Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Get Primed , Corpus Vandalized , And Grineer Wraithed? What About Infested Weapons?

Deidaku

Blighted acrid, with pre damage 2.0 stats.

You do realise the stats of the acrid are pretty much the same as they used to be, the only thing that screwed the weapon is reducing the toxic DoT to 1% of the weapons damage down from 50% as it used to be.

As odd as it may sound, I'd go with "Living". Why you may ask?  Well think about it, everything that gets touched by the infested basically turns into a somewhat living organism, look at the Ospreys for example, from robots to living organisms, also the weapons, they all seem...alive...they move,twist and turn. And these newer versions will also be even more alive, they'll have more spontaneous moves, they'll have extra growth on them, as if they're growing more and more compared to the normal versions.

They also sound pretty cool "Living Phage" "Living Synapse"...but that's just me.

I go for Primordial, basically another word for ancient. 

Primordial Ichors

Primordial Phage 

Has a nice ring to it. 

I've been thinking Primal, but Primordial works just as well.

That said, they do both sound a little similar to Prime.

Edited by Cybernetix

As odd as it may sound, I'd go with "Living". Why you may ask?  Well think about it, everything that gets touched by the infested basically turns into a somewhat living organism, look at the Ospreys for example, from robots to living organisms, also the weapons, they all seem...alive...they move,twist and turn. And these newer versions will also be even more alive, they'll have more spontaneous moves, they'll have extra growth on them, as if they're growing more and more compared to the normal versions.

They also sound pretty cool "Living Phage" "Living Synapse"...but that's just me.

Infested weapons are already alive, though. Maybe Ancient or Evolved could work, but Wretched has a nice sound to it.

I like plague(d), wretched is pretty cool too, if not just because of the metal band of the same name.

IMO evolved is really overused in the titles of sequels and things, not a big fan of it. Also mutalist clearly describes infestation/corpus mix so that's not relevant, for those of you saying that.

Nothing gets "primed".

Prime manufacts are ancient Orokin-produced artifacts that somebody is copying badly (think for example the Braton, an Orokin weapon that is copied by the Corpus). Prime weapons are just discovered.

Also, "vandalized" and "wraith" do not refer to where the design comes from, but who modified it.

"Vandalized" means "modified by the Tenno/Lotus". They have modified, so far, mostly Corpus weapons - but nobody says that the Lotus shouldn't vandalize Infested weapons. The Lotus then puts small drawings of the Lotus emblem on the weapon.

"Wraith" means "modified by the Red Veil". They have modified, so far, mostly Grineer weapons, but once again they might decide to enhance Corpus or Infested weapons. The Red Veil then colors the weapon with their typical red-black scheme.

So, Scoliac Vandal could be a thing, and Scoliac Wraith could be a thing. It would just mean "look, the Red Veil/Lotus decided to upgrade the Scoliac, and have produced this lovely limited-edition enhanced version".

In order to find a new term to attach to modified weapons, you need to find a new manufacturer.

The mystical forces of the Tenno get fine tuned like machines, the capitalistic wrought Corpus get vandalized, the clones suffer their ghosts...

The idea is to hinge around one of each factions' most defining features and twerk it.

The infested are a cancer, a rampant toxic growth. Their greatest short falling is lack of direction and the inability to focus on any mutation which proves highly beneficial - which is why Alad V thanked us for helping him cull the weakest strains from his herd.

"Plagued" doesn't quite work here. Its more potent then non-plagued but lacks emphasis and direction. "Evolved" could work, but again the infested do evolve of their own accord. I'd suggest a prefix which has to do with deliberate adaption of infested matter, something which shows that the traits of the infested have been deliberately enhanced for a specific purpose.

How does "Sequenced" sound to you lot?

Infested weapons...

"Defiled" makes a lot of sense. Only if it's used as a prefix though...all of them thus far have been suffixes.

Hm...requires consideration....

Scoliac...Tysis...Phage...Ichor...yup.

Tysis Filth

Scoliac Filth

Phage Filth

Ichor Filth

Sounds okay.

Edited by Meta_Nexus