Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Reload Speed

Cwierz

For as much as I love this weapon, the main problem with it as it stands is currently not the damage it does. The reload speed of the weapon is just to damn long for a weapon with only two shots. Personally, I would like to see the reload speed changed to 1.0 at base to be in line with the vectis sniper rifle.

The shotgun feels nigh-unusable at times simply because of the amount of reloading, and without a tactical pump that time clocks in at 1.8, nearly a full two seconds.

Vauban and punch through will solve this problem, I only need to reload once per wave at least until higher levels i mean. Its almost like they knew what they were doing when they made the phased skins because this gun synergizes with Booben so well. With Vortex, Tigris actually can destroy most waves in the two blasts before it has to reload.

Edited by Sedant

Though I'm not exactly against amping up its reload speed, it's not outlandishly slow in its current form.  It just needs a little nudge, not for its reload speed to be doubled seeing as how innately powerful the gun is currently.  In my opinion of course.

Part of the delay felt is due to how automatic reloading is handled.  The gun won't start reloading the instant you need it reloaded.  This is circumvented by pressing the reload key immediately upon firing your second shot.

Vauban and punch through will solve this problem

-snip-

The thing is, if you "require" a certain set up to use one part of your arsenal, then the mentioned item needs some looking at. It's unfair to tell players that they NEED to farm/acquire other items just so they can effectively use the one item they like.

well, if going down from nearly 2 seconds to 1 would make the reload look frantic, why not make the gun reload both shells at a time?  Borderlands does it this way and it makes sense even in a more realistic (I say that lightly) setting than what we've got going on here.

This gun's concept is a double barreled shotgun, and in theory, it's doing what it's supposed to.  It's supposed to hit hard and take a bit to reload.  However, either the damage isn't up to par to make up for the slow reload, or the reload needs to be sped up to make up for the lack in damage.  If we reload quicker, it'll make it just like any other shotgun we have, except the trigger is different.  I honestly think this thing just needs to hit harder to make up for the time it takes to reload (although, if you're fighting a group of enemies that are really spread out, it won't make much of a difference in practice.)

[snip]

Part of the delay felt is due to how automatic reloading is handled.  The gun won't start reloading the instant you need it reloaded.  This is circumvented by pressing the reload key immediately upon firing your second shot.

I think the fire rate is what lessens the delay between the shots and the reload, but I may be wrong.

Edit: wording derp.

Edited by Undead_Zeratul

Vauban and punch through will solve this problem

Though that's not really a good solution.

Saying "Oh the weapon is fine because Booben's Vortex makes it really nice" doesn't mean much. Heck, the same can be said about the Torid which if people have spent time using would feel it could do with some changes (Vortex actually makes it be able to hit multiple targets though, and keeps them in place for the gas clouds to tick out on them for full duration)

As far as the Tigris goes... It really could do with assistance with it's reload speed.

It requires a reload after every shot (Either 2 bullets fired or a single shot then reload to cancel the second shot), and a 1.8 second reload speed really cripples this weapon (Modded down to 1.38 helps, but not enough)

The damage it deals doesn't make up for this time reloading either - What with only doing 25 more damage than the Hek (Though, Hek also has arguably better damage type to make up for it).

Comparing the Hek with Tactical Pump to Tigris with Tactical Pump it ends up with the Hek doing 25 less base damage and having a 0.31 slower reload... But double the magazine capacity and primarily puncture damage.

For clarification, this isn't just a buff without reason, sometimes the weapon just feels downright unusable because of the reload speed. I love the trigger, and the weapon itself, but the reload time is just jarring to say the least.

Been among the main buff suggestions for a lng time, and many people agreed on it. I sometimes have to wonder how they come to the conclusion that it's still "fine as it is." Shotguns aren't really good compared to many weapons already, so they don't need to be looked down by DE even more.

Please buff its reload speed. Do not bandaid it with an eventual Prime please.

Come on DE if Doom guy can reload the weapon in one second why can not Tenno. I mean look at the Doom 2. He just says nope to reload time nearly. Just don't make something like what is totally pulled from Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil. That reload animation is seems to be just copied from Doom 3 RoE.

I think lots of people are getting wrong the concept of the tigris, It is a weapon to bring to something like exterminate or capture missions to take down easily targets and if the reload speed it´s a problem bring a fast hiting pistol to solve it. 

The weapons don´t have to be simmilar, they have to be different so you bring different ones to different kind of missions is that easy, Having different tiers of weapons and different styles does not kill balance, it brings variety. There´s a weapon for every job and you have to think smart ways to use them like with the Vauban example. That´s funny fact of this game, at least for me.

I think lots of people are getting wrong the concept of the tigris, It is a weapon to bring to something like exterminate or capture missions to take down easily targets and if the reload speed it´s a problem bring a fast hiting pistol to solve it. 

Erm no.

Its a doubled barreled shotgun, that cannot effectively do its job as a gun because you spend more time reloading then you do firing and aiming.

Vauban and punch through will solve this problem, I only need to reload once per wave at least until higher levels i mean. Its almost like they knew what they were doing when they made the phased skins because this gun synergizes with Booben so well. With Vortex, Tigris actually can destroy most waves in the two blasts before it has to reload.

Just because a weapon has long reload that doesn't really matter with Vauban, doesn't mean it synergizes better than other weapons with him.

Except, it's range (Because of pellet spread), damage (The 400 base damage for the 2 nigh instant shots can be matched and beaten by many weapons) and reload speed makes it a functionally redundant weapon.

There are other similar one-shot-wonder weapons, but they are significantly more usable outside incredibly niche situations (The aforementioned Vortex Skeet Shooting and your mentioned specific use against a handful of targets in an entire mission)

The Tigris is not by any means an assassination weapon by design. Sniper Rifles and Bows are - They have long range and high accuracy to pick off the important targets without being in any danger. Even then, they are still usable because their other stats aren't as crippling - Bows and Vectis have limited magazines like the Tigris, but they also only spend 1 second Charging or Reloading respectively. This means that they're not meant for mowing down targets by the dozen, but does mean that their single shots aren't so slow that they are impractical in normal gameplay.

The Tigris has damage equivalent to the Bow/Vectis - But the reload/refire equivalent to that of the full-auto rifles with 60-100 round magazines. This fact is exacerbated by the fact that the nature of shotguns (The spread and damage falloff) means that you need to be up close with targets - Which would be fine if targets really did come in a frequency that allowed you to run in blast them in the face and then move on with no issues, but instead enemies come en masse so you'll go in to take out 1 target and have 5-10 more constantly shooting at you (Even on small exterminate missions)

Edited by Tarille

well, if going down from nearly 2 seconds to 1 would make the reload look frantic, why not make the gun reload both shells at a time?  Borderlands does it this way and it makes sense even in a more realistic (I say that lightly) setting than what we've got going on here.

This gun's concept is a double barreled shotgun, and in theory, it's doing what it's supposed to.  It's supposed to hit hard and take a bit to reload.  However, either the damage isn't up to par to make up for the slow reload, or the reload needs to be sped up to make up for the lack in damage.  If we reload quicker, it'll make it just like any other shotgun we have, except the trigger is different.  I honestly think this thing just needs to hit harder to make up for the time it takes to reload (although, if you're fighting a group of enemies that are really spread out, it won't make much of a difference in practice.)

I think the fire rate is what lessens the delay between the shots and the reload, but I may be wrong.

Edit: wording derp.

I'd be all up for just ramping up its damage further, keep it in its niche and just make it the best at that specific thing.

Anyways yeah, fire rate does decrease the natural delay that occurs before your character auto-reloads.  However you can manual reload instantly after firing, making the delay moot.  Doing that really does make the Tigris feel pretty solid in terms of reloading already, at least to me.  I do the same thing on a Vectis with Critical Delay (more reliable crit rate) which nullifies the drawback of said mod.  Additionally on that note, reducing the fire rate on the Tigris also has no drawbacks so long as you don't increase the magazine size, since the trigger type allows for two shots to happen without regards to the fire rate.

Right on, OP. This is why I haven't really been bothering with the Tigris - 2 shots and all that reloading. Actually, I would not like to see any weapon with a tiny magazine have a reload time above 2 seconds, given the pace of the game.

EDIT: Add Vulkar to that list, 4 seconds is too long for any weapon!

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

Except, it's range (Because of pellet spread), damage (The 400 base damage for the 2 nigh instant shots can be matched and beaten by many weapons) and reload speed makes it a functionally redundant weapon.

There are other similar one-shot-wonder weapons, but they are significantly more usable outside incredibly niche situations (The aforementioned Vortex Skeet Shooting and your mentioned specific use against a handful of targets in an entire mission)

The Tigris is not by any means an assassination weapon by design. Sniper Rifles and Bows are - They have long range and high accuracy to pick off the important targets without being in any danger. Even then, they are still usable because their other stats aren't as crippling - Bows and Vectis have limited magazines like the Tigris, but they also only spend 1 second Charging or Reloading respectively. This means that they're not meant for mowing down targets by the dozen, but does mean that their single shots aren't so slow that they are impractical in normal gameplay.

The Tigris has damage equivalent to the Bow/Vectis - But the reload/refire equivalent to that of the full-auto rifles with 60-100 round magazines. This fact is exacerbated by the fact that the nature of shotguns (The spread and damage falloff) means that you need to be up close with targets - Which would be fine if targets really did come in a frequency that allowed you to run in blast them in the face and then move on with no issues, but instead enemies come en masse so you'll go in to take out 1 target and have 5-10 more constantly shooting at you (Even on small exterminate missions)

Pretty much sums up how I feel. The vectis feels much better suited to general combat then the tigris does, and the sniper class is even being looked at for buffs!

I like both the Tigris and the Sybaris. The latter is a current build project of me, just because I like the gun.

I wanted to like the Tigris. Really.

But the reload speed kills it for me.

Sad truth is, if I just de-equip my primary, the Marelok, or even The Lex does the job better.

Same with Tigris. If I have Brakk or Akbronco Prime... Tigris would just be cosmetic. Use on time, switch weapons, reload when time is given.

That's just sad.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M