The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No One Wants To Admit It, But... (Crimson Dervish Needs A Nerf)

Aktriaz

Crimson Dervish needs to be nerfed.

Do I even need to explain why? Anyone who knows what it is knows what I'm talking about.

This Stance can make any Longsword better than most of the weapons in the game.

why

why the 300% damage

who thought it was a good idea to do this

what

really what

I'm so baffled by this decision

why does Iron Phoenix even exist

no one's going to use it with Crimson Dervish's sheer power overshadowing it

at this point Iron Phoenix is just wasting hard drive space (just like Spectra huehuehue)

...I think I'm going insane.

I think the 300% damage is pretty justified when you consider the stance has no ability to gap close and has a pretty limited range due to the weapon type, I think it's just fine.

edit: also it's sloooooooooooooooooooow

Edited by TheCometCE

Guys, I think you're all forgetting one key, very important thing about Crimson Dervish; It looks f***ing gorgeous.

Iron Phoenix is the S#&$ kids do when they play-fight with sticks, Crimson Dervish Looks like a f***ing tornado made of knives dancing a f***ing tango.

Edited by Teqnologyque

Crimson Dervish is a pretty meh stance IMO, I usually end up missing most of my hits since they feel wonky.

Iron Phoenix has a really nice lunge in its basic attack pattern, and it's combo is easy to execute, and procs off the Heatswords fire esplosion.

Guys, I think you're all forgetting one key, very important thing about Crimson Dervish; It looks f***ing gorgeous.

Iron Phoenix is the S#&$ kids do when they play-fight with sticks, Crimson Dervish Looks like a f***ing tornado made of knives dancing a f***ing tango.

Kids play fighting with sticks can break the Sound Barrier AND make their stick explode with their sheer awesomeness?  Oh boy lemme go get a stick. 

I think the 300% damage is pretty justified when you consider the stance has no ability to gap close and has a pretty limited range due to the weapon type, I think it's just fine.

Not as slow as most heavy weapons.

Closing the gap? Heavy weapons.

it exists to motivate ppl to use heavy melee, since the melee 2.0 update heavy melee seems to be not so much worth to use as it once was.

wat

no really, could you please try and rephrase that? That's like saying a Boltor Prime is supposed to motivate people to use Spectra.

remember Hek?

remember strun wraith?

OH, and do you remember like half the forum was screaming for longswords to be useful?

Now that you got it, you scream nerf....

Do you even realise how stupid that looks?

No nerf needed here.

Did people want them to be better than heavy weapons?

After Melee 2.0, Longswords closed the difference with now similar dps, and more mobility. 300% Damage Makes longswords not only faster and more mobile, but also have higher damage per hit than all heavy weapons. Whats the point of Heavy weapons?

Also, people screamed nerf with Trinity, Frost, and Nova. Sometimes nerfs are needed. (I actually been seeing more of the other frames since Nova and Trinity were nerfed) It's the same principle with weapons. I can't remember the last time I saw someone use a heavy weapon other than Jat Kittag (even that was a while ago). Welcome to Dakra Prime 2.0, where you have one stance, with one 3-button combo, but that's all you'll ever need.

Did people want them to be better than heavy weapons?

After Melee 2.0, Longswords closed the difference with now similar dps, and more mobility. 300% Damage Makes longswords not only faster and more mobile, but also have higher damage per hit than all heavy weapons. Whats the point of Heavy weapons?

The answer should be to buff heavy weapons to match, then. They've fallen a bit behind since they were the charge attack kings of melee 1.0 a system which no longer exists. Dervish is fine as it is, really, it's got no reach and limited reliability in a crowd; looks fancy, but is relatively slow.

Looks pretty balanced to me.

Agreed entirely.

I think that Crimson Dervish and Iron Phoenix are pretty on-par, honestly. Sure, Crimson Dervish hits three times harder than Iron Phoenix per swing, but keep in mind that Iron Phoenix attacks about twice as fast. So it's infinitely more mobile, does about two thirds of CD's DPS with simple E spam, and has a total 4x multiplier of its own in the third attack of the EE_EEEE combo (if both strikes connect; and that's assuming that they don't score headshots).

Crimson Dervish doesn't need nerfing at all. Rather, other "slow" stances (Crossing Snakes, Pointed Wind, etc) need to be buffed to Crimson Dervish's level in order to give them a chance to compete with their more mobile counterparts (Swirling Tiger, Homing Fang, etc).

Currently, stances are still bugged. Almost every combo has multipliers to its strikes, but those multipliers dont take basic damage mods(pressure point and spoiled strike) in consideration. So those 221% you may get for one combo, is only based off the base damage without damage mods.

Currently, stances are still bugged. Almost every combo has multipliers to its strikes, but those multipliers dont take basic damage mods(pressure point and spoiled strike) in consideration. So those 221% you may get for one combo, is only based off the base damage without damage mods.

OMG really ? ><

doesn't need a nerf in any way it actual makes the swords more viable, skana prime and heatsword any maybe the others but let me guess your using a dakra prime besides I use iron phoenix prefer the lunge at the end of the strike

This is news to me. The 0.75x, 2x, and 3x multipliers in Iron Phoenix and Crimson Dervish have been working perfectly for me.

I maxed it and used it. As you can see from my icon am a loki player = melee. I am an advent sword user and can honestly say the their is nothing special about crimson dervish. When I used it, it was boring swirling spins that multiply to 3x slowly. I would rather use iron phoenix and multi hit 1 enimie at a time an build up my 3x multiplier and slaughter enemies. Using melee anyways will get you killed fast by poison or by getting shot by the multiple enemies watching you flailing about like a jack a**. 

As far as I am concerned crimson dervish sucks and I sold it for 35p to some noob that was buying into all the hype. If I get another I will do the same thing.

NOOOO nerf noobs!!!

Edited by OrphanMaker