The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Genders

JSTboi

This has probably already been discussed recently. And I know it's been discussed far before. but its just something on my mind that I just have to talk about, especially with the degree of customization coming, and foreshadowed, in the next update.

Here you are, making an identity for yourself, your own ship, your own pet. But isn't that kind of weird as a Kubrow to become attached to an Excalibur, only to wake up the next day to an Ember? Like why does my master, owner of this ship, suddenly have breasts, and looks completely different in body shape and language (Noble/Agile stances)? Is this the same person? Is this an intruder on my masters ship?

I guess it would make a little more sense if you could maintain the same gender throughout all your warframes, giving the idea that you are just a singleTenno wearing different suits. A Tenno that owns a ship, and different Warframes. This idea of course conflicts with those who have ties to lore such as Valkyr, who was imprisoned in Corpus facilities.

The gender lock has never, ever, been a problem for me. I just find it kind of odd how with all these customization options, the one thing you cannot change is your gender, which is weird when owning a pet and a ship, considering they are to be owned by ONE entity.

Meh, just a thought.

Edited by JSTboi

I get what you are saying but it doesnt break immersion for me. In fact it feels like a trivial matter, especially when I think that if DE wanted to do something about this they would have to create opposite sex variants for all existing frames and future ones as well. I think its a waste of time. when I use a frame I think of it as the chatacter selection menu in fighter. Then again I understand where you are coming from.

Unless the technology has evolved enough for one consciousness to inhabit several bodies, they are different beings.

Technocyte inhabits it's host and morphs their body, so it's on an individual basis.

My issue is a lot of it is just inconsistent. But like Joey said, until DE clarifies, we really won't know.

Its simple. You dont play ONE person. You play many different persons. There is no ONE tenno but manny.

And a male ember wont be an ember. It has been discussed a thousand times. The only thing DE considers to do is to add counterparts of existing frames.

ember=blaze

etc

/thread

Why dont we test this?

Some one record their dog's reaction when their master comes homes and has breasts.

Pretty sure they wont care cause they pay attention to smell first.

I moved away and returned to my grandmothers house temporarily and my old pets still knew who I was after about 10 years; got kinda chubby then too, so it's questionable if moobs qualify lol. Smell and Gestures mean a lot which was quite keen of you to notice: voice matters too, but we can't easily use that example here.

Here you are, making an identity for yourself, your own ship, your own pet. But isn't that kind of weird as a Kubrow to become attached to an Excalibur, only to wake up the next day to an Ember? Like why does my master, owner of this ship, suddenly have breasts? Is this the same person? Is this an intruder on my masters ship?

To answer your space-doggy questions Mr. Kubrow: Your Master's Warframe is piloted by none other than David Bowie, freeze dried by the Institute for the Science of Baddassery in the year 2021. And thawed out in the far future, during times in great need of his glam-rock-space-ninja-wizardry powers. Also his ability to fit into any skin-tight glittery costume ever made. But as a lowly Kubrow you would, of course, not be aware of this. So no need to feel shame at your ignorance.

Edited by MSD3000

This is just pure speculation but based what I've seen on the previous dark sector game, the gender of the suit can be independent of the gender of ther person wearing the suit. For example, Nemsis was a female character in Dark Sector, yet her semi tenno form from the pictures I've seen looks like a male. It could be in the case of the tenno, they have the capacity to turn into multiple frames via a chemical/void/biological process. The big problem with my idea is that it appears the suits require resource to build as opposed to a set of genetic code the tenno incorporate in themselves. One more aside, the tenno like beings in Dark Sector appear to be bigger than the average human. So even a seemingly dispproportioned tenno would still be big enough to fit a person.

Edited by Trajhenkhetlive

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea that we are just players that have different Tenno at our disposal. Still kinda odd how a Kubrows affection towards the relationship with one Tenno will transfer over to another seamlessly.

The idea that we are a single Tenno using different Warframes, whose appearances are no indication of the Tennos actual gender, is kind of ridiculous. I mean, look at Nekros. Obvious prosthetic limbs are obvious.

I say it a lot in these topics, and I think the ambiguity says it well enough, but I don't think they really cared/care to straighten this up given that it's just a game mechanic. We'll see what they say about the Focus system though, if there's lore to it we'll be closer to an actual answer on this topic.

There won't be a gender option on warframe, would take alot work and resources that DE could better spend on making the game better.

the closest that they said they might do is make frames (one male, one female) that still follow the same theme (like shock or fire) but have different ablitiies.

Also the Tenno are all likely different people, not one person, just you can control all of them. To the kubrow this is like a family of owners, or at least how I make sens of it.