Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Foundry/fusion, Are You Serious?

Marshall

So, if you check out this site https://warframe.com/news/lets-meet-pablo-and-dorian it says the following about Update 14:

A new player starting up the game right now won’t have the foundry or the ability to fuse or transmute mods

Wow, is this for sure? As mod fusion is a fundamental part of progressing in this game, you want to prevent people from using it? Why - for financial purposes (if you know what I mean)?

We really need to discuss this issue!

Edited by TRSS

I think that they are saying is that these items, which are indeed core parts of this game, will not become available until possibly the end of mercury (assuming they're going to continue the view that mercury is a starting player playground to learn the game and its various mission types). To be honest, this is going to have no effect on the new player base as they tend to A. Not the credits available to just do fusion, B. Don't have the resources necessary to make things in the foundary until AT LEAST Venus, and C. Not grasp the mod system at all until they get to Vor.

I'm actually in favor of this. Keep the emphasis on learning the core mechanics and add the extra goodies as their understanding of the game grows.

You don't understand, the ship modules will be part of a large project tutorial, starting with the quest Vor's Prize. New players will not need the foundry until they've completed the quest. Don't worry, as long as it isn't broken, it isn't an issue.

Whats this about a new quest??

I am a clan leader who recruits a lot of newbies and you might be heavily surprised how contrary the reality is to your statement

Made the statement based on what I remember of my starting experience and the starting experience of about 6 other clan mate who I introduced into the game and helped. 

I am a clan leader who recruits a lot of newbies and you might be heavily suprised how contrary the reality is to your statement

The player may get the market on mission one and the foundry on mission two. If you can find a new player who can even craft anything at the point, that's a milestone right there. I didn't have enough credits to do anything with until I got out of Mercury.

Whats this about a new quest??

It's the quest DE had been promising for almost a year now, I think.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII

most of you guys aren't new players anymore - it won't be an issue for you, I understand that.

but I think about new players, those who will be concerned

I'm thinking of being a new player and I realized they can easily just give you a foundry mod for your ship with Vor, who also gives you a weapon bp. Not that hard.

most of you guys aren't new players anymore - it won't be an issue for you, I understand that.

but I think about new players, those who will be concerned

They are supposed to become available as the player unlocks nodes through Mercury, from what I understand.

Their reasoning is, instead of shoving all these features onto new players, they give it to them one by one, and teaches the new players what these features are for, and how to use them.

It's like extending the tutorial and enhancing the new player experience so they don't become overwhelmed and just quit the game altogether.

trust me i also recruit newbies to my clan i they dont even use modding until later on plus they have no idea how to use it i dont see it as a problem

also...

It will be a module you install in your ship and I imagine you will get it really early. 

Plus new players don't actually use any of that stuff for quite a while not until after Vor for most. 

^this^

They are supposed to become available as the player unlocks nodes through Mercury, from what I understand.

Their reasoning is, instead of shoving all these features onto new players, they give it to them one by one, and teaches the new players what these features are for, and how to use them.

It's like extending the tutorial and enhancing the new player experience so they don't become overwhelmed and just quit the game altogether.

^also this^

It's not an issue. The reason why new players will be locked out of mod fusion and the foundry from the get-go is because they won't have any significant amount of mods, resources or blueprints to use.

The idea is that new players would play through a series of missions which would unlock portions of their ship; for each portion unlocked they'd receive a tutorial which would explain how to use those functions.

Basically it's to teach players about the various things rather than just bombard them with everything at once. My guess is that it would take 10 missions or less to unlock everything in the ship.

So no, it's not an issue.

My initial reaction was, well pretty kneejerk.  0.0 The hek?

However, with that given time to subside, I'm okay-ish with this.  As a core personal preference, I disdain hand-holding and tutorials of all kinds.  That's part of why I enjoyed the early days in Warframe as it just drops you on your head and shouts "Figure it out!" then skips away gleefully giggling about how hard you're gonna likely get shredded in the days to come.

Personal preference aside though, people who aren't me like tutorials.  And there are a lot more not-me than there are me, so I see this as a positive thing.