properly telegraphs and such. They carry crawlers into battle, great. But it's like a tank carrying a gunman into battle, the tank's more dangerous by itself so the gunman's almost irrelevant. I would approve of a damage nerf, with another effect to replace the toxin proc, to better suit a support role. It's like if shield ospreys were the most dangerous corpus unit because they snipe you with a cannon, it's not so much the damage, but the nonsensical nature of its role that irks me.

Maybe the juggernaut will be much stronger than the osprey currently is :P

I think it would be balanced if the mob did the lunge thing in a fatal way (like the oxium drone) and detonated (like the oxium drone) with a lingering poison cloud, that way it makes sense, and it won't flutter around like an annoying little death butterfly. Also, it would be cool to have a mutalist osprey sentinel skin, either purchasable for platinum or buildable (albeit for an insane amount) from the Bio Lab.

Nerf the damage I say. It's toxin, no matter how weak it is, it will still drain your health directly. Considering  how they frequently spawn, a room full of fart would be catastrophic even if it only does little damage.

I play Nyx, so mutalisks having huge damage numbers isn't such a bad thing. What could be better than them farting on you? Have them fart on you AND the other infested! Its like having those OP grineer seekers become chaos'd or mind controlled, those super guns are now your assets. And if things actually get worse, you can just pop absorb and sit out the toxic proc effect.

What bothers me about mutalisks, however, is that they have no real direction. What I mean is that they often like to wander around the map almost aimlessly. This often means they like to hug the walls or scamper away from objectives, making defense missions take much longer. Oh, and their hitbox is awfully small compared to their actual body. When your OP brakk with 180% multishot has trouble killing them, its a problem.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Oh, and their hitbox is awfully small compared to their actual body. When your OP brakk with 180% multishot has trouble killing them, its a problem.

Yeah. I do find their hitbox quite small compared on how easy to shoot a normal Osprey 

Simple solution of the OP dmg and "feels not like a support" thing: reduce its dmg to 0 and make it proc viral 100%

Cutting down your health by half for 6 seconds is pretty strong but wont kill you if there are no other enemies, they wont kill the pod in defenses anymore, won't kill rushers, but can be very deadly when combined with other units, especially if that juggernaut gets released. Also: no further balancing on higher levels.

Edited by Scr4mp

Nerf the damage I say. It's toxin, no matter how weak it is, it will still drain your health directly. Considering  how they frequently spawn, a room full of fart would be catastrophic even if it only does little damage.

Especially when you're running a primarily shields built frame, like Rhino for instance.