Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are Accessories So Useless?

Kestral9999

Custom armor sets should have base stats added to your Warframe instead of being strictly cosmetic. Same goes for Syandanas and Sugatra. I want to actually use some kind of logic when choosing what accessories go on a Warframe or weapon instead of just "Eh, that looks cool." 

I understand that they are useless by their very nature as Accessories, but renaming them as Attachments immediately breaks that limiting factor for them. If you're a Rhino with a full set of Daedalus Armor, why not give some kind of added benefit to their armor rating or health and shields? If you're a Volt donning full Eos Armor, why not increase your energy regen or energy efficiency etc.? I'm not asking for game breaking enhancements but just a little boost so you don't feel like you got the attachment just because it looked neat. Give some purpose to our purchase.

DE just got rid of status giving helmets and your yapping about armors?

Its a customization item, cosmetic as you know for your self. Yes, it would be great if they did give some status but still, they are an optional item for those who can afford them. If you feel the item is not worth having for not giving any benefits then dont purchase them!

Not too long ago helmets had stats, but it was later decided that cosmetics should not have them at all, and that decision is governing all cosmetics from here on out. Helmets, armor, syandanas, and all future accessories will not have stats.

You're going to create a S#&$storm over a topic discussed to death. We no longer have helms with stats which are armor themselves as helms protect Tenno's head.

Right now DE doesn't have any real plans to do anything to cosmetics when it comes to stats. Accessories as they are now: cosmetics.

I am personally content with cosmetics having no stats and not because I don't want backlash from people for them but because I see no reason to have them equipped with stats unless future gameplay changes require more armor/health/energy etc.

I would agree on stats if that is the case. If we really need to invest in those pieces to get a 10% extra of something.

And the thing that nags at me the most is the idea that these items cost a too much plat for players who can't afford them outright so DE would have to lower their costs a bit to make it viable for people to obtain them for their stats.

This should NOT happen.

They removed stats from helmets for a reason, we dont need to start again with more stat items.

There are two huge issues with your idea:
1) It would force people to use certain accessories regardless if they think it looks good or not.
Look at the weapon attachements for any staff weapon.  I would *never* use them because to me it just looks ugly how they are positioned and it ruins the look of the weapon for me.
If they had stats I would be *forced* to use them, regardless of how stupid they look, because otherwise all I'm doing is gimping myself.
Same with the syandana and armor sets.
Then there are some cases, such as Proto Armor on Excal, That I dont equip *any* cosmetic items because I think that the base looks far better than any attempt to slap accessories ontop of it.
With your idea I would be punished because I dont like having accessories on some items and frames.  And why should I be punished for a cosmetic change?

Further it brings up the problem that I may not like how a certain set looks on some frames, but they provide the only worthwhile stat boosts to that frame.  Meaning that if I dont equip that I am just gimping myself.
Again, why should that be a thing?

2) The game would become P2W at that point because outside of helmets and some weapon skins NO cosmetics drop in game.  So they would either have to massively dilute the alert reward pool, or just say "Tough luck, looks like you'll never be as good as this player because you cant afford the cosmetics".

Edited by Tsukinoki

"Why are accessories so useless?"

Because they are accessories.

Hello again, mate! ^^

This is the answer.

They are cosmetics that shouldn't have functional purposes for balancing and because it only makes sense this way Ô.Ô

Cause then they need to be added as drops or some way to receive otherwise it is pay to win.

DE just got rid of status giving helmets and your yapping about armors?

Its a customization item, cosmetic as you know for your self. Yes, it would be great if they did give some status but still, they are an optional item for those who can afford them. If you feel the item is not worth having for not giving any benefits then dont purchase them!

If stats were added, it would go straight to P2W. Nope.

we're not in a korean mmo

2) The game would become P2W at that point because outside of helmets and some weapon skins NO cosmetics drop in game.  So they would either have to massively dilute the alert reward pool, or just say "Tough luck, looks like you'll never be as good as this player because you cant afford the cosmetics".

These comments are spot on.  I would not want myself, or others to be disadvantaged some way in the game because they didn't have the extra plat to spend on a stat-boosting armor set they might not even like the look of. 

Moreover, why can't DE just make accessories attainable without using platinum? I think that's the real underlying problem here. I guess if you want to stand out, you'd better pony up.

Why is it that my idea for dynamic Aura Mods, an idea that has been unanimously well received, has only gotten nine comments whilst this one (which was started a bit later) has twice as many? All of which are negative... it shows how easy it is for you guys to jump on the hate wagon.

If you hate this idea maybe, just maybe you'll like this one.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/251575-dynamic-aura-mods/#entry2913763

Edited by Kestral9999

I'm new to the forum, forgive me if I'm tossing around ideas that have been "discussed to death"

Naaah, it's okay... Don't be intimated with these kind of response, we're a bunch of nice people here!

Most of us though. Troll be lurking around sometimes. Just be careful.

Moreover, why can't DE just make accessories attainable without using platinum? I think that's the real underlying problem here. I guess if you want to stand out, you'd better pony up.

Because that's how DE do business. It'll not interfere your game progress since you could actually got almost anything in-game (sans accesories, but excluding helmets) without buying anything with plat, except slots (that could be bought easily if you actively got into trading to get some plat).

Edited by Athros

They need money, in the end DE needs to make some cash out of all the work they do.

Also if you play the trading market well you actually can afford a lot of them without having to buy platinum with cash.

Edited by HappyApathy

But, but accessories are not useless. They give +1 to SWAG.

Super Whowamazing Accessorization Gear.

Edit: after second look I realize my post makes even less sense than I planned.

Edited by Prany