Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why All This Hate?

Muffle

I enjoy using Rhino without Stomp equipped.

On the rare occasion I do use him that is. That rubedo skin made me wanna use him for a few missions.

Rhino Charge is underrated imo.

Word of advice. If you ever see a Rhino using Roar, he's probably okay and not a #$&(%, or he is new. One or the other.

But I've honestly only ran into maybe 4 Rhino players who were worth caring about. None of them were Rhino Prime. Every Rhino Prime I've ever played with is always a tunnel vision neanderthal who wouldn't revive you if your bleeding corpse fell directly into his mouth.

As for the hating of the rushing rhino, they forget not everyone has for lack of a better term, super armor as well as a hefty shield usually. It's really REALLY easy to completely ignore rooms filled to the brim with hordes of enemies, because Rhino can shrug it off rather easily. Not all frames can do that so they have to think a tiny bit when running through dangerous territory. And they almost never run back to save you if you do go down.

I never rely on two types of players. Loki players and Rhino Prime players. I have yet to see a decent teamwork oriented loki or rhino prime. All of them have been asshats.

I stick around as Rhino Prime myself if teammates happen to be pinned down. As Loki you'd best believe I will disarm heavies and toss decoys while invisible like crazy :v.

I love coptering, its like the reason Pure melee works in this game, quicker you get to the enemy shooting you, the better , orthos p for life

I also dont understand why people hate rhino...iron skin doesnt make you invincible

you know what does make you invincible? Valkyrs 1 minute God mode

know what else makes you invincible?  Ash's teleport around the entire room for 25 energy killing everything in God mode button

dont see hate for them,but i see BUFF threads for those frames once in awhile 

maybe our community is just stupid lol

For me it's just aesthetic, I don't think it's game-breaking, but it does make you look like a jackass :v. Wall running could use the type of speed the Copter Exploit gives you to at least make it useful, I think only one map atm lets you use wallrunning productively to get around somewhere faster, by doing multiple wallruns. And getting to an enemy faster should be what the Wall Attack should do, but honestly has anyone here consistently connected with that thing?

Edited by TenshuYuusha

me myself dont like coptering, it makes bad habit and makes the game monotonous as hell, what is the point of giving people the option for horizontal wall running when they can exploit a bug to make themself launch at bajilion meters per hour? wallrunning and doing parkour stuffs felt a lot more fun but you will be a burden to your teammate for not going fast enough

about rhino, i dont really care, but usually people who use iron skin gets too cocky and decide to rush in alone, which gives trouble to their teammates

Because people can't be content to play the way they want and let others play the way they want.  The complainers want to control the other players and make them play in a manner that's deemed "ok" to them.

The complainers should have no voice.  They don't offer any useful insight into the game, they just ruin everything they talk about when DE listens.

And DE listens far too much.

I'll only address Vanguard and why I don't like it. As a former Rhino player (I've played mostly with Rhino, but went back to my Excal Prime because of Radial Blind's utility), I don't think Rhino should be the second fastest frame. I think he should be one of the slowest, honestly. I'd take a stronger Iron Skin, more health, more armor, but I think his speed should be his disadvantage in exchange for having more health, more shields, and more armor (since he's a tank).

That said, I've got no problem playing with a Rhino. A Nova who spams M Prime all the time, or an Ember that spams World on Fire, especially on lower levels, is far more annoying to me.

Because people can't be content to play the way they want and let others play the way they want.  The complainers want to control the other players and make them play in a manner that's deemed "ok" to them.

The complainers should have no voice.  They don't offer any useful insight into the game, they just ruin everything they talk about when DE listens.

The irony is staggering.

I love coptering, its like the reason Pure melee works in this game, quicker you get to the enemy shooting you, the better , orthos p for life

make you invincible

I also dont understand why people hate rhino...iron skin doesnt 

you know what does make you invincible? Valkyrs 1 minute God mode

know what else makes you invincible?  Ash's teleport around the entire room for 25 energy killing everything in God mode button

dont see hate for them,but i see BUFF threads for those frames once in awhile 

maybe our community is just stupid lol

you maybe forgot that these abiltiies have you locked into an Animation or an animation set which restricts you from using guns or weapons at all and that is the reason that these frames are different, furthermore these abilities are Ultimates meant to be destructive not 2's these abilities are barely affected by mods.

Rhino's Iron Skin can get you up to an effective health of 4863 and that isnt including the fact that you have 400 armour and are still too fast for anyone to catch up with that amount of protection having a limited timed Invincibility is worth less in the midgame as it ends before your Iron Skin does, now I dont know how Armour works but It has to equate for something and with that much armour and effective health good luck dying.

Im sorry for the Apparent rage this paragraph may portray I just find Rhino's speed sill when frames like Volt are soo painstakingly slow without using their movement abilities

Yeah because screw the player base right? Screw their opinion right? Screw the people who play the game, right? With that kind of attitude DE would go ABSOLUTELY nowhere.''They don't offer any useful insight into the game''. Really? The forum is not only about bashing DE you know, many of us here try to help them see what is wrong by complaining. No complaints lead to no amelioration. 

Edited by Alphafox

People who hate Rhino obviously have never played an MMO before. Rhino is designed to be the Tank of the group hence his high health and shield, AND TANKY LOOK. I mean holy sh#t it's so annoying to hear people rag on the ONE Warframe who Tank isn't OP. People who complain about Rhino don't go very far in End Game. By wave 50 in ODD Rhino is damn near useless except for his CC but other than that its one hit for the Iron Skin and another hit to kill them. I had a similar discussion like this on Region with another guy who said Crimson Dervish should be nerfed because of it's damage multiplier ( I could relist me points to why it's not but i will try to stay on track). If we look at truly untouchable why don't we look at Valkyr, "Ms.600 Base Armor", or "Ms. 40 Seconds of pure invincibility". People who complain about Rhino talk complete utter crap about him, but the second they go down the first thing out there mouth is "Use Iron Skin/Stomp to pick me up". Rant over *exhales deeply*

I'll bite, I guess.

The stereotypical (and sadly, most common) rhino player you will meet will be inconsiderate and ruin certain mission types. Defence mission? They'll run to a door and stomp everything to death, making it harder to pick up loot and possibly killing out of xp range. Mobile defence? Hallway heroes, making the loot harder to pick up and definitely denying xp to anyone defending the pod. Dark Sector mission for extra xp on rifle/pistol/melee kills? Stomp stomp stomp, no bonus xp for anyone. And let's face it - a low level mission isn't exactly fun if someone just one-hits everything with an AoE skill.

Yes, the same can be said for many other frames (nova and molecular prime, despite the changes to the skill, is still a good example); but in my online experience, I'd say 8/10 or maybe even 9/10 of rhinos I come across behave like this.

As for coptering, it was a confirmed bug. DE only kept it due to all the whining. The game's not exactly fun if someone just rushes ahead faster than you possibly can and kills everything. When we go back to the days when bosses actually dropped blueprints, it'd often mean the boss was killed in some weird and wonderful place and you wouldn't be able to find your loot. As if someone considerate enough to not let you play the game would mark the drop or tell you where it was if you asked.

Anyway, I bit. Happy? You'd know these things if you actually read the posts.

Since the devs know about it, and have decided not to change it, it really is more of a "feature" than a "bug" at this point...

Yea i think they pretty much are gonna leave it in there, that and the infinte wallrun glitch. Heck i swore even in one Devstream they did the walrun glitch

One of the biggest reasons a lot of players dislike Rhino, especially vanguard Rhino, is because a vast majority of rhino players just rush and spam 2 and 4. I hate rushing enough as it is (if you are going to rush play solo) but Rhino players seem to do it the most.

I don't actually have a problem with Rhino on the whole. He isn't one of my favorites but I do dust him off from time to time and when I play with a rhino that actually supports the team using roar, doesn't rush and uses 4 as needed, I actually have a lot of fun and can see the value in rhino.

There is just this huge elitist attitude that seems to be ripe throughout the community. Which makes me laugh a bit because for every weapon/frame that has a bad rep I've managed to find a way to make it viable endgame and perfectly usable.

Just ignore it and play with what you enjoy using and try to be a good team mate. That way you can't really go wrong.

It seems this attitude is really only huge on the forums however. 

Coptering and Sprint Sliding are annoying to see and aesthetically ugly to look at, but I'm forced to adopt them in my playstyle or else I'm ineffective, insulted, left behind in missions, etc.

It's continued inclusion in the game is one of my greatest pet peeves, (aside from revive rushing) because it's far beyond repetitive.

The main reason I dislike it, however, is because it detracts from the parkour, in more ways than one.

Once upon a time, parkour used to be a big thing, everyone was excited about it! Players wanted it, DE hyped it! Yay! Eventually, the day had come! We could wallrun, flip and jump where no one had ever jumped before! Players wanted more, DE wanted more! Expand the parkour, improve the parkour! Yeah!

And then Sprint Sliding and Coptering were eventually "discovered."

And that was it. No more expanding, no more improvements to what we had, don't even recall much talk about it anymore. It simply... Fell out of the picture.

Why do anything to support it when it's not even necessary anymore, when no one cares about it?

Too bad.

Edited by FatalX7

So I see a lot of hate about my favourite weapon-leveling Frame Vanguard Rhino Prime here. and Mostly I understand why they're hating - because there are not many of my brothers in frame that know how to play him right and the rest just abuse his skills (same as Nova players, or many of the Loki master-race fan(girl)s. Btw Vauban Master-Race 4LIFE! Okay. Enough trolling, now to get back to the topic.).

Now I want to explain how I use my Rhino and why I use all of his skills regardless of my enemy:

Rhino Charge - highly underestimated skill, even though no matter the mob level, it can save someone, by knocking down the enemy that tries to kill Rhino's teammate or even the Rhino himself.

Iron skin - one of the most used skills from Rhinos and for good reason, but focusing and relying solely on this skill is simply stupid. No need to comment on that skill.

Roar - one of the most useful buff skills in Warframe and highly underestimated as well, sometimes even more than the Rhino charge. One of the skills I tend to spam mainly on def missions (specially ODD, since the people tend to actually guard the pod and therefore they deserve that buff) and sometimes even other missions, depending on my group.

Rhino Stomp - the most abused of all the Rhino skills, because as I said above, most of my brothers in frame lack the knowledge of team-play. Personally I use this skill to save lives/pods and to destroy glitched mobs, rather than spamming it mindlessly.

As for the coptering - there are other ways to keep up with the coptering and people who know the moves know what I mean. As for the rest - I'll play mean and leave them to figure it out on their own (as I did... once)

He's just a well balanced frame for lower level casual missions. Add that to being fairly easy to obtain and you have yourself a very common played warframe. It's this reason mainly why people give it a stereotype because people who only use rhino are blind and close minded if they haven't enveloped themselves in other frames. The dislikers could also feel like Rhino is too easy and therefore doesn't present a challenge to them (taking fun away). I personally don't care for Rhino because I don't find his abilities that useful for the type of missions I do (or another frame does them better).

On coptering: I don't really care about it all that much, if people want to copter, they can copter. I have Volt.

On Rhino: My only problem with Rhino is that so many people play him. It seems like every game I play, there is a Rhino. This is not a bad thing per se, but it just makes me glad that I don't use him. With so many Rhinos out there, there is less variety in the game.

Edited by Darkjackal_2031

I don't have any problem with Rhino as a 'frame.

I don't have any real problems with gear in general, I do have some issues with behavior, and there coptering comes into it.

What I don't like--and this applies to both Vanguard Rhinos and the coptering foolishness--is the rushrushrush mentality. This isn't pizza delivery; you don't get a bonus for doing it faster than the other guy.

What I really don't like is the rushrushrush bozos leaving them team behind, getting smoke-checked in some remote section of the map, then pissing and moaning about not getting a revive. Worse still are the ones that make it to extract then complain to complain that others aren't keeping up. Tough crunchies. If I'm on the system map, I'm generally there for resources with mastery thief and I'm going to check every container, regardless of what this lot wants.

If people think Rhino is a crutch, it's because he's a semi-decent frame available early on. Rhino actually isn't as powerful as people think he is. Sure, iron skin makes you invincible at low levels, but at low levels you weren't going to die anyway. It doesn't scale well at high levels, making roar and stomp his more useful (but not overpowered) abilities. If you're trying to tank in Warframe, you're playing the game wrong. People don't seem to get that.

Coptering is fun. Rushing is fun. You're going to be grinding in identical tilesets hundreds of times and the resources you earn from the map are negligible compared to what you'd get from a decent survival or defense run. I see no reason to make a mission last any longer than it has to.

I don't think people hate the Rhino Prime, I think they hate the playing style some people employ with him. Rhino Charge and Stomp are incredibly powerful abilities if your trying to revive a fallen tenno or stall a wave for the rest of the frames to lay more firepower into.

I am totally fine with that. I would just like to know why they dislike them. 

Please do. I don't see why an early-game focused frame is the target of so much hate. An explanation would be very much appreciated. 

Also, is there something wrong with coptering? Gunz: the Duel, another mobility based third person shooter, was known especially for some animation-cancelling exploits that made their game faster-paced (though it took more skill to play). Tribes:Ascend birthed the exploit known as Skiing, which also made the game faster-paced. This feature was implemented in later versions by the developers, who agreed that a faster-paced shooter game would be more fun. Team Fortress 2, a mobility based first person shooter, also did a similar thing, actively encouraging explosion jumping, as a good rocket/sticky jumper was seen as a skillful player and it helped move the pace of the game along. I would list more examples, but I think you get the idea. I don't see why Warframe can't do something similar.

lol skiing in TA was never an exploit its a game mechanic

The hate about Rhino Prime is mostly about his speed. Every Warframe has something unique to him. Loki is (was) the fastest frame, but lacked damage.

Rhino was sturdy, but slow. Now Rhino Prime is OMGWTFLOKI-fast AND has superior survivability?

This is not hate, this is unfair. If the Vanguard helmet on Rhino Prime would not work, the hassle would be smaller.