Yeehaw_Prime

First thing I do when I install a game with multiplayer:

1. Options

2. Sound settings

3. Disable voice communication

4. If not under sound settings, check multiplayer settings

5. Disable voice communication

6. If at all possible, hide/disable global chats

7. If for some reason I cannot possibly disable voice, uninstall said game and never touch it again.

I do not care about what anyone has to say in online video gaming now because the internet has turned everyone into simpleton idiot meme spammers. No little billy that wasn't epic for the win. Please fall in a well little billy.

A really deep well.

Voice chat is great when used as intended. Using a controller and my tv/monitor I'm often not that close to my laptop and typing is normally a hassle "hey I need help" "Thanks" "hey watch your back" "revive them Im not close" SUCKS TO TYPE sometimes especially in a dark  room...Thank God I never run into little Billy.

I don't know you, and have never played with you,,,but thank you for thinking so deeply about your feelings for me that you had to make an entire thread about it. I didn't know my game play meant that much to you.

The only reason to run defense missions is to get certain specific things, (keys, a certain mod, etc) once that prize comes  up, its time to go, Why, because to continue would mean losing that item.

Survivals can be fun with the right group of people, and with the right group of people you don't need a mic.

Voice  chat has never worked as far as i can tell in this game, at least for me any way, perhaps there are a few whom it works for, but for the majority of people it seems silent most times.

There is as yet nothing in this game that cannot be solo'd including survival and defense missions.  

Here are some reasons why I hate pretty much everyone in the Warframe community.

Sorted into categories for your convenience.

Survival

- People that wait at extraction after 5 minutes, even when clearly nobody else is ready to leave.  They will proceed to sit at extraction until the mission is over, even if you try and talk them out of it.

-When it seems like nobody except me pays attention to the life support, and when life support reaches 0 because I forgot to pay attention, it's suddenly my fault.

Defense

-People that leave on wave 5.  Exceptions include people that are just trying to uncover the map.

-When one person chooses to claim and exit, suddenly everyone else does, as if that one person was carrying the entire team.

Trading

-Sellers that ask you to make an offer when you ask how much something is, then when you make an offer they just say no and move on, without actually telling you what they want for it.  People do this because they expect you to offer more than what they were expecting, which rarely ever happens.

-Sellers that expect way more than an item is actually worth.

-Buyers that expect to pay way less than an item is actually worth.

Misc

-People that don't have sound on.  This is a game that has a voice chat function, where teamwork is very important.  Typing in the middle of the action is not an option.  Therefore, voice chat is a preferable form of communication.  It's okay if you don't have a mic, but don't expect me to type just to cater to you.  Turn your sound on.

And that ends my rant.  Hopefully, you aren't any of these people.

Survival 

-That really depends on who it is waiting by extraction. If they're rank newbie I don't mind it I usually ask them if they want to stay longer, If not I leave with them.

If it were an alert type mission? I usually leave at 5 minutes.

If it were the void? I would slit someone's throat.

-Life support is a b*tch, but it is literally a teamwork thing. Pay attention to it if no one else is, that way you won't have a fit over it and everyone starts blaming each other. Take one for the team.

Defense

-That also depends on who you're with or where you are. Some people might not want to stay past wave 5, and that's understandable. 

Can't speak for everyone I mean.. they might be busy? they might need to leave early to join a friends session? 

If it were a sector? They might want the credits as most people do? 

If it were the void? I will slit their throat if they left for a Rare 5 fusion core. A prime part? No biggy. 

Trading

- I really have nothing else to add onto this other than you're going to meet people who are like this. It's.. the norm. 

Misc

- After having my ears raped by people screaming into the mic or playing folk music. I keep it muted.

It's not a nice thing. I agree that the voice-chat function is key to team-work, but expect people to have you muted.

Be flexible, and ready to type at anyone who hasn't heard a thing you've said. Otherwise.. expect your mission objective to be blown to shreds. 

Tl;dr 

I think you should try finding a group of your own OP. 

Would make things a lot easier for you, and you won't have to deal with well.. the rest of us. 

Or we don't have to deal with you..? Just kidding

Edited by Verre

I've never actually met anyone that uses the voice chat function.

There were rare times when I heard something in the game, I look at their profile and see the voice chat icon thingy and I tell my friend over Skype call "Someone in the game is using voice chat." and I think to myself "Wait, this game has a voice chat?".

And then all that I hear is the occasional cough and rustling of paper in random pops of the voice chat icon.

Well if you want a good player on your team send me a friend inv man. Me and my one single friend solo our Dojo and we kick &#!. And I don't use the mic cause well it sucks in game or I'm listening to music that is better than what Warframe has. But I can totally turn on my mic and use it.

I find it funny that pretty much everything he is complaining about can be fixed by either going solo or finding a clan that plays the same way he does. He clearly doesnt know what makes a bad community. Try playing serious ranked in LoL and see how long till u uninstall. Then your rant will be valid.

Defense

-People that leave on wave 5.  Exceptions include people that are just trying to uncover the map.

Misc

-People that don't have sound on.  This is a game that has a voice chat function, where teamwork is very important.  Typing in the middle of the action is not an option.  Therefore, voice chat is a preferable form of communication.  It's okay if you don't have a mic, but don't expect me to type just to cater to you.  Turn your sound on.

As one of the people you hate here are my responses:

Defense: I practically almost always leave at 5 on sechura. I'm in it to grind creds. If you don't want a bunch of wave 5 exits, go somewhere the credits aren't so nice. Especially for new players, a consistent 23k creds its ALOT. Not that I'm new. But I also stupidly never spammed all my t3 keys when they were worth about double what they are now.

Sound: a) warframe sounds/music SUCK. Sorry but they need new music instead of looping the same thing. b) I like to listen to music when I play c) what I don't want to hear is some random teen whose voice hasn't broken yet curse me out. Probably happens less here than in CoD but still. I don't want to listen to people. It is a team game but it requires next to no communication. Each frame should know what their job is. Only thing you ever need to coordinate is to avoid popping air supply at the same time. Seriously.. what else do you need to talk about?

Most of these annoy me to some degree but the last one, sorry Ive had enough experience with screamers, jerks, and people who think I want to hear their music through terrible microphones. Sure some people might genuinely want to use it for good, but the bad apples ruin it for everyone. I end up playing a silent game, only typing to 'shoot the S#&$' really. Ive not run into a need for chat beyond a few specific instances.

-Survival

This is more a gameplay issue.  It needs to be implemented so people can leave from extraction at any time they like.  Honestly have them wait 30s at extraction before they can leave as well and tell all players that person is leaving (all missions should have something like this to be honest).

Problem is even if you ask people how long they want to go or planing to go they dont always tell you.  Also it works the other way, you can be hosting wanting to go to 15 and the other 2 or 3 ppl leave draging you out of a match.

Few ppl tag the canister triggering as well and say they will watch it, so all 4 can presme someone else is doing it.  More players seem to hurl insults for getting life support too eairly than you get for it runing out making players hesatant to do so.  Also the host is the only player that typically will have the correct value the life support is on at any one time.

- Defence

this is the point, you leave when you want to, maybe players actually wanted the reward that showed up at 5.

- voice coms

Its often off because not everyone uses 'push to talk', players dont want to hear others eating, breathing, sniffling, coughing or having arguments with people they live with, ot hear their TV, music or whatever else in the background.  Then there are the screamers, and general jerks spewing venom and insults on top of that as well.  Fix those and more people will leave voice chat on.

There are also players using other voice chat programs with friends, be those friends in Warframe or not.

Edited by Loswaith

This is just a hasty generalization of players in warframe. I suggest finding a clan that you can play with, the way you like and also chat with. There are tons of clans that use VOIP, might be a time to start joining one.

Of course it might be kind of hard to find a decent clan when you have a preconceived negative attitude towards everyone you meet.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Never using the Voice Chat ingame either.

Just doesn't go well with me normally using TeamSpeak whenever my mates are around. So the randoms I get paired with are out of luck and I don't intend to change that. Also nobody would stand the crap I'm talking about anyways, so I do everyone a favor to avoid voice chat. xD

As far as the other stuff goes... pretty much the way communities are in every game. Nearly nobody wants to do more than neccessary and if a mission fails it's always your fault and not that of the lazy bastards you get paired with, also many people tend to abuse trade systems to their advantage if they are implemented lackluster like in Warframe.

Edited by MeduSalem

Misc

And that ends my rant.  Hopefully, you aren't any of these people.

Yeah! How dare people choose not to have to listen to the voice input from other players!

Trading

-Sellers that ask you to make an offer when you ask how much something is, then when you make an offer they just say no and move on, without actually telling you what they want for it.  People do this because they expect you to offer more than what they were expecting, which rarely ever happens.

And I hate these type of people who complain about how others trade. Trade isn't supposed to be fair and if you don't like the way someone trades, then don't trade with them. Don't need to see a rant about this. You'll see unfair trades all over in the real world.

Edited by RamenNation

Here are some reasons why I hate pretty much everyone in the Warframe community.

Sorted into categories for your convenience.

Survival

- People that wait at extraction after 5 minutes, even when clearly nobody else is ready to leave. They will proceed to sit at extraction until the mission is over, even if you try and talk them out of it.

-When it seems like nobody except me pays attention to the life support, and when life support reaches 0 because I forgot to pay attention, it's suddenly my fault.

Defense

-People that leave on wave 5. Exceptions include people that are just trying to uncover the map.

-When one person chooses to claim and exit, suddenly everyone else does, as if that one person was carrying the entire team.

Trading

-Sellers that ask you to make an offer when you ask how much something is, then when you make an offer they just say no and move on, without actually telling you what they want for it. People do this because they expect you to offer more than what they were expecting, which rarely ever happens.

Misc

-People that don't have sound on. This is a game that has a voice chat function, where teamwork is very important. Typing in the middle of the action is not an option. Therefore, voice chat is a preferable form of communication. It's okay if you don't have a mic, but don't expect me to type just to cater to you. Turn your sound on.

And that ends my rant. Hopefully, you aren't any of these people.

Many of these very individual problems can be solved by playing with your friends and TS or solo.

But in general, I experience the Warframe community as helpful and polite. Of course, there are always some Kiddies but very few.

You should really compare this game with LoL, CoD or DayZ, where I even get @###cked up by people I'm on TS with. You will see that there is really no need to complain.

inb4 lock right? I don't think this thread will exist for a long time

Edited by Scarab14